Latency glitch XBL

IffyMoney
4027 posts National Call-Up
As many of you fellow brits are aware, apparently the latency ping showed on network settings actually pings to some server in the US....Which means pings of 100+ are expected/usual.

However, for the past month or so, mine has now gone down to like 20 ms. Has anyone else had the same?

Have microsoft introduced a new server in the UK which we now ping to?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    15086 posts Moderator
    Pretty sure they were wrong thinking it was in the USA and the U.K. Connects to Ireland. Least that's what most said on the forum.
  • IDARYL
    5639 posts Big Money Move
    mines at 30ms now was about 150...must be a new server. I thought you was a yank ?
  • Betrus
    1190 posts Professional
    Mine was 36 last night when it used to be 150+ before. Haven't noticed it in the gameplay yet though. And I'm from Finland anyway.
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    IDARYL wrote: »
    mines at 30ms now was about 150...must be a new server. I thought you was a yank ?

How dare you :o
  • IDARYL
    5639 posts Big Money Move
    IffyMoney wrote: »
    IDARYL wrote: »

How dare you :o

no offence, iv'e found anyone with a term to do with money in their name is usually american. They like to talk about having money alot :)
  • Betrus
    1190 posts Professional

Betrus wrote: »
    Mine was 36 last night when it used to be 150+ before.
    Checked it again as the gameplay is still awful after the latest maintenance. It's back to 174ms.