The English Football League Lounge 2022/23

Comments

• iHilarious
    13674 posts Has That Special Something
    NornIron wrote: »
    Can football league teams still sign Loan players after today?
    Just hoping a few N.I young players at Premier league teams go out on loan.

I don’t think so mate - unless they’re off to the National League I think they’re there now
  • Hicksy2011
    19083 posts World Class
    edited September 3
    Massive win today
    Obviously nothing is won yet but we learnt last year when we had a slow start that the top teams in this league are so relentless that catching them up once you get 10 points behind is almost impossible, very happy to be on the other side of it to start this year
  • iHilarious
    Cameron Brannagan is the best player in League One.
  • AaronMFC
    2775 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hopefully that is the boost we needed the season starts here.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3941 posts National Call-Up
    Well apparently it's nearly a year and 502 unread posts since I last looked on here (I avoided FIFA this year until it came on Game Pass).

Nothing has changed, Wednesday are still poo and Darren Moore doesn't know how to use what's probably the best squad in the league on paper. Play offs at best again for us I reckon, and we know how that ends. Moore is a nice bloke but he just doesn't have a clue. Yes we occasionally smash the cannon fodder of the league who have a fraction of our budget, but as soon as he comes up against a manager who's done their homework and stops us playing, or adjusts tactics during the game to negate us, the bloke just doesn't have a clue how to respond tactically. It took him half of last season to find a plan A, but if he needs a plan B then forget it.
  • AaronMFC
    Was heading to Blackpool away this weekend bet it gets rearranged to a Tuesday when I cant get time off work.
  • Nem
    9108 posts League Winner
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Was heading to Blackpool away this weekend bet it gets rearranged to a Tuesday when I cant get time off work.

Always a good weekend away at start of season.
  • AaronMFC
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Hopefully that is the boost we needed the season starts here.

I completely retract this statement.
  • AaronMFC
    Not sure how Sky came to the conclusion to move a game between Boro and Rotherham to a quarter to 8 kick off on a Saturday to entertain the nation. Relegation zone 10 games in when I expected at worst running the play offs close is a disaster.
  • Chris
    5724 posts Big Money Move
    Been a very decent start to the season for us, given where I thought we would be. A very young squad and a manager with a track record of getting the most out of youngsters.
  • Alastair
    10295 posts Moderator
    edited September 26
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Lost to Scarborough today...

Up those ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Puritans

Amazed how well they're doing

We'll see who's laughing on 27th August though...

When they make it 5 from 5 ;)

Would’ve popped along to it but Cheltenham away is calling my name

4 from 5 with a draw will do ;)

Banbury now facing heavy policing for everything because of our match.

Attacked our older fans putting one of them in hospital.

Apparently they even had the fire exits padlocked and stewards were unable to open them.

Pure **** club.
  • Alastair
    10295 posts Moderator
    Went to Alfreton a couple of weeks back. Would strongly advise all of you to never go there. Describing it as a desolate wasteland is a compliment. :joy:
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3941 posts National Call-Up
    Went to Alfreton a couple of weeks back. Would strongly advise all of you to never go there. Describing it as a desolate wasteland is a compliment. :joy:

Went there for a pre-season game a couple of months back. We had fans on all 4 sides of the ground so the atmosphere was OK, but no it's not the nicest place but I've been to worse. Speaking of worse places - we've got Port Vale away on Saturday...
  • Hicksy2011
    19083 posts World Class
    Away to Ipswich and if we avoid defeat we would be unbeaten through the first 10 including Ipswich (A), Sheff Wed (A), Plymouth (H) and Posh (H)
    So all in all feels like we are probably due a loss because it would be ridiculous to get through that unscathed
  • Alastair
    10295 posts Moderator
    Massively significant result for us today. Means we're only 9 victories away from being FA Cup Champions
  • AaronMFC
    Losing to bottom of the league who hadnt won a game isnt even slightly surprising. This is becoming more than a bad start serious pressure on Wilder its looking like he cant turn this around.
  • Hicksy2011
    19083 posts World Class
    Injury curse is hitting us again- somehow we have 6 CMs and 6 full backs and only 1 fit of each
  • WFCBagnall
    98104 posts Moderator
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Injury curse is hitting us again- somehow we have 6 CMs and 6 full backs and only 1 fit of each

Same with us, we've got 7 first teamers out with long term injuries and one has just come back from an injury he picked up in the first week of pre season where the club were fearing that he may have had to have his leg amputated 🙃
  • Nem
    9108 posts League Winner
    Where's @Lard_Lad at these days 😏
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    Our manager is conning the club and is getting away with it because he's an Irish league legend " Won everything at Linfield ".
    The football is the worst ever just hoof ball we have lost the last 5 matches without scoring a goal and he keeps saying we're playing well.
    We had about 400 supporters tonight would usually have around 1500.
    Hopefully we get beat on Saturday against the bottom team.
  • Nem
    9108 posts League Winner
    @Handy Andy where you at 😏
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
  • Nem
    9108 posts League Winner
    Always liked Smyth at the R's
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    58860 posts National Treasure
    Anyone know a site where i can see who got the assist for 5. league games (Wrexham)
  • WFCBagnall
    98104 posts Moderator
    Anyone know a site where i can see who got the assist for 5. league games (Wrexham)

There is a timeline on the Wrexham website of the game, doesn't say the assist for every goal though :(

Maybe try find highlights
  • Hicksy2011
    19083 posts World Class
    One of the most odd seasons in my life atm
    I’m sure it will change but I feel like we are outgunned for autos budget wise but the squad is good enough to compete imo
    As a consequence I’m very relaxed because I think we will get play offs minimum and I’m just here taking it week by week crisis free seeing what happens
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4396 posts National Call-Up
    Zian Flemming <3

Gary Rowett :#

Although credit to him, he has finally dropped the impotent five at the back and we do actually look significantly better going forward. If we can keep Mason Bennett fit (more chance of me pulling Margot Robbie), we could be in for a good season. That or buy/loan a winger in January.
  • They Caged Non
    6549 posts Big Money Move
    Not posted in a while, at least it’s been all quiet at the Boro in that time :#
  • Nem
    9108 posts League Winner
    Steve Bruce sacked

Gotta be the end of the road for him?
  • iHilarious

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/120815-assists-tally.html
    Someone on their forum has started a thread mate