Xbox One - PS4 Switch for FIFA 18

JHiL
905 posts Semi-Pro
Anyone here who really made the switch simply because PS4 will also have icons/legends next year. When the news was released that every console is equal plenty of people stated they would switch.

I'm curious if anyone made the switch...

Comments

• Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    all cool people have
  • UpstartCaesar
    3177 posts National Call-Up
    Fab wrote: »
    all cool people have

• CornishLad
    24800 posts Player of the Year
    Not sure how anyone can use those sorry excuses for controllers. Feel like in gunna break them if I simply squeeze them
  • frozenslash
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    I was considering it but have a few friends who have actually made the switch back to/to the xbox. seems the gimmick of having a ps4 just for the name is wearing off.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Nope i don't have childs hands so i can't use a PS4 controller very well
  • Gazza
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    CornishLad wrote: »
    Not sure how anyone can use those sorry excuses for controllers. Feel like in gunna break them if I simply squeeze them

Simple solution - do what i've done and keep the x1 controller when selling the box and pick up a converter that allows you to use it on the station
  • Moiizer
    15202 posts World Class
    I wasnt but im now 50/50. Im getting cod on PS4 and picking up a Scuf Impact. Aslong as that controller feels better than the default one i may well jump.
  • CornishLad

Simple solution - do what i've done and keep the x1 controller when selling the box and pick up a converter that allows you to use it on the station

Yeah that's true but naaa
  • JHiL
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm surprised people are willing to spend so much money for a switch to a console with the same game. I understand when all your friends are on PS4 you make the switch. But I believe some made the switch because they believe PS4 will have a more stable server for WL.

• UpstartCaesar
    3177 posts National Call-Up

Why are you squeezing the controllers
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    JHiL wrote: »
    I'm surprised people are willing to spend so much money for a switch to a console with the same game. I understand when all your friends are on PS4 you make the switch. But I believe some made the switch because they believe PS4 will have a more stable server for WL.

Definitely not worth switching just for the one game, but if you're a fifa player and have a number of reasons to switch then now is the time to look at doing it with the release of 18 just around the corner.
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Moiizer wrote: »
    I wasnt but im now 50/50. Im getting cod on PS4 and picking up a Scuf Impact. Aslong as that controller feels better than the default one i may well jump.

Are the paddles good for FIFA? I'd probably get one but I don't know if they work well for FIFA and for the next cod I probably wouldn't need one as you cant jump around everywhere anymore
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    Not sure.
    Need a PS4 though for Spider-Man and Detroit
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    JHiL wrote: »

i doubt people that only play fifa are switching, unless they had a ps3 and are homesick.
  • Moiizer
    15202 posts World Class
    Jake wrote: »
    Moiizer wrote: »

Are the paddles good for FIFA? I'd probably get one but I don't know if they work well for FIFA and for the next cod I probably wouldn't need one as you cant jump around everywhere anymore

Never tried using the paddles for fifa tbh mate.

Paddles still be useful for cod, nades, mantleing etc
  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    All my mates have a PS4 and are trying to convert me for 18 but I am loyal to Xbox.
  • CornishLad

Why are you squeezing the controllers

Rage n tings
  • JDukes96
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm building a gaming PC once my refund from school comes back in a few weeks. I went over to the PC Community Centre to see if it was a decent idea to switch to PC, but someone had already made a thread asking about It and pretty much everyone says that the PC community is full of cheaters, which makes me sad because once I build my PC, FIFA will be the only thing holding me back from cancelling my Xbox live membership and making a full switch over to PC. (no cost for online play, system runs smoother, looks better graphically, can upgrade when needed/wanted, more versatility etc.). Plus any game that you can get on console, you can get on PC (barring exclusives like God of War, Halo, etc.)
  • maymanpele
    14520 posts Has That Special Something
    Ps4>
  • MikeyP_FC
    14666 posts Has That Special Something
    I wish I could play on Pc too @JDukes96 I travel a bit and a good laptop is way easier to lug than a console, monitor, cables etc.

Considering a Nintendo switch :D
  • JDukes96
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    I wish I could play on Pc too @JDukes96 I travel a bit and a good laptop is way easier to lug than a console, monitor, cables etc.

Yeah I feel you! I don't travel much at all but yeah a Switch would be great, but idk how it'd be for FIFA (maybe super easy bc noobs, right? :joy: )

Does anyone know exactly what the cheaters on PC do? Like do they ddos you? haha @MikeyP_FC
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    JDukes96 wrote: »

Yeah I feel you! I don't travel much at all but yeah a Switch would be great, but idk how it'd be for FIFA (maybe super easy bc noobs, right? :joy: )

Does anyone know exactly what the cheaters on PC do? Like do they ddos you? haha @MikeyP_FC

alter all their players to 99 change their height etc
  • JDukes96
    JDukes96 wrote: »

alter all their players to 99 change their height etc

I mean I don't know THAT much about PCs but there must be a way for EA to combat this? Or maybe not? Just seems ridiculous haha @Fab
  • Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    not a clue my job is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so no idea about anything programming wise
  • JDukes96
    not a clue my job is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ so no idea about anything programming wise

Wait programming and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ aren't the same thing?
  • Paciga45
    3872 posts National Call-Up
    I can't use that controller
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    Nope i don't have childs hands so i can't use a PS4 controller very well

You know what they say about big hands @AnDrEwThEdOn :trollface:
  • ManTrain
    3000 posts National Call-Up

That's my only hesitation for switching. Always hated PS controllers.