The English Football League Lounge 2022/23

Comments

• BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2020
    You don’t need to see my face but yeah I’ll show off to anyone right now ngl I’m bloody proud of myself :lol:

2-D0077-BB-81-BC-40-DC-AD01-CC4505-AB4094.jpg
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Very good result and in spells a great performance last night against a good Watford side. When you consider we have about 8 first team players unavailable it’s been a hell of a shift.

If Semenyo keeps playing like this and the goals that his play deserves come along then we won’t get to enjoy him for long. Finally seeing what Chelsea saw in him a couple of years ago when they were very heavily linked with a move for him (they’d have only loaned him out to us for 7 years then allowed us to buy him anyway).

Missed all the mental health and work chat, hope no one is struggling too much. I’m lucky in that I’m fairly introverted anyway so the social shift wasn’t huge for me. Small family and smaller circle of friends so it’s not been a massive shock to my system. And luckily my wife and I quite enjoy each other’s company :lol:

I’ve been in the very fortunate position to be able to carry on doing my job from home and it never escapes me for a moment how many people have suffered severe hardship and lost jobs and livelihoods.

I’ve kept my mental health in check through health and fitness, I built a garage gym just before lockdown and quit the one I never went to...haven’t been able to keep me out of there. Lost 30lbs and got ripped so now looking forward to getting into the new year and building up some muscle now I’m properly lean for the first time in my adult life.

Where the work/life balance is so much better lockdown has also made me rediscover my love of cooking which has been a real pleasure and gone from something that was an everyday chore to something to enjoy and take care and time doing which goes nicely in hand with a big shift in overall lifestyle and diet.

Football wise, I can’t lie, I think my interest is at an all time low. I’m really pleased we’re doing well but I hardly watch any football on TV anymore, even big games. I was briefly interested in FIFA but haven’t turned that on in weeks. I mean let’s be honest, it’s all a bit ❤️❤️❤️❤️ isn’t it?

Mincing round the pool in Speedo’s pics on Insta next year then yeah :D

The pool and overseas holidays seem like a distant memory :frowning:
  • They Caged Non
    6548 posts Big Money Move
    Very good result and in spells a great performance last night against a good Watford side. When you consider we have about 8 first team players unavailable it’s been a hell of a shift.

If Semenyo keeps playing like this and the goals that his play deserves come along then we won’t get to enjoy him for long. Finally seeing what Chelsea saw in him a couple of years ago when they were very heavily linked with a move for him (they’d have only loaned him out to us for 7 years then allowed us to buy him anyway).

Missed all the mental health and work chat, hope no one is struggling too much. I’m lucky in that I’m fairly introverted anyway so the social shift wasn’t huge for me. Small family and smaller circle of friends so it’s not been a massive shock to my system. And luckily my wife and I quite enjoy each other’s company :lol:

I’ve been in the very fortunate position to be able to carry on doing my job from home and it never escapes me for a moment how many people have suffered severe hardship and lost jobs and livelihoods.

I’ve kept my mental health in check through health and fitness, I built a garage gym just before lockdown and quit the one I never went to...haven’t been able to keep me out of there. Lost 30lbs and got ripped so now looking forward to getting into the new year and building up some muscle now I’m properly lean for the first time in my adult life.

Where the work/life balance is so much better lockdown has also made me rediscover my love of cooking which has been a real pleasure and gone from something that was an everyday chore to something to enjoy and take care and time doing which goes nicely in hand with a big shift in overall lifestyle and diet.

Football wise, I can’t lie, I think my interest is at an all time low. I’m really pleased we’re doing well but I hardly watch any football on TV anymore, even big games. I was briefly interested in FIFA but haven’t turned that on in weeks. I mean let’s be honest, it’s all a bit ❤️❤️❤️❤️ isn’t it?

Don’t they just mate... soon though, and I’m glad I never bowed to pressure and bought Fifa lol.
  • They Caged Non
    You don’t need to see my face but yeah I’ll show off to anyone right now ngl I’m bloody proud of myself :lol:

Dammmmmn son, you cut your f—king thumb on that 6 pack :D
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero

Don’t they just mate... soon though, and I’m glad I never bowed to pressure and bought Fifa lol.

Yeah you didn’t miss much lol

Slicing beans the other night, actually got really lucky...another centimetre and I’d have taken the whole top of my thumb off
  • They Caged Non

Slicing beans the other night, actually got really lucky...another centimetre and I’d have taken the whole top of my thumb off

Hahaha yeah let me guess, the same game but £60 less in the bank.

