The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

  • iHilarious
    13636 posts Has That Special Something
    strings79 wrote: »
    @iHilarious Mark Sykes any good we are being strongly linked is he championship standard ?

    Been a different player this season, finally putting some end product into his game. I am not sure he is Championship standard just yet. He’s played mainly out on the wing this season but he’s more of a CM really. No doubt he will get a move to the Championship with his contract up in the summer. I would like him to stay with us but looking ever the more unlikely as time goes on. Would take £££ for him now if I was Robinson rather than letting him go on a free.
  • UK_Cam
    1335 posts Professional
    https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-derby-county


    A statement from Middlesbrough about the Derby situation, putting to bed some of the myths that are flying around about this case.

    Im not going to lie and say im happy that our Chairman has got himself involved in this because im not, I don't think it paints us in a great light. I will say however that there is only one part to blame in this, and its Derby.

    I find it ridiculous how their fans have changed their tunes from posting Meme's of Morris holding puppet strings and essentially celebrating the fact he was cheating the system, to begging our owner to drop his court case after the whole thing unravelled. Remembering back to when the whole Rooney/Stadium/FFP debacle came out, to a man, every single Derby fan was over the moon about it, I never saw a single person ever say 'hang on, this isn't right what is happening here', or even having the slightest reservations about the behaviour of their crook owner.

    I don't wish anything bad on the club, or the supporters, but this is a massive reminder to us all about being careful what we celebrate and the masts we pin our colours to.

    If you saw no Derby fans concerned over the stadium sale, FFP worries or Rooney's arrival then you certainly didn't look very far. Mel Morris was one of the owners in support of FFP being brought into English football so in the earlier years when he told us we were FFP compliant, we obviously had no reason then to doubt him. Once the stadium was sold there were many complaints and a lot of anger from fans so he stopped doing the fan forums he regularly held and essentially cut off communication to us. The only times we heard from him then were the odd radio interview here and there which he could pre-prepare topics to discuss and wouldn't take fan questions.

    As for the memes .... if you believe some teenagers looking for a reaction from opposition fans on social media is representative of all the fans who turn up at Pride Park each week to support the club then that's just a little bit silly, isn't it?

    Our club is currently being used as a weapon in some stupid argument between Gibson, Morris and the EFL (and Wycombe). Every day there's a new statement from either the EFL, Boro or our administrators and near enough every single one contains lies and contradictions and it's getting very tiresome.
  • AaronMFC
    2603 posts Fans' Favourite
    Whats happening for your fans is absolutely awful no doubt about that. I cant know for certain as twitter brings out a vocal minority of fans who are particularly irritating, how your fanbase as a whole really felt during what always looked like dodgy deal being made under Morris I dont really know. Even now the vocal Derby fans are blaming Middlesbrough and Gibson for the mess they are in more than Mel Morris which is just absurd. I dont like that were involved with what could cause a football club to liquidate but the sad reality is a lot of successful business men are successful because of just how ruthless they are. I hope there is a fix to this soon which can allow derby to start fixing their issues. Also have to say full credit to your team the fight they have shown this season has been remarkable.
  • They Caged Non
    6541 posts Big Money Move
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-derby-county


    A statement from Middlesbrough about the Derby situation, putting to bed some of the myths that are flying around about this case.

    Im not going to lie and say im happy that our Chairman has got himself involved in this because im not, I don't think it paints us in a great light. I will say however that there is only one part to blame in this, and its Derby.

    I find it ridiculous how their fans have changed their tunes from posting Meme's of Morris holding puppet strings and essentially celebrating the fact he was cheating the system, to begging our owner to drop his court case after the whole thing unravelled. Remembering back to when the whole Rooney/Stadium/FFP debacle came out, to a man, every single Derby fan was over the moon about it, I never saw a single person ever say 'hang on, this isn't right what is happening here', or even having the slightest reservations about the behaviour of their crook owner.

