The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    18899 posts World Class
    Kenny Jackett absolutely destroyed this club I hate it so so much
    Set us back many years
  • strings79
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good win over Hull today who have to be the dirtiest team iv seen in a while hope they get relegated absolute disgrace some of the antics they got up to and absolute veg head fans as well
  • NornIron
    15396 posts World Class
    Holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️, the Glentoran keeper just tried to strangle his own player " Bobby Burns" In a match for making a mistake leading to a goal.
  • NornIron
    15396 posts World Class
    Killian McVeigh🔴⚪️ (@Bling_Strider) Tweeted:
    Why’s he done that then🤣🤣 Glentoran down to 10 https://t.co/7049imh5oX
  • strings79
    Good win over Hull today who have to be the dirtiest team iv seen in a while hope they get relegated absolute disgrace some of the antics they got up to and absolute veg head fans as well
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Set us back many years

Cowleys won't help utter chancers them two fellas jumped up PE teachers
  • Hicksy2011
    18899 posts World Class
    Yeh that keeper used to play for us
    He was one of the ones who truly didn’t deserve to pull on the shirt tbh
  • Hicksy2011
    18899 posts World Class
    strings79 wrote: »
    Set us back many years

Well we had one player permanently under contract between the ages of 17 and 24 when Jackett left and multiple terrible contracts (which we are still paying) including a guy who has been largely fit for the last 2 and a bit years and has played for us less than 10 times in the league
    Oh and he’s one of the highest paid CBs in the league
    It’s a shambles
  • strings79
    Set us back many years

Well we had one player permanently under contract between the ages of 17 and 24 when Jackett left and multiple terrible contracts (which we are still paying) including a guy who has been largely fit for the last 2 and a bit years and has played for us less than 10 times in the league
    It’s a shambles

mate the Cowleys are utterly awful wouldnt want them near my club experts at football cliches and nothing else
  • Alastair
    10264 posts Moderator
    I hate football :cry:

Dominated Solihull Moors yesterday and lost 1-0 due to a scrappy goal. Our GK almost headed an equaliser with the last touch as well.

Then they go and draw Wigan away today. Would have been a great away day.

It's also now 1160 days (and counting) since I last saw us win (seen far too many matches in the time). Only seem to pick the draws and defeats. 14th August 2018 :cry:
  • Hicksy2011
    18899 posts World Class
    Set us back many years

It’s a shambles

mate the Cowleys are utterly awful wouldnt want them near my club experts at football cliches and nothing else

I’m starting to believe you
  • Retro1989
    6053 posts Big Money Move
    What a nuts game that was.
  • BRISTOL86
    9187 posts League Winner
    No home win since January and then this. I just don’t think it gets any more Bristol City than that.

6725-A9-E3-6-BAC-486-D-B597-70-AD334-DCE0-C.jpg
  • AaronMFC
    2306 posts Fans' Favourite
    Think thats the best we have played this season controlled most the game. Didnt see us winning 3 in a row a week ago.
  • WFCBagnall
    91119 posts Moderator
    Unbeaten month, not bad supposing we've played 3 of the top 6 conceding just 2.

Haven't been impressed by any of the teams towards the top except Forest Green.

Sutton were extremely poor today supposing they were in the top 6.
  • They Caged Non
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Think thats the best we have played this season controlled most the game. Didnt see us winning 3 in a row a week ago.

And then back to normality again on sat:(
  • Hicksy2011
    18899 posts World Class
    It’s reached the point where I just want a ref who knows what the rule is for if the ball hits them
    Three in a row with no clue
    Tonight’s Ref tackled us on the counter while we clearly had possession and then gave Cheltenham the ball back
    He even stopped play and dropped it again when we tried to contest it
  • AaronMFC

And then back to normality again on sat:(

And once again tonight. I dont understand how their massive centre back can have that much space for a free header from a corner.
  • NornIron
    15396 posts World Class
    edited November 3
    Stoke have 5 players booked in the first half away to Blackpool.

Oh and Alli Zidane McCann what a player
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • NornIron
    15396 posts World Class
    Luke Southwood Reading Keeper in the N.I squad
  • Handy Andy
    6316 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 4
    NornIron wrote: »
    Luke Southwood Reading Keeper in the N.I squad

Good to see, he’s been unreal since breaking into the team. Should defo be ahead of Peacock Farrel
  • Alastair
    10264 posts Moderator
    edited November 4
    This blast from the past just appeared on my Twitter feed.

• They Caged Non
    Can we just take a moment to appreciate this man, the clubs decision will probably be right in the end but the way they have conducted themselves this weekend is embarrassing. Thanks for putting our club in a better place Neil, it was a mess when you took over.

• AaronMFC
    Can we just take a moment to appreciate this man, the clubs decision will probably be right in the end but the way they have conducted themselves this weekend is embarrassing. Thanks for putting our club in a better place Neil, it was a mess when you took over.

They shouldnt have renewed his contract this summer. With the amount of signings that clearly arent Warnocks the imbalance has been there since the window shut. I think he took us as far as he could and its the right decision but we should have figured that out in the summer.
  • They Caged Non

They shouldnt have renewed his contract this summer. With the amount of signings that clearly arent Warnocks the imbalance has been there since the window shut. I think he took us as far as he could and its the right decision but we should have figured that out in the summer.

Fully agree mate, the club have yet again gone about it the wrong way.. Wilder was available wasn't he? why not do it then?

Looking forward to seeing who Wilder plays, surely Coburn has to be in?
  • AaronMFC

Fully agree mate, the club have yet again gone about it the wrong way.. Wilder was available wasn't he? why not do it then?

Yeah 1 point out of 9 after our few wins in a row in that time Coburn has definitely been the bright spot. Mcnair seems the perfect player for Wilders overlapping cbs if he sets us up like he did sheffield united anyway.
  • They Caged Non

Yeah 1 point out of 9 after our few wins in a row in that time Coburn has definitely been the bright spot. Mcnair seems the perfect player for Wilders overlapping cbs if he sets us up like he did sheffield united anyway.

Yeah and Dijksteel too. IM genuinely interested to see how we set up... which will then follow abject disappointment when we get beat by Millwall haha.
  • strings79
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Unbeaten month, not bad supposing we've played 3 of the top 6 conceding just 2.

Haven't been impressed by any of the teams towards the top except Forest Green.

Sutton were extremely poor today supposing they were in the top 6.

Hows Kieran Phillips doing for you guys ? i was quite disappointed we loaned him out tbh thought he may have been in and around our first team this season.
  • NornIron
    15396 posts World Class
    edited November 12
    McNairs hamstring is away, for any of you Middlesbrough fans.

Or maybe not he's back on.
  • AaronMFC
    NornIron wrote: »
    McNairs hamstring is away, for any of you Middlesbrough fans.

Or maybe not he's back on.

I swear he gets injured on most international breaks and continues to play through it. He played a friendly last year after going of injured in the previous game he needs to look after his body more.