The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

  • iHilarious
    13584 posts Has That Special Something
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    FA Cup 2nd Qual Round Replay tonight at home to Lymington. Got a nasty feeling we’re gonna lost.

    Heysham and Mills still around?

    Pabs is at Banbury & I think Millsy is at Kidlington - lower standard than the mighty Bulls
  • AaronMFC
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wasnt looking forward to the season starting and cant wait for it to end already. We are pretty much unwatchable. Play a team who havent had a clean sheet all season no fit cbs a cm at rb and dont attack them pretty much at all. Obviously its a 1-0 loss that completely flatters us reading were far more dominant than that. Awful decision for Crooks late red card but it doesnt make a difference we would struggle to score with 15 men on the pitch.
  • Handy Andy
    6313 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    I wasnt looking forward to the season starting and cant wait for it to end already. We are pretty much unwatchable. Play a team who havent had a clean sheet all season no fit cbs a cm at rb and dont attack them pretty much at all. Obviously its a 1-0 loss that completely flatters us reading were far more dominant than that. Awful decision for Crooks late red card but it doesnt make a difference we would struggle to score with 15 men on the pitch.

    Thought we were class today, the CB pairing of a RB and CM worked wonders :D 10 points in the last 4 games now, shame about the impending points deduction which will probably put us in the relegation zone
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    I remember thinking Peacock- Farrell was good.

    3 games and 3 clangers later I've changed my mind. Absolutely criminal today.
  • AaronMFC
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    I wasnt looking forward to the season starting and cant wait for it to end already. We are pretty much unwatchable. Play a team who havent had a clean sheet all season no fit cbs a cm at rb and dont attack them pretty much at all. Obviously its a 1-0 loss that completely flatters us reading were far more dominant than that. Awful decision for Crooks late red card but it doesnt make a difference we would struggle to score with 15 men on the pitch.

    Thought we were class today, the CB pairing of a RB and CM worked wonders :D 10 points in the last 4 games now, shame about the impending points deduction which will probably put us in the relegation zone

    Yeah I thought you played well and dominated the game im sure you will have been surprised how easy it was though. Sky sports commentators literally just repeat things Warnock has said in interviews its obvious they dont watch us.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Woah we did an away win what a day
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    Boro and the nonsense that comes with following them are the reason I’ve not posted in a while, it’s enough to suck the life out of even the best of us.

    What a pointless nothing club we are right now.
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    Carl Winchester. Elite Bagsman.
  • Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    I’m honestly close to just giving up with this sport
    Had a linesman this evening who didn’t understand if a ball is cleared over the top and the striker never goes for the ball it’s not offside, they don’t even understand the rules
    Then the ref has a total meltdown and starts making the most confusing decisions (Hackett Fairchild got booked for being dragged down on the counter)
    I just find more and more consistently I’m watching these games wondering why I’m wasting my free time on this
  • chaser2k15
    16551 posts World Class
    Come on you blues. Hitting donny for 6. 😊🙏😎👀
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    It astounds me every day how truly gigantic Sunderland Association Football Club are
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Peacock-Farrell is brilliant again :D

    Actually conceding a penalty though, wtf?
  • NornIron
    15360 posts World Class
    Is Shayne Lavery the best player in the Championship.
  • Handy Andy
    6313 posts Big Money Move
    NornIron wrote: »
    Is Shayne Lavery the best player in the Championship.

    Swift.
  • Nem
    7791 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    NornIron wrote: »
    Is Shayne Lavery the best player in the Championship.

    Swift.

    Chair 😏
  • Handy Andy
    6313 posts Big Money Move
    Nem wrote: »
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    NornIron wrote: »
    Is Shayne Lavery the best player in the Championship.

    Swift.

    Chair 😏

    Gorkss
  • Nem
    7791 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Nem wrote: »
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    NornIron wrote: »
    Is Shayne Lavery the best player in the Championship.

    Swift.

    Chair 😏

    Gorkss

    That we can agree on 😏
  • AaronMFC
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hull can always count on us to end their really bad runs of form.
  • Retro1989
    5883 posts Big Money Move
    Just like to say thanks to Boro for loaning us Spence, guy is unreal.
  • Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    4-0 win at Home to top of the league
    Happy Saturday fellas
  • Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    I’m not saying the current Derby administration situation has been tough on @UK_Cam but he’s currently number 1 in the world on squad battles...
  • UK_Cam
    1332 posts Professional
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I’m not saying the current Derby administration situation has been tough on @UK_Cam but he’s currently number 1 in the world on squad battles...

    I just want to support a normal, boring club again :joy:

    Over the past few years we've had 5 or 6 failed takeovers, multiple transfer embargos, the EFL and Mel Morris trying to one up each other every week on who can be the bigger c**t towards Derby, players drink driving and injuring each other and to top it all off points deductions on top of points deductions. It's just depressing
  • BRISTOL86
    9178 posts League Winner
    Blimey, blast from the past Cam!

    I remember getting shot down a few years ago when I was moaning about how Derby could operate so far beyond their means and I predicted it all ending in tears.

    As always fans pay the price for the decisions of the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 running the clubs.
  • NornIron
    15360 posts World Class
    @iHilarious I wonder how that Jonte Smith ever played in the English leagues, He has to be a conman. He can't even control the ball. And just falls over everytime the ball hits him.
    We are basically Relegated already.
  • iHilarious
    13584 posts Has That Special Something
    NornIron wrote: »
    @iHilarious I wonder how that Jonte Smith ever played in the English leagues, He has to be a conman. He can't even control the ball. And just falls over everytime the ball hits him.
    We are basically Relegated already.

    2 in 5, or 1 every 185 minutes isn't too bad!
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Just like to say thanks to Boro for loaning us Spence, guy is unreal.

    Can someone message me when Warnock has been binned please.
  • Hicksy2011
    18874 posts World Class
    It was only the Papa John’s trophy tonight
    But you can add another one to the total for number of times this season we’ve used all three subs and one of our players gets a serious injury from an absolutely horrific tackle and the ref doesn’t give them a red so we are the team down to 10 men
  • NornIron
    15360 posts World Class
    edited October 13
    NornIron wrote: »
    @iHilarious I wonder how that Jonte Smith ever played in the English leagues, He has to be a conman. He can't even control the ball. And just falls over everytime the ball hits him.
    We are basically Relegated already.


    My Scouting is not what it used to be, He's amazing
    Post edited by NornIron on
Sign In or Register to comment.