The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• TheonlywayisS6
    3901 posts National Call-Up
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Jack Hunt back on a permanent, and Lewis Wing and Bailey Peacock-Farrell in on loan. Should be decent in L1, but then we're experts at ruining reputations. Desperately need a good striker, especially with Windass being injured and "out for some time". No rush, still got 5 days before our first game.

Should’ve kept Winnall ;)

Would rather have a one legged Josh Windass tbh. Come to think of it I'd rather have a one legged Dean Windass!

We've got Shodipo as well who was on loan with you last year. Any good, or one of those wingers who has a stormer and everybody thinks he's a God followed by 5 anonymous games?

More the second to be honest - if you look at his stats by game you can see that
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/olamide-shodipo/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/401268/plus/0?saison=2020&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Had a couple hot spells but mostly meh

Cosmic. Lost count of the number of wingers we've had like that, from Mark Chamberlain to Dave Bennett to Ritchie Partridge to Kadeem Harris.
  • iHilarious
    13583 posts Has That Special Something
    Jack Hunt back on a permanent, and Lewis Wing and Bailey Peacock-Farrell in on loan. Should be decent in L1, but then we're experts at ruining reputations. Desperately need a good striker, especially with Windass being injured and "out for some time". No rush, still got 5 days before our first game.

Would rather have a one legged Josh Windass tbh. Come to think of it I'd rather have a one legged Dean Windass!

We've got Shodipo as well who was on loan with you last year. Any good, or one of those wingers who has a stormer and everybody thinks he's a God followed by 5 anonymous games?

More the second to be honest - if you look at his stats by game you can see that
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/olamide-shodipo/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/401268/plus/0?saison=2020&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

Cosmic. Lost count of the number of wingers we've had like that, from Mark Chamberlain to Dave Bennett to Ritchie Partridge to Kadeem Harris.

Chamberlain was 85-88 :worried: you’re that old you will remember us being good :lol:
  • TheonlywayisS6
    edited July 27

Chamberlain was 85-88 :worried: you’re that old you will remember us being good :lol:

I am, and I do! Remember us hammering you 6-1 in the top flight and thinking "that fat lad looks good though", it was Ray Houghton. And your league cup win of course.
  • Hicksy2011
    18842 posts World Class
    Annddddd Jayden Reid has done his ACL the week after we signed him
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sake ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this sport
    We need 9 more signings the season is almost in tatters already
  • iHilarious

I am, and I do! Remember us hammering you 6-1 in the top flight and thinking "that fat lad looks good though", it was Ray Houghton. And your league cup win of course.

This season will be our first league meeting since 1990/91 - oh how the mighty have fallen ;)

Surprisingly we actually have the better of you! Mostly down to a 5 game winning streak in the early 70s
    Sheff Weds - 9
    Oxford - 10
    Draw - 11
  • Retro1989
    5794 posts Big Money Move
    Ben Brereton advertising Pepsi in Chile :D
  • NornIron
    15273 posts World Class
    Larne winning 1-0 away in Denmark 3-1 up now agg, Get your players locked up Larne are coming after a few.
  • NornIron
    15273 posts World Class
    Looks like we're selling Shay McCartan to Glentoran for 120k double the Irish league record.
    Giving up with this 3 team league, instead of bringing better players to league they're making the rest weaker.
  • NornIron
    15273 posts World Class
    edited July 30
    Does anyone know the average weekly wage an established League 1 player would be on.
  • NornIron
    15273 posts World Class
    Oxford signed Gavin Whyte again on loan, have to support them again now, with Whyte and Cooper.
  • Hicksy2011
    18842 posts World Class
    edited July 31
    We have 12 players available today
    Oh dear
    @NornIron 3k for an average player, 5k for the best in the league generally although a few will be on up to 10k a week (Wyke at Wigan)
  • iHilarious
    NornIron wrote: »
    Oxford signed Gavin Whyte again on loan, have to support them again now, with Whyte and Cooper.

Sykes is technically Northern Irish still :tongue:
  • NornIron
    15273 posts World Class
    edited July 31
    NornIron wrote: »

Sykes is technically Northern Irish still :tongue:

Who :*
  • Nem
    7746 posts League Winner
    Whisper it quietly, R's for the title this season 🤫
  • iHilarious
    Nem wrote: »
    Whisper it quietly, R's for the title this season 🤫

I’ve gone for a QPR + Oxford promotion double - Rs are still 7s
  • iHilarious
  • NornIron
    15273 posts World Class
    edited August 2
  • Handy Andy
    6302 posts Big Money Move

We are the same lel

We have like 13 senior players left now and we are under an embargo, it’s going well
  • Hicksy2011
    18842 posts World Class
    It’s because and I’m not kidding
    Brexit has caused problems and all the shirts are in a shipping container in France
  • iHilarious
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    It’s because and I’m not kidding
    Brexit has caused problems and all the shirts are in a shipping container in France

:lol:

We have Cambridge on Saturday so it’s one of the few we actually need an away for
  • Retro1989
    Everyday there's something new, i love this Derby drama :D
    231291537912ab12a2b844f1078f2efb.png
  • TheonlywayisS6
    Derby are starting to make Wednesday look like a well run club.
  • Hicksy2011
    18842 posts World Class
    Jacobs off to Ipswich, think Haji and Harrison both self isolating at the moment
    Not sure how we get to 18 players for the match day squad tomorrow, we only have 2 midfielders at the moment
  • Retro1989
    Blackett gone to MLS. We now have 1 LB and his name is Gaetan Bong.
    200.gif
  • Handy Andy
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    Retro1989 wrote: »
    Blackett gone to MLS. We now have 1 LB and his name is Gaetan Bong.
    200.gif

Blackett is dreadful, not sure why you took him after he left us
  • WFCBagnall
    89639 posts Moderator
    Few people saying we've had talks with Kabongo Tshimanga, get him and we're looking great.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    Anybody off to a game this weekend? I'm heading to Charlton, now got to get on a train before 7am because the later one I was on has now been replaced by a bus which gets to Retford too late for my connection. We only booked on that one because it was about £3 cheaper than the direct train, now it's cost me an hour's sleep and 40 minutes hanging around in the paradise of Retford :(

Guess for many it'll be the first game since Covid hit, although we had a league cup game last weekend which was weird yet nice to get back to some normality (normality being Wednesday failing to score). Ironically the last league game I went to was also in London, we got tonked 5-0 by Brentford.

After all these years I still get that tingly optimism for the first game of the season. Usually it's gone by about 10 minutes into the match...
  • WFCBagnall
    89639 posts Moderator
    Tranmere Away

Train to Liverpool and then another one into Tranmere.

Should be 1500 of us going up, so it should be great.
  • Hicksy2011
    18842 posts World Class
    Happy new season lads
    I’m barely excited but I think it’s just pragmatic realism to be honest
    We’ve got some very very good players so it could still be a year that ends in glory but I’m sure you can understand where our squad is at when I say we’ve signed 8 players and lost 17, and two of the 8 signings are out for the season already
    Going to be a really tough league this year, Ipswich looking fantastic but I don’t think anyone should count their chickens to be honest
    We had a few talented players to start with, added three guys who were genuine championship players last year, added some potentially very exciting loanees and Freeman in the right team is clearly a championship player too
    So who knows, strong end to the window and we could have a genuine championship level starting XI
    Only issue is we wouldn’t be the only ones in the league saying that
  • WFCBagnall
    89639 posts Moderator
    Screenshot-20210807-131909-Samsung-Internet.jpg

:joy: