The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Big difference between 433 and 433(4)?

VICTAAAA
11197 posts Has That Special Something
Does 433 flat and 433(4) play dramatically different? 433(4) is my favorite formation this year and I really enjoy having a CAM but with 433 flat I can get in SBC Lahm and Messi with full chem.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks agreed of time.

Comments

• ethnick
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    same question for me to. would love to know. u could set CCM to get forward .... hmm
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Couldn't you use use them on 8 chem?

Not having a CAM in 433 flat is pretty noticeable when I used it
  • VICTAAAA
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »

ugh, i was afraid of that. i wouldn't call it OCD but i do like having everybody on 10 chem.
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    VICTAAAA wrote: »
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »

ugh, i was afraid of that. i wouldn't call it OCD but i do like having everybody on 10 chem.

Don't worry you'll live, its not worth losing the CAM just for 2/3 chem points
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    It sounds like you'll just have to go full helmet and change formation in game! :D:trollface:
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you're using 433(4) with Messi I very much recommend using someone you can swap with Messi IG at CAM. Messi in that role is unbelievably good.
  • VICTAAAA
    mjs4p wrote: »
    It sounds like you'll just have to go full helmet and change formation in game! :D:trollface:
    If you're using 433(4) with Messi I very much recommend using someone you can swap with Messi IG at CAM. Messi in that role is unbelievably good.

as @mjs4p said, i don't do any IG changes. I'm sure Messi would be sublime at CAM but that role is currently occupied by TOTS Isco
  • Austintatious

as @mjs4p said, i don't do any IG changes. I'm sure Messi would be sublime at CAM but that role is currently occupied by TOTS Isco

I usually do it at half time and its my one change. Find it helps with his Stamina in the second half. I'm not a Insta-pause change my life whole team kinda guy.

Fair enough though; tots Isco is amazing
  • VICTAAAA
    edited July 2017

I usually do it at half time and its my one change. Find it helps with his Stamina in the second half. I'm not a Insta-pause change my life whole team kinda guy.

any chance you've tried 433 flat? really want to know if missing that CAM role is a huge deal (i assume it will be) before i consider dropping coins for SBC Lahm.
  • PJazz
    2223 posts Fans' Favourite
    Normally I start with 4-3-3 or 4-3-3(2) and I change to 4-3-3(4). The 4th variation of 4-3-3 is a very attacking formation and perfect for high pressing. The normal 4-3-3 is a balanced formation and your wingers play a very important role. In my oppinion, missing the CAM is a huge deal.
  • Currieman
    4993 posts Big Money Move
    Don't do it, the CAM is vital for 433.
  • Austintatious

any chance you've tried 433 flat? really want to know if missing that CAM role is a huge deal (i assume it will be) before i consider dropping coins for SBC Lahm.

Yes. It's certainly a slower more considered formation in terms of build up. That middle cm needs to be able to control the midfieldz. Less likely to get countere. You'll probably focus more on one-two's between the winger and lcm/RCM's.

Both are decent: if you prefer a slower build up gor for 433 flat, if you play a slightly quicker/countering style go 433(4)
  • SH999
    752 posts Semi-Pro
    Just curious.. Which CMs are you using on either side of TOTS Isco?
  • VICTAAAA
    SH999 wrote: »
    Just curious.. Which CMs are you using on either side of TOTS Isco?

@SH999 Gullit at RCM and Vieira at LCM (Pat on the left because i have TOTY Marcelo on "always overlap")
  • RedArmyDoof
    1374 posts Professional
    Been a 433(4) user since it was introduced in the game.
    Did experiment with other variants (best of the other 5 for me was 433(3))
    Recently decided to try out again and started with 433.
    Boy oh boy.. The guys above are not lying.
    The idea of having 3 flat CMs seemed great in my head, not so great on the pitch. Even with 2 f the CMs set to push forward, i literally struggled creating many central chances, tho wingers did shine more, centrally it wasn't gelling
    If your style generally consists of letting wingers do all the creative arts, then it's good for that, but the CAM role in 433 is vital
    That's just my opinion