    I don't wish anything bad on the club, or the supporters, but this is a massive reminder to us all about being careful what we celebrate and the masts we pin our colours to.

    If you saw no Derby fans concerned over the stadium sale, FFP worries or Rooney's arrival then you certainly didn't look very far. Mel Morris was one of the owners in support of FFP being brought into English football so in the earlier years when he told us we were FFP compliant, we obviously had no reason then to doubt him. Once the stadium was sold there were many complaints and a lot of anger from fans so he stopped doing the fan forums he regularly held and essentially cut off communication to us. The only times we heard from him then were the odd radio interview here and there which he could pre-prepare topics to discuss and wouldn't take fan questions.

    As for the memes .... if you believe some teenagers looking for a reaction from opposition fans on social media is representative of all the fans who turn up at Pride Park each week to support the club then that's just a little bit silly, isn't it?

    Our club is currently being used as a weapon in some stupid argument between Gibson, Morris and the EFL (and Wycombe). Every day there's a new statement from either the EFL, Boro or our administrators and near enough every single one contains lies and contradictions and it's getting very tiresome.

    I don’t doubt what you say Cam, but from our point of view all we have are newspaper article comments, forums, YouTube comments, social media etc and literally every single person I came across had a bad attitude towards the things that are going on. I’m not Naive enough to assume they are a voice for all Derby fans, but it would have been good if even a few had shown some kind of disagreement with it. The general feeling amongst a lot of fans from other clubs is that you are just reaping what you have sewn.

    As I said I don’t wish any of this on the supporters of Derby, my local team Darlington ceased to exist so I know how bad it impacts the town and fans.

    Whilst I think the overall thing has gotten way out of hand and the thought that we could in anyway have benefitted from being in the playoffs is laughable, the reasoning behind Gibsons case is far from stupid.

  • UK_Cam
    1335 posts Professional
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-derby-county


    A statement from Middlesbrough about the Derby situation, putting to bed some of the myths that are flying around about this case.

    Im not going to lie and say im happy that our Chairman has got himself involved in this because im not, I don't think it paints us in a great light. I will say however that there is only one part to blame in this, and its Derby.

    I find it ridiculous how their fans have changed their tunes from posting Meme's of Morris holding puppet strings and essentially celebrating the fact he was cheating the system, to begging our owner to drop his court case after the whole thing unravelled. Remembering back to when the whole Rooney/Stadium/FFP debacle came out, to a man, every single Derby fan was over the moon about it, I never saw a single person ever say 'hang on, this isn't right what is happening here', or even having the slightest reservations about the behaviour of their crook owner.

    I don't wish anything bad on the club, or the supporters, but this is a massive reminder to us all about being careful what we celebrate and the masts we pin our colours to.

    If you saw no Derby fans concerned over the stadium sale, FFP worries or Rooney's arrival then you certainly didn't look very far. Mel Morris was one of the owners in support of FFP being brought into English football so in the earlier years when he told us we were FFP compliant, we obviously had no reason then to doubt him. Once the stadium was sold there were many complaints and a lot of anger from fans so he stopped doing the fan forums he regularly held and essentially cut off communication to us. The only times we heard from him then were the odd radio interview here and there which he could pre-prepare topics to discuss and wouldn't take fan questions.

    As for the memes .... if you believe some teenagers looking for a reaction from opposition fans on social media is representative of all the fans who turn up at Pride Park each week to support the club then that's just a little bit silly, isn't it?

    Our club is currently being used as a weapon in some stupid argument between Gibson, Morris and the EFL (and Wycombe). Every day there's a new statement from either the EFL, Boro or our administrators and near enough every single one contains lies and contradictions and it's getting very tiresome.

    I don’t doubt what you say Cam, but from our point of view all we have are newspaper article comments, forums, YouTube comments, social media etc and literally every single person I came across had a bad attitude towards the things that are going on. I’m not Naive enough to assume they are a voice for all Derby fans, but it would have been good if even a few had shown some kind of disagreement with it. The general feeling amongst a lot of fans from other clubs is that you are just reaping what you have sewn.

