Anyone used 4222 this year?

Hippyboy6
16467 posts World Class
It was my one of my favourite formations to use last year but I've hardly faced it at all this year. It used to be very solid with 2 CDMs & great going forward with the wide CAMs playing as inverted wingers. It's also superb for hybrids.

Is there something massively wrong with it this year as it's not popular?

Comments

• Nen
    4045 posts Moderator
    I have used it..

To hybrid and formation switch..
    I just didnt like the positioning of it, the CAMs seem to get rather lost and then the CDMs had a lot of space to cover.

I found 4-4-2 to be the "safer" version of it, but in reality i switched back to 4-1-2-1-2 after being countered one to many times.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Still remember my final team in 14 with it. :#

Toty ronaldo tots Suarez
    Motm adm tots Gerrard
    Tots Modric tots yaya
    Tots Luis Toty Ramos tots kompany tots Coleman
    Tots courtois
  • Hippyboy6
    16467 posts World Class
    Nen wrote: »
    I have used it..

To hybrid and formation switch..
    I just didnt like the positioning of it, the CAMs seem to get rather lost and then the CDMs had a lot of space to cover.

I found 4-4-2 to be the "safer" version of it, but in reality i switched back to 4-1-2-1-2 after being countered one to many times.

I tried 41212 last night (been playing 4231 but wanted to get 2 strikers back) it felt OK, obviously it was a bit weird after playing 1 formation for so long so I may stick with that.
  • Antparry92
    16365 posts World Class
    Can be usable, solid defensively and if you get good enough creative CAM's, then it's good going forward. Also get strikers with good movement and positioning, I.e Falcao etc
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've been meaning to try it for a while. Would like to give Messi a go at RCAM.

Does anyone have any CT's/PI's that they've found work with it at all?
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    Basically 442 isn't it? 442 is decent