Steve Coppell favourite to become our new manager :D

supporting Walsall if it happens
  • WFCBagnall
    91291 posts Moderator
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Steve Coppell favourite to become our new manager :D

supporting Walsall if it happens

Scenes when we sign Kevin Doyle, Stephen Hunt and James Harper.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    Obviously it is just paper talk but I've read any Derby points deduction would likely be done next season. Funny, they didn't do that with Wigan who actually deserved to stay up that year, almost as if they are protecting the bigger clubs?

I suppose the argument would be any case has now been sorted after the closure of this season, but you'd have to feel Wycombe will have been hard done by if Derby get any sanctions imposed next season as opposed to this one. And I also hate Wycombe.
  • Hicksy2011
    18906 posts World Class
    I guess the issue is how long it takes to sort out
    if it takes 4/5 weeks then Wycombe wont be able to sign any players which will probably really harm them in whatever division they end up
  • Retro1989
    6090 posts Big Money Move
    What a day for Derby.

- EFL official announcement
    - They got to pay Keogh over 2M due to breach of contract
    - Erik Alonso get's found out and deletes his Twitter account
  • iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something
    Go bust
  • They Caged Non
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    Tonight could be the return.

Welcome back mate, we saw you seconded to that god awful prem lounge, then pretended to be too busy to come and talk to us ;)

:trollface:

• Hicksy2011
    18906 posts World Class
    I think its reached the point where most of us are here forever
    i think a highly ambitious plan for us would still have four more years of EFL before getting in to the Prem and the reality will probably be 10+ years instead which is a bit grim
    not that im in a major rush to get to a league where you win one game a month and stay up
  • iHilarious
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I think its reached the point where most of us are here forever
    i think a highly ambitious plan for us would still have four more years of EFL before getting in to the Prem and the reality will probably be 10+ years instead which is a bit grim
    not that im in a major rush to get to a league where you win one game a month and stay up

We’ll be Prem by 2025 I don’t know what you mean
  • Retro1989
    6090 posts Big Money Move
    RIP to the dream of Alonso taking over and ruining them.
  • They Caged Non
    The life of a Boro fan, even our goal of the season competition is bang average.
  • AaronMFC
    2314 posts Fans' Favourite
    The life of a Boro fan, even our goal of the season competition is bang average.

I havent seen it can Wings goal for Rotherham last week count I doubt we've scored better than that. Tav scored a decent goal at Wycombe and Watmore scored a beauty against Huddersfield thats all I can really think of.
  • AaronMFC
    Just watched it didnt think it was too bad tbh a few decent strikes I had entirely forgotten about.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Just watched it didnt think it was too bad tbh a few decent strikes I had entirely forgotten about.

That’s the issue mate, it’s a collection of ‘decent strikes’, not a goal of the season compilation.... did any one of them stick out as one you will remember in years like the Barry Robson long ranger, Rochembacks free kick etc.
  • AaronMFC

That’s the issue mate, it’s a collection of ‘decent strikes’, not a goal of the season compilation.... did any one of them stick out as one you will remember in years like the Barry Robson long ranger, Rochembacks free kick etc.

Honestly probably Watmores thought that was a really good goal. Seems a bit more dead without a crowd though.
  • They Caged Non

Honestly probably Watmores thought that was a really good goal. Seems a bit more dead without a crowd though.

Oh yeah his will likely win it, but that selection is proper bang average imo. The Bola and Laing goals should be nowhere near a GOS comp.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    Fair play to Luke Leahy managing to bag a deal at another League 1 club off of the back of scoring a couple of penalties while being one of the worst defenders I've witnessed in the league last season.
  • iHilarious
    https://www.skysports.com/football/oxford-united-vs-blackpool/444078

How have Sky managed to use 3 different badges for us in 4 posts...
  • NornIron
    15400 posts World Class
    edited May 18
    Hashtag Utd promoted again, will soon be catching Portsmouth.

Irish cup day bbc iplayer/ bbc2 ni Larne v Crusaders 4pm, Ballymena v Linfield 8pm.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • Hicksy2011
    18906 posts World Class
    Clear out in full swing
    Curtis is off good riddance
    Blokes far too cocky, good League 1 player but he would be on the same level as Lowe and Clarke atm if he had their work ethic which clearly he doesn’t
    Bragging in the papers about championship interest just before the biggest game of the season, posting videos celebrating hours after being knocked out the play offs, then allegedly being one of the players involved in beating up a Portsmouth fan that evening is a wonderful way to ruin your reputation within a week
  • iHilarious
    All Oxford aren’t we?
  • Hicksy2011
    18906 posts World Class
    iHilarious wrote: »
    All Oxford aren’t we?

Suppose so
  • NornIron
    15400 posts World Class
    Irish league is mental pens Crusaders keeper saves 3 all retakes gets booked on the 2nd and sent off on the 3rd. Crusaders manager wanted to pull his team of the field.
    Larne won on pens.
  • iHilarious
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    iHilarious wrote: »
    All Oxford aren’t we?

Suppose so

Cheers x
  • NornIron
    15400 posts World Class
    Oxford beat then, Blackpool don't concede many goals. Big Ballard is CB.
  • iHilarious
    NornIron wrote: »
    Oxford beat then, Blackpool don't concede many goals. Big Ballard is CB.

Sad times
  • NornIron
    15400 posts World Class
    edited May 18
    The 3rd save and sending off looked close, Crusaders taken legal action now.
    Larne are the millionaires so wouldn't surprise me if the referee has a wealthy bank account.

BBC SPORT NI (@BBCSPORTNI) Tweeted:
    ❌❌❌

Crusaders keeper Jonny Tuffey is sent-off in an Irish Cup semi-final penalty shootout after THREE are saves ruled out

But the Irish FA's head of refereeing says it was the right decision

More 👉 https://t.co/SysXsryrUg https://t.co/zMfRanHTqN
    Post edited by NornIron on