The English Football League Lounge 2022/23

Comments

• AtomicOdin
    1210 posts Professional
    Its great not being able to moan about how crap we are. 3 wins on the bounce and 1 draw since McCall was sacked. Think Trueman and Sellers have thrown a spanner in the works with appointing a new manager with how they have transformed the team. Can see them getting the job till at least the end of the season now.
  • AaronMFC
    2782 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pulis sacked already just 45 days. I know his style is awful but thats a silly amount of time might as well have just waited til there was a manager available they wanted.
  • WFCBagnall
    98117 posts Moderator
    AtomicOdin wrote: »
    Its great not being able to moan about how crap we are. 3 wins on the bounce and 1 draw since McCall was sacked. Think Trueman and Sellers have thrown a spanner in the works with appointing a new manager with how they have transformed the team. Can see them getting the job till at least the end of the season now.

Put a few wins together in this league and you'll be close to the play offs :D

Whenever we start looking good, one of our best players gets injured and then we don't look the same :D

Three home games on the spin now and it'll be the difference to whether we end those games in the top 5 or 19th :joy:
  • Nem
    9125 posts League Winner
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Pulis sacked already just 45 days. I know his style is awful but thats a silly amount of time might as well have just waited til there was a manager available they wanted.

I think he'll call it a day now
  • They Caged Non
    6549 posts Big Money Move
    Basket case club
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3941 posts National Call-Up
    Chansiri is a complete mentalist. I wasn't a fan of Pulis (who is?!) but sacking him now achieves nothing, we'll just get another yes man in who doesn't know the slackers we call players and won't change anything in the JTW.

Pulis has clearly had words, and if there's one thing Chansiri won't tolerate it's being given sensible advice about how to run a football club.
  • AaronMFC
    Not being able to stream tonights away game as a season ticket holder because the EFL are classing it as a bank holiday is laughable.
  • NornIron
    16089 posts World Class
    https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-fc-boss-neil-warnock-19534876

“He thinks he’s a midfield player, but I’ve told him he's an average midfield player.

"He’s an excellent centre-half though!”
  • Retro1989
    7574 posts League Winner
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    3/15 points from Rotherham, Millwall, Preston, Wycombe and Luton. Absolutely pathetic. Fed up of seeing injuries being used as an excuse for these absolutely woeful performances.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    3/15 points from Rotherham, Millwall, Preston, Wycombe and Luton. Absolutely pathetic. Fed up of seeing injuries being used as an excuse for these absolutely woeful performances.

Wish we'd managed 3 points from our recent games against those teams, instead of a paltry 1.

Still shellshocked after scoring twice in a home game tonight, for the first time in 12.5 months..
  • They Caged Non
    Back to pathetic Boro this week, the bipolar team of the championship.
  • AaronMFC

Wycombe away next considering they're relegation fodder i reckon they have to be favourites how we lose to the worst teams in the league consistently year after year is impressive.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »

Wycombe away next considering they're relegation fodder i reckon they have to be favourites how we lose to the worst teams in the league consistently year after year is impressive.

Yeah it’s a given isn’t it..... to make it worse I couldn’t be bothered finding a stream or paying so watched Leeds on Amazon, my word they are good ffs
  • ComptonLAX94
    3152 posts National Call-Up
    The player who scored thr first goal for Scunthorpe i used to play with in high school. Mad to see how far he's come. Anyone watch Scunthorpe here often?
  • They Caged Non
    The player who scored thr first goal for Scunthorpe i used to play with in high school. Mad to see how far he's come. Anyone watch Scunthorpe here often?

I don’t think we have a resident Scunthorpe fan in the house, I did the away game when they were in the Championship and we first went down, that was many moons ago now though haha.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Well our game today is in the bin. So that’s fun.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4195 posts National Call-Up
    Could be worth keeping an eye on, this website seems to show the league tables as it is on a PPG basis: https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/league-table/ppm

Hopefully it doesn't come to this again but who knows at this point.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    Could be worth keeping an eye on, this website seems to show the league tables as it is on a PPG basis: https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/league-table/ppm

Hopefully it doesn't come to this again but who knows at this point.

I wonder how they'll handle point deductions. We officially have 16 points but have actually earned 22. So if they base it on 16 points from 22 games we'd be screwed, but if it's 22 points from 22 games and they average the 6 point deduction over the 46 game season as 0.13 PPG and deduct that from our current 1, we'd be on 0.87 PPG and 4th bottom ahead of Forest by 0.01 points.

• GoodnightIrene
    4195 posts National Call-Up
    No clue, you'd have to assume they'd uphold the punishment in some capacity as otherwise the punishment would have never of existed.
  • Nem
    9125 posts League Winner
    Sounds like a few postponements tomorrow due to covid outbreaks
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crying the game off for COVID when we have eleventy-billion injuries could be Holden’s finest tactical plan to date - not that it’s up against much competition mind.
  • They Caged Non
    Well done Wednesday knocking WRDC back down a few pegs.
  • WFCBagnall
    98117 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    @Hicksy2011 I think we're going to sign Lalkovic for a third time :D

He's just been released and he's just posted a picture of a Walsall shirt on Twitter.
  • Retro1989
    7574 posts League Winner
    Wayne Rooney's Derby County now in the relegation zone. Sky Sports doesn't like this.
  • iHilarious
    13674 posts Has That Special Something
    Ruffels 2 G + 1A from LB
    Long 3A from RB

I fear the goal conceded has cost either of them a TOTW though
  • Dizzy Bala
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    How the fudge have we won that lmao
  • iHilarious
    McGuane looking quality now @Dizzy Bala

If he lives up to that potential you will be making a pretty penny on him
  • They Caged Non
    Anyone else grinning like a Cheshire Cat that Rangers are 19 points clear in the SPL. All that noise about ten in a row etc, Gerrards ended it by new year :D
  • iHilarious
    Very happy that Celtic finally get done in