EA Help

snoikdonk
1504 posts Play-Off Hero
@EA_Andy It's good to see someone from EA here on the forums even though only a tiny percentage of the FIFA community visit them. The vast majority have to go through EA's dire chat people who don't seem to have a clue about anything.

So... my question is this: When are EA going to provide knowledgeable people to man the Help Chat so most people get the help they need? How long will it take before EA implement some real customer service rather than the shambles they have now? I realise this may cost quite a considerable bit more than employing someone to post on these forums but it really does need to be sorted out. Thank you.

Comments

• Fab
    19737 posts Club Captain
    yes a loaded question like this is gonna attract a response no doubt
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fab wrote: »

In my experience everything I stated was true and am asking when/if things might be rectified. You can call that "loaded" if you like but there's no point ❤️❤️❤️❤️ footing about these issues as they should've been sorted years ago.
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up

Why would it not get a response? You say loaded question, I'd say valid question.
    After all, isn't it things like this the EA help team are here for?
  • AEsey
    6053 posts Big Money Move
    wade_7_ wrote: »

Why would it not get a response? You say loaded question, I'd say valid question.

I agree @wade_7_
  • thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect

Those 2 questions are not loaded by any means.
    First off, not everyone someone hires is going to be a superstar. Yes they need massive improvement but 2/3 of the chat people I have spoke with were very good and knowledgeable, while the 3rd was absolute garbage. So they just need to "trim down the fat" in that area.
    As far as the second question, they have 'real' customer service. It may not be as good as other game companies but it's real and not some bot responding to your concerns. Maybe replace real with good?
    You see, easy response to a "loaded" question :*
    Got a problem with something, offer a solution.
    Don't be one of the many sheep who just complain, be leader and suggest a solution.
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    YesEA wrote: »

I agree @wade_7_

• RadioShaq
    19654 posts Moderator
    Fluffy said chat is just automated now? His thread was kind of confusing though.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Fluffy said chat is just automated now? His thread was kind of confusing though.

You mean they just read from a script? Try to get EA to admit that :lol::lol::lol:
  • wade_7_
    Have you had any kinda reply yet @snoikdonk ?
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero

No. Tbh, I didn't expect one even though it was worth a try. With no insult to anyone here I think a total review/revision of their customer services, or even just the Help Chat, may be beyond the remit of what is expected from the EA guys here. That's basically my problem with it all... EA keeps slapping on an extra plaster while they really need to deal with the fact the game seems to have had its legs hacked off.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    EA doesn't help you. They only take your money.
  • LahmChops
    2207 posts Fans' Favourite
    snoikdonk wrote: »

You mean they just read from a script? Try to get EA to admit that :lol::lol::lol:

Scripting????? Enjoy your ban!
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

Many help lines at companies are scripted. It's how you avoid the help people saying stuff they shouldn't.
  • wade_7_
    edited July 2017

No. Tbh, I didn't expect one even though it was worth a try. With no insult to anyone here I think a total review/revision of their customer services, or even just the Help Chat, may be beyond the remit of what is expected from the EA guys here. That's basically my problem with it all... EA keeps slapping on an extra plaster while they really need to deal with the fact the game seems to have had its legs hacked off.

I know what you're saying. But it would have been nice to seen some kinda response from @EA_Andy, just to show they are approachable and are willing to interact, even if they don't have powers to do anything, just an acknowledgement would be nice. But if they can't answer questions of this type, what exactly are they, other than glorified mods?
  • thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm assuming y'all think this is the only thread complaining and wanting a response from them :D
    With as many issues as they have, I'm sure the threads in all of the other groups are also at an all-time high. Patience young grasshopper.
  • snoikdonk
    1504 posts Play-Off Hero
    hayhor1 wrote: »

Many help lines at companies are scripted. It's how you avoid the help people saying stuff they shouldn't.

* It's how you avoid the help people saying stuff that helps :tongue:

I know what you're saying. But it would have been nice to seen some kinda response from @EA_Andy, just to show they are approachable and are willing to interact, even if they don't have powers to do anything, just an acknowledgement would be nice. But if they can't answer questions of this type, what exactly are they, other than glorified mods?

While I hope EA can change their ways, looking at their past makes that seem unlikely. It's a shame because I love playing FUT when the game works as I guess it's suppose to but that seems to be only about 10-20% of the time for me. Having to go through the frustration of that other 80-90% just isn't worth the effort any more. FIFA has been just about the only game I've played for the last 5 years but it's time for me to look elsewhere.
  • wade_7_
    hayhor1 wrote: »

* It's how you avoid the help people saying stuff that helps :tongue:

While I hope EA can change their ways, looking at their past makes that seem unlikely. It's a shame because I love playing FUT when the game works as I guess it's suppose to but that seems to be only about 10-20% of the time for me. Having to go through the frustration of that other 80-90% just isn't worth the effort any more. FIFA has been just about the only game I've played for the last 5 years but it's time for me to look elsewhere.

Your preaching to the converted dude, I've always been a big gamer, playing all-sorts of games over the years, but FIFA always Being my favourite.
    Now due to growing up (family, work, general time constraints) FIFA is really the only game I play. We all know it has its problems, but at the same time it's such an addictive game.
    The real problem is, the amount of profits EA make, and the amount of money it can cost us to play the game, I think the gameplay should be flawless quite frankly, At their end atleast.