    As I said I don’t wish any of this on the supporters of Derby, my local team Darlington ceased to exist so I know how bad it impacts the town and fans.

    Whilst I think the overall thing has gotten way out of hand and the thought that we could in anyway have benefitted from being in the playoffs is laughable, the reasoning behind Gibsons case is far from stupid.

    The reasoning behind Gibson's case wouldn't be so stupid if he were also challenging Villa for the season they beat you in the play offs and the season Bournemouth beat you to the automatic spots. The difference was that this is a bitter dispute between Mel Morris and Steve Gibson and he didn't have an issue with the Villa or Bournemouth owners. Now we're in the situation were Mel has ran away from the legal fight and Steve has decided rather than ending it, he is willing to help push Derby to the brink of extinction because he either gets a settlement from us knowing we can't afford an expensive and lengthy legal battle, or we are liquidated and the debt from MSD is transferred over to Mel and he must pay up the huge sums. So for Gibson he either receives money or sees Mel Morris have to fork out the debt currently owed to MSD from the club. Steve gets the last laugh and Derby County are just an unfortunate casualty in the dispute. And of course we can all agree Mel should be the person paying the MSD debt anyway as he's the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ who racked it up, but that would mean Derby have been liquidated.

    If it somehow does end up in a legal battle or the EFL pull their finger out and actually make a decision and it favours Boro, we could be in for a fun few years with that precedent as clubs across the EFL start suing each other for missing out on promotion/play offs/survival at the expense of clubs who broke FFP rules. We'd be able to go and try and get some pennies off of QPR and Villa :joy:
  • They Caged Non
    6541 posts Big Money Move
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-derby-county


    A statement from Middlesbrough about the Derby situation, putting to bed some of the myths that are flying around about this case.

    Im not going to lie and say im happy that our Chairman has got himself involved in this because im not, I don't think it paints us in a great light. I will say however that there is only one part to blame in this, and its Derby.

    I find it ridiculous how their fans have changed their tunes from posting Meme's of Morris holding puppet strings and essentially celebrating the fact he was cheating the system, to begging our owner to drop his court case after the whole thing unravelled. Remembering back to when the whole Rooney/Stadium/FFP debacle came out, to a man, every single Derby fan was over the moon about it, I never saw a single person ever say 'hang on, this isn't right what is happening here', or even having the slightest reservations about the behaviour of their crook owner.

    I don't wish anything bad on the club, or the supporters, but this is a massive reminder to us all about being careful what we celebrate and the masts we pin our colours to.

    If you saw no Derby fans concerned over the stadium sale, FFP worries or Rooney's arrival then you certainly didn't look very far. Mel Morris was one of the owners in support of FFP being brought into English football so in the earlier years when he told us we were FFP compliant, we obviously had no reason then to doubt him. Once the stadium was sold there were many complaints and a lot of anger from fans so he stopped doing the fan forums he regularly held and essentially cut off communication to us. The only times we heard from him then were the odd radio interview here and there which he could pre-prepare topics to discuss and wouldn't take fan questions.

    As for the memes .... if you believe some teenagers looking for a reaction from opposition fans on social media is representative of all the fans who turn up at Pride Park each week to support the club then that's just a little bit silly, isn't it?

    Our club is currently being used as a weapon in some stupid argument between Gibson, Morris and the EFL (and Wycombe). Every day there's a new statement from either the EFL, Boro or our administrators and near enough every single one contains lies and contradictions and it's getting very tiresome.

    I don’t doubt what you say Cam, but from our point of view all we have are newspaper article comments, forums, YouTube comments, social media etc and literally every single person I came across had a bad attitude towards the things that are going on. I’m not Naive enough to assume they are a voice for all Derby fans, but it would have been good if even a few had shown some kind of disagreement with it. The general feeling amongst a lot of fans from other clubs is that you are just reaping what you have sewn.

