The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• AaronMFC
    2307 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think with that Derby are the biggest tinpot club in the football league.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry lads, we are pants. I did tell you.

Looking forward to Cheltenham Town, the Papa John's Trophy group of death with Morecambe, Port Vale and Newcastle U21s, and the FA Cup first round.
  • They Caged Non
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    That’s one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen in football, we didn’t celebrate getting to the UEFA cup final that much. Imagine jumping around like that cos you finished above Rotherham, Wycombe and a team who had a points deduction.
  • They Caged Non
    Remember when we used to hate Leeds, and now we are all buzzing cos they look mint in the prem.. football has turned weird.
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class
    They’ve put Jackett on the sky coverage for our game today
    Lol wut
  • NornIron
    15399 posts World Class
    Portsmouth=Bad lot
  • iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something
    Never in doubt
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    Can just picture Oxford beating Sunderland in the final already xxx
  • iHilarious
    We won’t beat Blackpool IMO
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class
    Gg Oxford
    Sad truth is we have too many average L1 players in our squad, and had we been promoted we’d have got relegated straight away quite easily
    Guess I’ll support Oxford in the play offs, they’ve got up there enough recently and I can’t support Sunderland can I
  • TheonlywayisS6
    I'm hoping Oxford stay down, nothing against them but it's one of the few grounds in L1, the others being Portsmouth, Accrington, Fleetwood, Wimbledon and Cheltenham, that I've never been to. Forest Green if they go up as well.

Just about the only positive of relegation is the chance to add a few new grounds to my list, Covid permitting. Everything else is just depressing.
  • iHilarious
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Gg Oxford
    Sad truth is we have too many average L1 players in our squad, and had we been promoted we’d have got relegated straight away quite easily
    Guess I’ll support Oxford in the play offs, they’ve got up there enough recently and I can’t support Sunderland can I

Much love @Hicksy2011 - I’m not brimming with confidence mind
  • iHilarious
    I'm hoping Oxford stay down, nothing against them but it's one of the few grounds in L1, the others being Portsmouth, Accrington, Fleetwood, Wimbledon and Cheltenham, that I've never been to. Forest Green if they go up as well.

Just about the only positive of relegation is the chance to add a few new grounds to my list, Covid permitting. Everything else is just depressing.

It’s nothing special ;)

Cheltenham’s is pretty ❤️❤️❤️❤️ as well
  • TheonlywayisS6
    edited May 9
    iHilarious wrote: »

It’s nothing special ;)

I bet I've been to a lot worse! It's just numbers, I've been stuck on 109 grounds visited (only watching Wednesday, not interested in going as a neutral) for about 3 years now.
  • They Caged Non

It’s nothing special ;)

I bet I've been to a lot worse! It's just numbers, I've been stuck on 109 grounds visited (only watching Wednesday, not interested in going as a neutral) for about 3 years now.

You should change that view and try to grab a couple of games abroad, it’s a great experience.. lad I work with does a weekend in Germany with his mates and gets 3/4 games in, based in Düsseldorf you are less than an hour from loads of cities... oh and your match ticket is also a free train ticket to get to the ground.
  • Nem
    7853 posts League Winner
    Boing boing

Welcome back Baggies
  • iHilarious
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class
    edited May 9
    I literally just came to say that
    I mean I’m not one of these people who expects them to all go sit in the dark and cry for a week
    But really? This should be a terrible moment in their careers and they just don’t care, get them all out
    I mean for Lee Brown that was potentially the last chance he’s going to have to play in the championship (he’s got next year with us and then gets released even if we go up as he’s 32 and L1 level)
    Why is he doing shots and cheering
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    When we inevitably crash out of the playoffs, atleast it wont be to Charlton this time :)
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class
    It does show how well the Cowleys have connected with the club that I’ve not seen one person say they shouldn’t get a permanent deal
    Actually quite excited to see what they can start building over the summer
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class
    The word on the street is the drinking session Hilarious posted escalated and a bunch of our players got themselves arrested
    Jfc if this is true
  • iHilarious
    The word on the street is the drinking session Hilarious posted escalated and a bunch of our players got themselves arrested
    Jfc if this is true

Please be true.
  • Retro1989
    6078 posts Big Money Move

Shame the EFL don't have the balls to give them a points deduction now to send them down.
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class
    Well it’s now going to decide the fate between them and Wycombe
    And given those ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Wycombe did something as bad as the ESL they deserve to get ❤️❤️❤️❤️ back to L1
  • Handy Andy
    6316 posts Big Money Move
    And given those ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Wycombe did something as bad as the ESL they deserve to get ❤️❤️❤️❤️ back to L1

What did they do? If it’s about the points per game I can’t really blame them for being in favour
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class
    Handy Andy wrote: »

What did they do? If it’s about the points per game I can’t really blame them for being in favour

Refusing to play the rest of the season while happily playing in the play offs
    A total contradiction and was totally about self gain
    Not sure if they got kicked out too in the end but originally they were voting for the salary cap to be imposed for L1 even after they’d been promoted
  • iHilarious
    edited May 10
    Well it benefits Championship sides so that makes sense. I’m pretty sure they’d come down with a grace period?
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class
    Well it benefits Championship sides so that makes sense. I’m pretty sure they’d come down with a grace period?

Well yeah that was the exact point
    They would have been able to come down and have a 4m budget or something while everyone else was stuck at 2.5m
    Thankfully that illegal cap has now been removed