SPFL/Scottish Lounge - Chemistry Draft

Comments

• MarioMonk
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    I am going to football now so wont be here for the cut off. Dan still isnt replying.

I will just go ahead and go for this man.

Ronaldo. R9. The original.
  • fergoosee
    12273 posts Has That Special Something
    MarioMonk wrote: »
    I am going to football now so wont be here for the cut off. Dan still isnt replying.

I will just go ahead and go for this man.

Ronaldo. R9. The original.

hes been taken @MarioMonk
  • SC1967
    10727 posts Has That Special Something
    @MarioMonk he's been taken, and you have two picks anyway.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2017
    Pele is the most debatable, around 500 plus of his goals are unofficial games. He also scored a lot of goals when the offside rule didn't apply!

He also played in State Leagues in Brazil which is hardly a proper league. He also won 3 World Cups but practically missed the whole of one. He was also never top goalscorer in any of the World Cups he took part in showing that at the top level his goals to games ratio would never have been as good as it was.

The Brazil teams he also played in were outstanding!

If only his move to Hannover actually happened and wasn't blocked from the Brazilian Government.
  • MarioMonk
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    SC1967 wrote: »
    @MarioMonk he's been taken, and you have two picks anyway.

Ow did not realise sorry
  • SC1967
    Pele is the most debatable, around 500 plus of his goals are unofficial games. He also scored a lot of goals when the offside rule didn't apply!

He also played in State Leagues in Brazil which is hardly a proper league. He also won 3 World Cups but practically missed the whole of one. He was also never top goalscorer in any of the World Cups he took part in showing that at the top level his goals to games ratio would never have been as good as it was.

The Brazil teams he also played in were outstanding!

If only his move to Hannover actually happened and wasn't blocked from the Brazilian Government.

Completely agree.

No doubting his knack for scoring, his record speaks for itself. But like you said, 95% of his goals were in the Brazilian leagues. The rest of his club goals were in the MLS, which is bad enough today never mind back then.

He's obviously still one of the best ever but I'd have Cristiano Ronaldo ahead of him every day of the week. Wouldn't even be up for debate.

And I know it isn't always all about stats...but Zidane, for an attacking midfielder, doesn't have great stats. He was a very inconsistent player. Not sure he'd be near my top 5.
  • SC1967
    Thought we were making progress there.
  • Selgarr
    913 posts Semi-Pro

Where?

• xGeorgeSmithx
    Cristiano Ronaldo is a player who has shown that hard work and dedication to the game can get you to the very top if you want it enough.

He will also show up on the biggest stages. His record in Champions League knockout games is fantastic and he continues to shine. His goalscoring record at Real Madrid is also amazing!

He is always been doubted but he keeps proving the doubters wrong.
  • SC1967
    Selgarr wrote: »

Where?

With the draft. MarioMonk posted and then disappeared.
  • SC1967
    @Hibee @AnDrEwThEdOn you guys are up in 20 minutes.
  • MarioMonk
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sorry had to go to footy. Back now. Is there a page to show whos been picked already or do i need to scroll through posts?
  • SC1967
    edited July 2017
    Sorry had to go to footy. Back now. Is there a page to show whos been picked already or do i need to scroll through posts?

1. Claret_n_blue_blood & zl Gshock (EPL, Barcelona, Italy) - Diego Maradona

2. chaz & jamle1874 (Serie A, Borussia Dortmund, England) - Paolo Maldini

3. Lisbon67 & SC1967 (Bundesliga, AC Milan, Spain) - Franz Beckenbauer

4. fergoosee & xGeorgeSmithx (La Liga, Manchester United, Netherlands) - Lionel Messi

5. Selgarr & TheGreenMachine (EPL, Real Madrid, France) - Zinedine Zidane, Cristiano Ronaldo

6. Dairee & Mik (Serie A, Liverpool, Germany) - Ronaldo

7. Hibee & AnDrEwThEdOn (Bundesliga, Juventus, Brazil) - Michel Platini, Zico

8. MarioMonk & DanSmith89 (La Liga, Bayern Munich, Argentina) - Ronaldinho, Alfredo Di Stefano
    Post edited by SC1967 on
  • Selgarr
    913 posts Semi-Pro
    We pick Cristiano Ronaldo:
    Tz2UI1g.jpg
  • MarioMonk
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Selgarr wrote: »
    We pick Cristiano Ronaldo:
    Tz2UI1g.jpg

**** was gonna be mines
  • SC1967
    :joy: Selgarr has snaked right in there.

Better hurry up @MarioMonk two picks.
  • Selgarr
    913 posts Semi-Pro

I was panicking, I couldn't get the photo working :lol:

• MarioMonk
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero

Do the positions need to be next to each other or can you pick any position at a time. Sorry for being a pain.
  • xGeorgeSmithx

Do the positions need to be next to each other or can you pick any position at a time. Sorry for being a pain.

You can pick any at any time unless you've already used someone in that position
  • SC1967

You can pick any at any time unless you've already used someone in that position

This.

But remember by the end, whatever UT formation your using, the players need to have 9 chemistry. So if you want to just use your league for the entire XI that's fine.
  • MarioMonk
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero

This.

But remember by the end, whatever UT formation your using, the players need to have 9 chemistry. So if you want to just use your league for the entire XI that's fine.

So in theory 2 germans from say bayern would get a perfect link and need no other links?
  • xGeorgeSmithx

This.

So in theory 2 germans from say bayern would get a perfect link and need no other links?

Depends exactly where they are playing but most the time yes that's the case!
  • MarioMonk
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ok my two picks are going to be Ronaldinho and Di Stefano.
  • SC1967

This.

Well if they have 3 or more dead links then they wouldn't get 9 chem.
  • SC1967

Good picks.
  • SC1967
  • MarioMonk
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero

Good picks.

Cheers bud
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    Can I post mines and @fergoosee pick?

I don't think anyone can take him now that @MarioMonk has went
  • Hibee
    11854 posts Has That Special Something
    We will take Zico.

@Dairee
  • SC1967
    Can I post mines and @fergoosee pick?

I don't think anyone can take him now that @MarioMonk has went

If you're sure he can't be taken, then go ahead.