    As I said I don’t wish any of this on the supporters of Derby, my local team Darlington ceased to exist so I know how bad it impacts the town and fans.

    Whilst I think the overall thing has gotten way out of hand and the thought that we could in anyway have benefitted from being in the playoffs is laughable, the reasoning behind Gibsons case is far from stupid.

    The reasoning behind Gibson's case wouldn't be so stupid if he were also challenging Villa for the season they beat you in the play offs and the season Bournemouth beat you to the automatic spots. The difference was that this is a bitter dispute between Mel Morris and Steve Gibson and he didn't have an issue with the Villa or Bournemouth owners. Now we're in the situation were Mel has ran away from the legal fight and Steve has decided rather than ending it, he is willing to help push Derby to the brink of extinction because he either gets a settlement from us knowing we can't afford an expensive and lengthy legal battle, or we are liquidated and the debt from MSD is transferred over to Mel and he must pay up the huge sums. So for Gibson he either receives money or sees Mel Morris have to fork out the debt currently owed to MSD from the club. Steve gets the last laugh and Derby County are just an unfortunate casualty in the dispute. And of course we can all agree Mel should be the person paying the MSD debt anyway as he's the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ who racked it up, but that would mean Derby have been liquidated.

    If it somehow does end up in a legal battle or the EFL pull their finger out and actually make a decision and it favours Boro, we could be in for a fun few years with that precedent as clubs across the EFL start suing each other for missing out on promotion/play offs/survival at the expense of clubs who broke FFP rules. We'd be able to go and try and get some pennies off of QPR and Villa :joy:

    Can’t disagree with the comments about Villa, even Leicester too… all of them fiddling it somehow.

    In my mind Gibson won’t let Derby go under with him being the reason, he is a proper football man and I truly believe he wouldn’t let that happen over a petty dispute with a crook.

    He has written an open letter on our website that might be worth a read, basically asking the administrators some awkward questions and also implying that the 2 legal cases are being used as an excuse to cover up their agenda, anyway I’ll let you have a read and see what you think. It certainly looks to me like they don’t have the clubs best interests at heart, and the Boro/Wycombe thing is a perfect deflection tactic.

  • UK_Cam
    1335 posts Professional
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-derby-county


    A statement from Middlesbrough about the Derby situation, putting to bed some of the myths that are flying around about this case.

    Im not going to lie and say im happy that our Chairman has got himself involved in this because im not, I don't think it paints us in a great light. I will say however that there is only one part to blame in this, and its Derby.

    I find it ridiculous how their fans have changed their tunes from posting Meme's of Morris holding puppet strings and essentially celebrating the fact he was cheating the system, to begging our owner to drop his court case after the whole thing unravelled. Remembering back to when the whole Rooney/Stadium/FFP debacle came out, to a man, every single Derby fan was over the moon about it, I never saw a single person ever say 'hang on, this isn't right what is happening here', or even having the slightest reservations about the behaviour of their crook owner.

    I don't wish anything bad on the club, or the supporters, but this is a massive reminder to us all about being careful what we celebrate and the masts we pin our colours to.

    If you saw no Derby fans concerned over the stadium sale, FFP worries or Rooney's arrival then you certainly didn't look very far. Mel Morris was one of the owners in support of FFP being brought into English football so in the earlier years when he told us we were FFP compliant, we obviously had no reason then to doubt him. Once the stadium was sold there were many complaints and a lot of anger from fans so he stopped doing the fan forums he regularly held and essentially cut off communication to us. The only times we heard from him then were the odd radio interview here and there which he could pre-prepare topics to discuss and wouldn't take fan questions.

    As for the memes .... if you believe some teenagers looking for a reaction from opposition fans on social media is representative of all the fans who turn up at Pride Park each week to support the club then that's just a little bit silly, isn't it?

    Our club is currently being used as a weapon in some stupid argument between Gibson, Morris and the EFL (and Wycombe). Every day there's a new statement from either the EFL, Boro or our administrators and near enough every single one contains lies and contradictions and it's getting very tiresome.

