FIFA 18 Boots

Comments

• Earlybird15
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    For the people who like to keep up to date on their boots, check out the football boots database
    http://www.footballbootsdb.com/
  • Designer
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    boot wise, ea did a good job this year, really have to say that

Agreed. They did a splendid job. They started listening from 17 when the new red/green Hypervenoms were added to the catalogue looking just right not UGG-looking. And one player is wearing the old all-yellow hypervenoms from 17, in the 18 demo, and it looks perfect! Sadly, I might not be buying 18, I feel like I should try other games for a change. But had to pop here and give EA credit where it's due. One issue still pending with regards to graphics, the EPL player names on kits still don't have outlines/strokes :/
  • AGM
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Designer wrote: »
    boot wise, ea did a good job this year, really have to say that

Agreed. They did a splendid job. They started listening from 17 when the new red/green Hypervenoms were added to the catalogue looking just right not UGG-looking. And one player is wearing the old all-yellow hypervenoms from 17, in the 18 demo, and it looks perfect! Sadly, I might not be buying 18, I feel like I should try other games for a change. But had to pop here and give EA credit where it's due. One issue still pending with regards to graphics, the EPL player names on kits still don't have outlines/strokes :/

https://flic.kr/p/YujBYx

Yeah they look amazing!
  • sofyanm
    1963 posts Play-Off Hero
    do you think boots will be updated during the season on FUT or it will always be the same boots as usual?
  • AGM
    sofyanm wrote: »
    do you think boots will be updated during the season on FUT or it will always be the same boots as usual?

Most likely the same
  • Mullered
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When they get the boots toni kroos wears I'll give them my approval.
  • Steph3998
    1487 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2017
    Looks like a lot of boots have been scanned this year :p
  • CaptainJack13
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Steph3998 wrote: »

Finally! The boots look so much better this year, a small detail but I'm still really happy about it. Now let's hope they add all the nike boot packs throughout the season, not every other one.
  • Boots look os good this year, if only they'd let you change your squad boot defaults on ultimate team
  • Steph3998
    1487 posts Play-Off Hero
    Look at these graphics :open_mouth:
    c44shis1k5mz.png
  • Adamshazly
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The boots looks amazing and i wish if we could get boots updates for fut its annoying to play with the same boots all year long
  • King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sounds stupid but I wish we could change the boots of a player on FUT.
  • JimCh07
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Has anyone seen sockless nikes appart from mercurials? i persojally havent spotted any sockless magistas or hypervenoms. have you?
  • JimCh07 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen sockless nikes appart from mercurials? i persojally havent spotted any sockless magistas or hypervenoms. have you?

intended to ask the same. maybe in full game?
  • Steph3998 wrote: »
    c44shis1k5mz.png

yes, amazing
  • MisterRux
    921 posts Professional
    Unlocked boots from the catalogue will be used in UT?
  • Adamshazly
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    MisterRux wrote: »
    Unlocked boots from the catalogue will be used in UT?

Nope
  • bloominheseltine
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park

Finally! The boots look so much better this year, a small detail but I'm still really happy about it. Now let's hope they add all the nike boot packs throughout the season, not every other one.

Might be wrong but think we'll get all Nike boots this year, and fewer adidas ones (unlike previous years) - reason being that Ronaldo is now the cover star, not Messi, and obviously he wears Nike and Messi adidas
  • holdenwait
    55339 posts National Treasure
    I so hate having a player stuck with one boot fort the whole year :( edit player should be introduced on fut
  • Designer
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    As much as the boots look good this year, still feels like PES 2018 like past entries nail the boots better than FIFA. PES 2018 this year looks great, they fixed the bulky oversized shorts and wide hips as indicated in the games features : "Additionally, player models have been completely changed, with special attention paid to kit fitting and short size." :D short size... they should have known to fix this long ago.

And PES has less generic faces.
    They always update players' facials and hair eg. Pogba has the yellow hair dye.
    Players' faces get constantly tweaked a bit, FIFA's David Silva still has the same face from 10 years ago!
    The animations have been improved, they look realistic this year and less arcadey.
    The Live Broadcast camera angle is just great.
    The boots just look better.

Considering all these pros, I'm tempted to switch to PES for the first time since 2004. FIFA just feels same old same old.
  • Steph3998
    1487 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2017
    More screenshots :
    nike-hypervenom-ea-sports-fifa-18-boots-13.jpg
    nike-hypervenom-ea-sports-fifa-18-boots-15.jpg
    nike-hypervenom-ea-sports-fifa-18-boots-16.jpg
  • D. Nice
    Boots look really good this year! I am especially happy that they pay more attention to the Nike boots. Hope they will add all the upcoming packs in the catalogue.

There are only two negative things I have spotted.
    1) Even though the Tiempo look awesome from close up, they look wrong and more like Magista when zoomed out, they appear completely yellow.
    2) Both Mercurial versions look awesome, but the "socks" on the Superfly look a little too thick as they don't really adhere well with the ankles. Additionally, the heel part of the Vapor looks too big. This is especially the case for skinnier players like sterling. @EA_Andy

I am not complaining at all. Just think the above-mentioned things can be fixed pretty fast. I mean look at the Hypervenom, it looks amazing (also the "socks").
  • AGM
    It would have been even better if they added both the Hypervenoms and magistas without the dynamic fit collar.
  • AGM
    D. Nice wrote: »
    Boots look really good this year! I am especially happy that they pay more attention to the Nike boots. Hope they will add all the upcoming packs in the catalogue.

There are only two negative things I have spotted.
    1) Even though the Tiempo look awesome from close up, they look wrong and more like Magista when zoomed out, they appear completely yellow.
    2) Both Mercurial versions look awesome, but the "socks" on the Superfly look a little too thick as they don't really adhere well with the ankles. Additionally, the heel part of the Vapor looks too big. This is especially the case for skinnier players like sterling. @EA_Andy

I am not complaining at all. Just think the above-mentioned things can be fixed pretty fast. I mean look at the Hypervenom, it looks amazing (also the "socks").

Very true
  • Mullered
    AGM wrote: »
    It would have been even better if they added both the Hypervenoms and magistas without the dynamic fit collar.

is it confirmed that they will not have "no collar' option?
  • CaptainJack13
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mullered wrote: »
    AGM wrote: »

is it confirmed that they will not have "no collar' option?

I doubt they will confirm it, just have to wait and see until tomorrow. It looks unlikely as we haven't seen the low cut versions in any of the gameplay so far. We can't complain too much though because on the whole it seems they've done a really good job with boots this year and it's a big improvement on last year. Let's hope now that they add more boots than they did for fifa 17 throughout the season.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2259 posts Fans' Favourite
    c44shis1k5mz.png

Shame the lighting is **** poor!!