Instructions for this squad

trampo23
580 posts An Exciting Prospect
Hey, guys! I have never used 4231 wide so this is my first time using it. I heard that it's a very solid formation.

But I don't know what player instructions to assign to my players. So I need your help with that. Because I heard that specific players have different instructions while they share same positions.

Please help me!

Thanks, guys :)

kVsEmwFtS0mB4x4rxE0Qqg.jpeg

Comments

• trampo23
    bump :)
  • nicitel32
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    wingers stay forward cut inside get in behind..striker GIB....Cam free room...one CDM stay back...wingbacks stay back
  • trampo23
    Thanks bro!
  • EisenErmin
    5358 posts Big Money Move
    I go a completely different way than most others here:

cam = free roam
    CDM 1 = stay back
    CDM 2 = get foreward
    LB+RB = always overlapp

all others on default
  • trampo23
    EisenErmin wrote: »

cam = free roam
    CDM 1 = stay back
    CDM 2 = get foreward
    LB+RB = always overlapp

all others on default

Interesting. Aren't you vulnerable because of overlap?
  • EisenErmin
    5358 posts Big Money Move
    trampo23 wrote: »

cam = free roam
    CDM 1 = stay back
    CDM 2 = get foreward
    LB+RB = always overlapp

all others on default

Of course you might end up with both fullbacks beeing out of position, but most of the time the two CDMs give enough defensive cover to get back into position. My reasons for playing with overlapping fullbacks (in every !!!! formation) are:

1.) More players in attack = more fun and more troube for my opponent.

2.) The positives of the Fullbacks joining the attack > than the risk of the attacking fullbacks.

3.) As i like to cross a lot with my fullbacks i want them to be in positions where they can do it. Thats forces me to get them up the pitch. Striker Ronaldo and Cam Tots Hamsik are very deadly in terms of headers. If you use a small striker and a small cam, this argument is worthless of course.

All in all its down to personal preference, but just because all youtube videos tell you to stay back with 2/3 of your team does not mean its the only possible way of playing (and way more important of enjoying the game)

As a sidenote. The idea behing one CDM on "get foreward" instruction is the same as above: More power to my attack. Of course you need an good attacking CDM for that role. naingollan, vidal,... are perfect for that. Using that instruction on a pure defensive CDM like matic is useless, of course.

• Cornushon
    4520 posts National Call-Up
    I play this formation 2 month already, and I haven't noticed difference in instructions for fullbacks, cause they bump up always. And always in good position for crosses. Valencia tots is God
  • trampo23
    trampo23 wrote: »

cam = free roam
    CDM 1 = stay back
    CDM 2 = get foreward
    LB+RB = always overlapp

all others on default

Of course you might end up with both fullbacks beeing out of position, but most of the time the two CDMs give enough defensive cover to get back into position. My reasons for playing with overlapping fullbacks (in every !!!! formation) are:

1.) More players in attack = more fun and more troube for my opponent.

2.) The positives of the Fullbacks joining the attack > than the risk of the attacking fullbacks.

3.) As i like to cross a lot with my fullbacks i want them to be in positions where they can do it. Thats forces me to get them up the pitch. Striker Ronaldo and Cam Tots Hamsik are very deadly in terms of headers. If you use a small striker and a small cam, this argument is worthless of course.

All in all its down to personal preference, but just because all youtube videos tell you to stay back with 2/3 of your team does not mean its the only possible way of playing (and way more important of enjoying the game)

As a sidenote. The idea behing one CDM on "get foreward" instruction is the same as above: More power to my attack. Of course you need an good attacking CDM for that role. naingollan, vidal,... are perfect for that. Using that instruction on a pure defensive CDM like matic is useless, of course.

Nice. I have tried your instructions and I really like it! Btw I have put Xabi Alonso as the going forward one and kante to stay back.

And can you tell me what CT should I use with this?

Thanks bro!