    I don’t doubt what you say Cam, but from our point of view all we have are newspaper article comments, forums, YouTube comments, social media etc and literally every single person I came across had a bad attitude towards the things that are going on. I’m not Naive enough to assume they are a voice for all Derby fans, but it would have been good if even a few had shown some kind of disagreement with it. The general feeling amongst a lot of fans from other clubs is that you are just reaping what you have sewn.

    As I said I don’t wish any of this on the supporters of Derby, my local team Darlington ceased to exist so I know how bad it impacts the town and fans.

    Whilst I think the overall thing has gotten way out of hand and the thought that we could in anyway have benefitted from being in the playoffs is laughable, the reasoning behind Gibsons case is far from stupid.

    The reasoning behind Gibson's case wouldn't be so stupid if he were also challenging Villa for the season they beat you in the play offs and the season Bournemouth beat you to the automatic spots. The difference was that this is a bitter dispute between Mel Morris and Steve Gibson and he didn't have an issue with the Villa or Bournemouth owners. Now we're in the situation were Mel has ran away from the legal fight and Steve has decided rather than ending it, he is willing to help push Derby to the brink of extinction because he either gets a settlement from us knowing we can't afford an expensive and lengthy legal battle, or we are liquidated and the debt from MSD is transferred over to Mel and he must pay up the huge sums. So for Gibson he either receives money or sees Mel Morris have to fork out the debt currently owed to MSD from the club. Steve gets the last laugh and Derby County are just an unfortunate casualty in the dispute. And of course we can all agree Mel should be the person paying the MSD debt anyway as he's the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ who racked it up, but that would mean Derby have been liquidated.

    If it somehow does end up in a legal battle or the EFL pull their finger out and actually make a decision and it favours Boro, we could be in for a fun few years with that precedent as clubs across the EFL start suing each other for missing out on promotion/play offs/survival at the expense of clubs who broke FFP rules. We'd be able to go and try and get some pennies off of QPR and Villa :joy:

    Can’t disagree with the comments about Villa, even Leicester too… all of them fiddling it somehow.

    In my mind Gibson won’t let Derby go under with him being the reason, he is a proper football man and I truly believe he wouldn’t let that happen over a petty dispute with a crook.

    He has written an open letter on our website that might be worth a read, basically asking the administrators some awkward questions and also implying that the 2 legal cases are being used as an excuse to cover up their agenda, anyway I’ll let you have a read and see what you think. It certainly looks to me like they don’t have the clubs best interests at heart, and the Boro/Wycombe thing is a perfect deflection tactic.

    I've read it mate and for Derby fans it's more of the same, just a lot of finger pointing and he said she said stuff. Our administrators have done it, Mel Morris has done it, the EFL have done it, the Wycombe chairman has done it and Gibson has done it. I can probably do my best to answer some of those questions to be honest ....

    1. This is the part that sums up what our worry is, that it's not really about the claim and more about Gibson vs Morris. If we're liquidated Morris must pay the huge debt to MSD and although Gibson receives no money, he still gets to see Mel suffer.
    2. He has a very fair point here. The administrators should be communicating with Gibson much more, especially if him and the Wycombe chairman are the main holdups. The only defence for them is that by the sounds of things they'd hoped the EFL would intervene and confirm they are not football creditors as there's no actual amount owed, but the EFL have done very little to sort the dispute.
    3. Rooney sounded so confident we'd have a preferred bidder announced 'tomorrow' after a recent game as the administrators had a meeting with the EFL were they planned to inform them who that would be. The EFL wouldn't agree to exclude Boro and Wycombe's claims so we couldn't announce a preferred bidder as none will take us on with those claims still up in the air. To announce a preferred bidder all the other debts will have been agreed to on how much shall be paid back so that would suggest an agreement has been made with HMRC.
    4. "Pay us what we want or you're ❤️❤️❤️❤️."
    5. The administrators confirmed today they have yet to take a penny from Derby and have funded their work themselves. They plan to sort out administrator fees upon takeover completion.