I’m brutal for knife accidents like, done an A&E trip with one after slipping using a steel, grim.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reading/Bristol C on a Saturday lunchtime.

You’re welcome lads.
  • They Caged Non

You’re welcome lads.

Inb4 0-0
  • Handy Andy
    6365 posts Big Money Move

You’re welcome lads.

It’s all gone wrong since we have been on tv constantly
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Called it. Absolutely thrilling.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4371 posts National Call-Up

I cut the top of my friends thumb off, slammed my front door on it whilst his thumb was in the door hinge. MIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

This was about 12 years ago, still see him from time to time with his stumpy thumb and feel a bit guilty every time.
  • Handy Andy
    Called it. Absolutely thrilling.

Happy with that half tbh, this and the Millwall game we seem to have gone back to what we were doing on our good run, defence first, stay in games and try to nick a result
  • Handy Andy
    Joao is just so good when we can get the ball near him, one of the best in the champ this season
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero

I cut the top of my friends thumb off, slammed my front door on it whilst his thumb was in the door hinge. MIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

This was about 12 years ago, still see him from time to time with his stumpy thumb and feel a bit guilty every time.

Yeesh. My mate shut my finger in a heavy wooden door jamb when I was a kid and it still makes me shiver now, worst pain I’ve ever experienced!
  • Handy Andy
    oh my word, how is that not a red, both feet off the ground :D
  • Handy Andy
    if we do not win this ffs
  • Handy Andy
    cheers ref and lino, appreciate it
  • Handy Andy
    Olise is miles ahead of where Bellingham was with Birmingham, just a fact
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Jiri Skalak starting at RWB and Bodvarsson starting at LW. Injuries are absolutely ruining us and I really don't know why I've just spent a tenner to watch us get murdered by Birmingham.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well we got exactly what we deserved there. Just never turned up.
  • Handy Andy
    Well we got exactly what we deserved there. Just never turned up.

as you can probably tell I would have been fuming if we had not won that :D
  • ryan217
    2965 posts Fans' Favourite
    Who are these imposters playing in City kits?
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Spent £50 in the last couple of weeks to watch us score 2 goals and draw 5 consecutive games. Blinding stuff.

Rowett is beginning to irritate me. Sets up so negatively every week and makes changes far too late. I expect the 2,000 fans at the Derby game will get on his back sharpish if it continues.
  • AtomicOdin
    1210 posts Professional
    Wow that was even worse than our last game, dont think its possible for us to be any worse but im sure they will surprise me on tuesday and put in an even worse performance. Most of these players and not fit to even turn out for sunday league.

And to make things worse we have given McCall a 1 year extension on his contract, starting to get the feeling our owner wants us in non league.
  • AaronMFC
    2729 posts Fans' Favourite
    We score 2 but lose cant say i saw that coming really frustrating for us. Sounds like we were poor today though so fair enough.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    We score 2 but lose cant say i saw that coming really frustrating for us. Sounds like we were poor today though so fair enough.

I watched it mate, very poor.. Britt is shocking, such a greedy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ with the ball, could have given Djed an easy 2-0 but decided to try a stupid shot that blazed off the defenders legs, he is a crank.
  • AaronMFC
    2729 posts Fans' Favourite

I watched it mate, very poor.. Britt is shocking, such a greedy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ with the ball, could have given Djed an easy 2-0 but decided to try a stupid shot that blazed off the defenders legs, he is a crank.

For 15 million he really hasnt delivered ill be a lot more confident in our forward line when fletchers back hes not exactly clinical but much better in link up play.
  • They Caged Non

For 15 million he really hasnt delivered ill be a lot more confident in our forward line when fletchers back hes not exactly clinical but much better in link up play.

Yeah the one incident (that he seems to do at least twice every game) where he ran the left channel, cut inside then decided to go for a stupid shot is exactly the type of scenario where Fletch would just square it. He annoys the life out of me and I wouldn’t be bothered if we sold him tomorrow, injuries or not, I’d rather have Howson playing there than him.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4195 posts National Call-Up
    Into the hat for the third round with a comprehensive 6-0 win, wasn't expecting us to score that many based on how we've played this season.

Would be just typical to draw Bristol City, or perhaps one of the big Prem teams with no fans allowed in the stadiums!
  • They Caged Non
    How ive been keeping sane during this ridiculous year, ive got back on it at home with the mixing... much more satisfying than Fifa... nowt better than losing yourself on the decks for a few hours on a Friday night after a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ week at work.

BLOVncG.jpg