Johan Cruyff
    cruyff11.JPG

Notable Honours
    League Titles = 9
    Champions League/European Cup = 3
    Ballon d'Or = 3
  • Hibee
    11862 posts Has That Special Something
    Pele is a strange one. It's kind of looked down that he played for Santos most of his career. But you have to remember pretty much the whole Brazil team played in Brazil. The standard must have been high. But there is no doubt a large % of his goals were in challenge matches. But 3 World Cups, the first at 17 is pretty crazy really.
  • SC1967
    10731 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2017
    1. Claret_n_blue_blood & zl Gshock (EPL, Barcelona, Italy) - Diego Maradona, Paolo di Canio, Bobby Moore

2. chaz & jamle1874 (Serie A, Borussia Dortmund, England) - Paolo Maldini, Marco van Basten, Roberto Carlos

3. Lisbon67 & SC1967 (Bundesliga, AC Milan, Spain) - Franz Beckenbauer, Lothar Matthaus, Gerd Muller

4. fergoosee & xGeorgeSmithx (La Liga, Manchester United, Netherlands) - Lionel Messi, Johan Cruyff, Paco Gento

5. Selgarr & TheGreenMachine (EPL, Real Madrid, France) - Zinedine Zidane, Cristiano Ronaldo

6. Dairee & Mik (Serie A, Liverpool, Germany) - Ronaldo, Kaka

7. Hibee & AnDrEwThEdOn (Bundesliga, Juventus, Brazil) - Michel Platini, Zico

8. MarioMonk & DanSmith89 (La Liga, Bayern Munich, Argentina) - Ronaldinho, Alfredo Di Stefano
    Post edited by SC1967 on
  • SC1967
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    Hibee wrote: »
    Pele is a strange one. It's kind of looked down that he played for Santos most of his career. But you have to remember pretty much the whole Brazil team played in Brazil. The standard must have been high. But there is no doubt a large % of his goals were in challenge matches. But 3 World Cups, the first at 17 is pretty crazy really.

State Leagues means he wouldn't have been playing against most these players. The State Leagues still exist and could have teams from the lowest division involved.
  • chaz
    1905 posts Play-Off Hero
    It was different times back then. That Santos team were considered the best in the world and thrashed Europe's best team at the time in Benfica. And Pele was their best player.

• SC1967
    4 hour time limit now remember.
  • fergoosee
    12273 posts Has That Special Something
    SC1967 wrote: »

takes them to 8.30 tomorrow?
  • SC1967
    fergoosee wrote: »

takes them to 8.30 tomorrow?

Yep.
  • Hibee

State Leagues means he wouldn't have been playing against most these players. The State Leagues still exist and could have teams from the lowest division involved.

Aye but they won loads of Intercontinental Cups and Copa Libertadores in the 60s so must have been a good team. Santos used to also tour Europe and destroy teams. Really don't think the standard was that bad.

Have you seen 'Once in a Lifetime'? Doc Movie about NY Cosmos, and Pele joining them. Well worth checking out if not.
  • xGeorgeSmithx

Aye but they won loads of Intercontinental Cups and Copa Libertadores in the 60s so must have been a good team. Santos used to also tour Europe and destroy teams. Really don't think the standard was that bad.

Have you seen 'Once in a Lifetime'? Doc Movie about NY Cosmos, and Pele joining them. Well worth checking out if not.

I haven't says they were a bad team and didn't win things I'm saying Pele and most his goals are from State League Games and Unoffical Games.

Pele was a fantastic player there is no taking that away from him. He's just a more debatable player than the rest because of his playing career.

I can't say that I have seen it and could possible be worth the watch at some point!
  • Hibee

I haven't says they were a bad team and didn't win things I'm saying Pele and most his goals are from State League Games and Unoffical Games.

Pele was a fantastic player there is no taking that away from him. He's just a more debatable player than the rest because of his playing career.

I can't say that I have seen it and could possible be worth the watch at some point!

It's def worth a watch. One of the best football docs Iv seen.
  • Mik
    541 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Our next pick is Kaka.
  • Lisbon67
    1533 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lothar Matthaus

@chaz
  • Hibee
    Lisbon67 wrote: »
    Lothar Matthaus

@chaz

Damn!
  • SC1967
    edited July 2017
    Lisbon67 wrote: »
    Lothar Matthaus

@chaz

Lothar Matthaus

Lothar-Matthaeus-anno-1990_teaser_620x420.jpg

1990 Ballon d'Or
    FIFA World Player of the Year 1991
    World Cup 1990 Winner
    Post edited by SC1967 on
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17214 posts World Class
    Do you need to use all 3 criterias?
  • SC1967
    Do you need to use all 3 criterias?

Nah. I said before you need to use 2 of them but not even bothered about that if it's tricky for some people.
  • chaz
    1905 posts Play-Off Hero
    Marco Van Basten.

7e0a39c1b66849ad0c3b9e194e48b1a1.png

@Claret_n_blue_blood @zl Gshock
  • SC1967
    edited July 2017
    chaz wrote: »

**** sake.

Lisbon literally just PM'd suggesting him.
  • xGeorgeSmithx

It's def worth a watch. One of the best football docs Iv seen.

Will give it a watch during the week mate!
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14205 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2017
    napoli-paolo-di-canio-171-merlin-calcio-94-itali.jpg
    PA-192216.jpg
    Paolo and sir bobby
    @chaz @jamle1874
  • chaz
    1905 posts Play-Off Hero
    One of my personal favourite players of all time...

7ee69ca019b934a70966f3ca18119f2f.png

Roberto Carlos.

@Lisbon67 @SC1967
  • SC1967
    edited July 2017
    Gerd "Der Bomber" Muller

Club Career - 707 matches and 653 goals
    International Career - 62 matches and 68 goals

8362186-13105934.jpg?v=1444281504

• SC1967
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    14205 posts Has That Special Something
    Teams looking **** hot already
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    @fergoosee

Paco Gento
    maxresdefault.jpg

Notable Honours:
    La Liga = 12
    European Cups = 6
    Euros = 1
  • SC1967
    @fergoosee

Paco Gento
    maxresdefault.jpg

Notable Honours:
    La Liga = 12
    European Cups = 6
    Euros = 1

Cracking pick. Had him in the last draft.

Most people have never heard of him (I hadn't until a few weeks back) yet he holds the record for CL and La Liga titles. Crazy.
  • fergoosee
    12273 posts Has That Special Something
    @fergoosee

Paco Gento
    maxresdefault.jpg

Notable Honours:
    La Liga = 12
    European Cups = 6
    Euros = 1

Cracking pick. Had him in the last draft.

Most people have never heard of him (I hadn't until a few weeks back) yet he holds the record for CL and La Liga titles. Crazy.

Hadnt heard of him until you picked him last draft
  • zl Gshock
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    Teams looking **** hot already
    We've got the West Ham boys in, Celtic legend next B)