    The hilarious thing about all this is the EFL could have prevented it all if they weren't so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ useless. They could have intervened when Mel first changed his amortisation policy instead of signing off on it, they could have took responsibility for their ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up rather than agree to go after us if Boro dropped their claims against them, they could have accepted the independent panel's rulings against us rather than appeal it twice, they could have set deadlines within the season for Mel to provide the re-done accounts so it could be sorted there and then rather than after the season has finished, they could have not done some dumb double fixture list in case they found a way to relegate us post season which in turn encouraged Wycombe to start a claim against us, and now they could have made a decision either way as to whether Boro and Wycombe's claims actually make them football creditors which would make sorting our a takeover easier as the 3 bidders would know where we stand.
  • iHilarious
    13636 posts Has That Special Something
    Who’s buying the jelly & ice cream?
  • They Caged Non
    6541 posts Big Money Move
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/club-statement-derby-county


    A statement from Middlesbrough about the Derby situation, putting to bed some of the myths that are flying around about this case.

    Im not going to lie and say im happy that our Chairman has got himself involved in this because im not, I don't think it paints us in a great light. I will say however that there is only one part to blame in this, and its Derby.

    I find it ridiculous how their fans have changed their tunes from posting Meme's of Morris holding puppet strings and essentially celebrating the fact he was cheating the system, to begging our owner to drop his court case after the whole thing unravelled. Remembering back to when the whole Rooney/Stadium/FFP debacle came out, to a man, every single Derby fan was over the moon about it, I never saw a single person ever say 'hang on, this isn't right what is happening here', or even having the slightest reservations about the behaviour of their crook owner.

    I don't wish anything bad on the club, or the supporters, but this is a massive reminder to us all about being careful what we celebrate and the masts we pin our colours to.

    If you saw no Derby fans concerned over the stadium sale, FFP worries or Rooney's arrival then you certainly didn't look very far. Mel Morris was one of the owners in support of FFP being brought into English football so in the earlier years when he told us we were FFP compliant, we obviously had no reason then to doubt him. Once the stadium was sold there were many complaints and a lot of anger from fans so he stopped doing the fan forums he regularly held and essentially cut off communication to us. The only times we heard from him then were the odd radio interview here and there which he could pre-prepare topics to discuss and wouldn't take fan questions.

    As for the memes .... if you believe some teenagers looking for a reaction from opposition fans on social media is representative of all the fans who turn up at Pride Park each week to support the club then that's just a little bit silly, isn't it?

    Our club is currently being used as a weapon in some stupid argument between Gibson, Morris and the EFL (and Wycombe). Every day there's a new statement from either the EFL, Boro or our administrators and near enough every single one contains lies and contradictions and it's getting very tiresome.

    I don’t doubt what you say Cam, but from our point of view all we have are newspaper article comments, forums, YouTube comments, social media etc and literally every single person I came across had a bad attitude towards the things that are going on. I’m not Naive enough to assume they are a voice for all Derby fans, but it would have been good if even a few had shown some kind of disagreement with it. The general feeling amongst a lot of fans from other clubs is that you are just reaping what you have sewn.

    As I said I don’t wish any of this on the supporters of Derby, my local team Darlington ceased to exist so I know how bad it impacts the town and fans.

    Whilst I think the overall thing has gotten way out of hand and the thought that we could in anyway have benefitted from being in the playoffs is laughable, the reasoning behind Gibsons case is far from stupid.

    The reasoning behind Gibson's case wouldn't be so stupid if he were also challenging Villa for the season they beat you in the play offs and the season Bournemouth beat you to the automatic spots. The difference was that this is a bitter dispute between Mel Morris and Steve Gibson and he didn't have an issue with the Villa or Bournemouth owners. Now we're in the situation were Mel has ran away from the legal fight and Steve has decided rather than ending it, he is willing to help push Derby to the brink of extinction because he either gets a settlement from us knowing we can't afford an expensive and lengthy legal battle, or we are liquidated and the debt from MSD is transferred over to Mel and he must pay up the huge sums. So for Gibson he either receives money or sees Mel Morris have to fork out the debt currently owed to MSD from the club. Steve gets the last laugh and Derby County are just an unfortunate casualty in the dispute. And of course we can all agree Mel should be the person paying the MSD debt anyway as he's the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ who racked it up, but that would mean Derby have been liquidated.

    If it somehow does end up in a legal battle or the EFL pull their finger out and actually make a decision and it favours Boro, we could be in for a fun few years with that precedent as clubs across the EFL start suing each other for missing out on promotion/play offs/survival at the expense of clubs who broke FFP rules. We'd be able to go and try and get some pennies off of QPR and Villa :joy:

    Can’t disagree with the comments about Villa, even Leicester too… all of them fiddling it somehow.

    In my mind Gibson won’t let Derby go under with him being the reason, he is a proper football man and I truly believe he wouldn’t let that happen over a petty dispute with a crook.

    He has written an open letter on our website that might be worth a read, basically asking the administrators some awkward questions and also implying that the 2 legal cases are being used as an excuse to cover up their agenda, anyway I’ll let you have a read and see what you think. It certainly looks to me like they don’t have the clubs best interests at heart, and the Boro/Wycombe thing is a perfect deflection tactic.

    I've read it mate and for Derby fans it's more of the same, just a lot of finger pointing and he said she said stuff. Our administrators have done it, Mel Morris has done it, the EFL have done it, the Wycombe chairman has done it and Gibson has done it. I can probably do my best to answer some of those questions to be honest ....

    1. This is the part that sums up what our worry is, that it's not really about the claim and more about Gibson vs Morris. If we're liquidated Morris must pay the huge debt to MSD and although Gibson receives no money, he still gets to see Mel suffer.
    2. He has a very fair point here. The administrators should be communicating with Gibson much more, especially if him and the Wycombe chairman are the main holdups. The only defence for them is that by the sounds of things they'd hoped the EFL would intervene and confirm they are not football creditors as there's no actual amount owed, but the EFL have done very little to sort the dispute.
    3. Rooney sounded so confident we'd have a preferred bidder announced 'tomorrow' after a recent game as the administrators had a meeting with the EFL were they planned to inform them who that would be. The EFL wouldn't agree to exclude Boro and Wycombe's claims so we couldn't announce a preferred bidder as none will take us on with those claims still up in the air. To announce a preferred bidder all the other debts will have been agreed to on how much shall be paid back so that would suggest an agreement has been made with HMRC.
    4. "Pay us what we want or you're ❤️❤️❤️❤️."
    5. The administrators confirmed today they have yet to take a penny from Derby and have funded their work themselves. They plan to sort out administrator fees upon takeover completion.


    The hilarious thing about all this is the EFL could have prevented it all if they weren't so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ useless. They could have intervened when Mel first changed his amortisation policy instead of signing off on it, they could have took responsibility for their ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up rather than agree to go after us if Boro dropped their claims against them, they could have accepted the independent panel's rulings against us rather than appeal it twice, they could have set deadlines within the season for Mel to provide the re-done accounts so it could be sorted there and then rather than after the season has finished, they could have not done some dumb double fixture list in case they found a way to relegate us post season which in turn encouraged Wycombe to start a claim against us, and now they could have made a decision either way as to whether Boro and Wycombe's claims actually make them football creditors which would make sorting our a takeover easier as the 3 bidders would know where we stand.

    Its definitely a complete mess, selfishly I just hope Gibson sees sense and moves himself well away from it as soon as possible so our club can at least have some credibility, regardless of the facts its not making us look great to the outside observer... and if the worst happens we will become more hated than Millwall, even if its not our fault directly.
  • NornIron
    15480 posts World Class
    edited January 24
    Middlesbrough 4 players yellow carded in the first 29mins.
  • AaronMFC
    2603 posts Fans' Favourite
    NornIron wrote: »
    Middlesbrough 4 players yellow carded in the first 29mins.

    Strange performance by far the worst we have played under Wilder so far. Think we should have had a pen though. Expect us to be better in the 2nd half
  • They Caged Non
    6541 posts Big Money Move
    Massive wake up call to anyone getting carried away with how good we are I would say. 2nd best to most things tonight and our inability to play through the middle is gonna kill us, rely too much on the wings.
  • AaronMFC
    2603 posts Fans' Favourite
    Coventry are a really good side very fortunate to beat them today. Really wouldnt want to play them again in the play offs.
  • Nem
    8014 posts League Winner
    @Handy Andy Hi 😘
  • Handy Andy
    6325 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 29
    You’re nothing special, we lose every week @Nem

  • iHilarious
    13636 posts Has That Special Something
  • NornIron
    15480 posts World Class
    iHilarious wrote: »

    Was just about to post this, abit like Sykes been around for a few years now I know the full time teams over here all wanted him, 100k was the asking price. CM/CAM seen a stat the other day that he had played every match this season. Will probably take a while to settle. They have another young player Darragh McBrien who reminds me alot on Whyte.
  • NornIron
    15480 posts World Class
    edited January 30
    @iHilarious
    Don't worry Glentoran are outbidding everyone. :D
  • iHilarious
    13636 posts Has That Special Something
    NornIron wrote: »
    @iHilarious
    Don't worry Glentoran are outbidding everyone. :D

    How? :lol:
  • iHilarious
    13636 posts Has That Special Something
  • NornIron
    15480 posts World Class
    edited January 31
    iHilarious wrote: »

    Deal is done apparently. Should be announced soon. He's the top journalist over here, players mate just said Deal has been done.
  • iHilarious
    13636 posts Has That Special Something
    NornIron wrote: »
    iHilarious wrote: »

    Deal is done apparently. Should be announced soon. He's the top journalist over here, players mate just said Deal has been done.

    Looks like a 3 1/2 year deal! Hopefully another Sykes
  • iHilarious
    13636 posts Has That Special Something
    2nd Northern Irish signing of the day being linked - Ciaron Brown at Cardiff
  • NornIron
    15480 posts World Class
    edited January 31
    iHilarious wrote: »
    2nd Northern Irish signing of the day being linked - Ciaron Brown at Cardiff

    I like him, puts his body on the line. And a great long throw. I think Cardiff were playing him LB he's not a LB he's a CB or LCB in a 3.

    Any Cardiff/ Welsh people heard of Kieron Evans apparently signing for Linfield.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • Hicksy2011
    19017 posts World Class
    Really is no wonder we can’t get promoted when teams constantly constantly score goals 1-3 yards offside against us
  • iHilarious
    13636 posts Has That Special Something
    NornIron wrote: »
    iHilarious wrote: »
    2nd Northern Irish signing of the day being linked - Ciaron Brown at Cardiff

    I like him, puts his body on the line. And a great long throw. I think Cardiff were playing him LB he's not a LB he's a CB or LCB in a 3.

    Any Cardiff/ Welsh people heard of Kieron Evans apparently signing for Linfield.

    Confirmed now. I think he’s come in as a backup realistically, but with 2/3 CBs & 1 LB his versatility could prove vital
  • iHilarious
    13636 posts Has That Special Something
    What’s your prediction for the weekend then @Hicksy2011 ? Your away form doesn’t look too great
  • Hicksy2011
    19017 posts World Class
    I don’t know
    The owners seem quite happy to stay in league 1 where it’s cheap until they’ve sorted proper plans for the ground and training ground out
    And frankly the lack of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ given is spreading throughout the whole fanbase
    We’ve been solid at the back for months so I wouldn’t rule us out of any games though
Sign In or Register to comment.