The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• Akinfenwaaaa
    4371 posts National Call-Up
    Ticking along very nicely under Rowett. I think we're a decent goalscorer away from really giving the playoffs a good go.
  • Hicksy2011
    18937 posts World Class
    4 in a row 8 more to go
    Sitting quite comfortably in the play offs now
    8 wins or maybe even 7 could steal that last auto place but it’s a huge ask
    Just got to try and get through the next four and reassess the situation, we do have ludicrously easy fixtures
  • iHilarious
    13595 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm
    Maybe first year
    Not sure anyone cares about you any more than Hull us or Ipswich tbh

I’d definitely consider your lot bigger but that may be geographical as well

• NornIron
    15434 posts World Class
    Shay McCartan signed a new 2 year contract with us tonight, been the best player in the league and turned down offers to go Full time in our league and England as he loves playing for us.
    Never see this loyalty anymore especially in our league.
  • Hicksy2011
    18937 posts World Class
    I take back whatever I said about us making a late splash for autos
    Only got 3 fit players for the forward four positions in our team and none on the bench to cover
    In fact down to about 16 fit players overall
    Not good
  • Hicksy2011
    18937 posts World Class
    It’s honestly not worth even watching this sport at league one level with the refs
    embarrassing
  • AaronMFC
    2373 posts Fans' Favourite
    I stopped caring about the season a while ago but Betinelli is just shocking how he got in an England squad at any point in his career is just beyond me.
  • Hicksy2011
    18937 posts World Class
    I’ll always love this club, but if they don’t sort this refereeing situation out I can see myself stopping caring about football very quickly
    Once again today summed up by Raggett passing the ball out to Daniels, gets clattered really late (by a Burton player who should have been sent off before this) ref somehow gives a free kick to Burton
    Raggett goes off injured and they stick the free kick in the top bin and it costs us points
    Down to about 14 fit players now, we’ve just been beat up so badly with no protection in recent weeks, had to substitute 3 of our back 4 again today
  • Hicksy2011
    18937 posts World Class
    Oh and now they’ve said Jacobs has become our third attacker in the last few weeks to have his season ended and need an operation by a very poor challenge on him
    I give up
  • They Caged Non
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    I stopped caring about the season a while ago but Betinelli is just shocking how he got in an England squad at any point in his career is just beyond me.

I paid to watch the Bournemouth game and Woodgate smirking on the sideline has ended it for me..l will not be taking any notice whatsoever.

The Boro are embarrassing, when Leicester won the Prem their season started 10 games before the end of the previous one, where they went on a run, built massive momentum then steamrollered into the summer and subsequent season.

How our band of absolute muppets can’t understand the way momentum works is beyond me.
  • iHilarious
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I’ll always love this club, but if they don’t sort this refereeing situation out I can see myself stopping caring about football very quickly
    Once again today summed up by Raggett passing the ball out to Daniels, gets clattered really late (by a Burton player who should have been sent off before this) ref somehow gives a free kick to Burton
    Raggett goes off injured and they stick the free kick in the top bin and it costs us points
    Down to about 14 fit players now, we’ve just been beat up so badly with no protection in recent weeks, had to substitute 3 of our back 4 again today

Great strike
  • Hicksy2011
    18937 posts World Class
    It was a fantastic free kick
    Looking like Marquis is out for the season now too
    So glad lots of teams voted for us to only have 22 man squads this year
  • WFCBagnall
    92166 posts Moderator
    Toney
    Krul
    Pukki
    Armstrong
    Beundia
    Groenveld
    Mowatt
    Ayew
    Olise
    Aarons
    Grant
    Honeyman
    Dembele
    Wyke
    McGeady
    Clarke Harris
    Mullin
    Tozer
    Jay
    Santos
    Lucas Joao
    Da Silva
    Sarr

Anyone I'm missing for an EFL TOTS? @Hicksy2011
  • Hicksy2011
    18937 posts World Class
    edited April 2021
    its a weird one for our league because everyone has been shockingly bad this year
    85 points might win the title when 5 teams got that point total a couple of seasons ago
    I love Lewis-Potter over Honeyman for Hull, or they might just go Wilks for the goals
    maybe Dion Sanderson over McGeady?
    Jephcott maybe missing too or Yates
  • iHilarious
    Atkinson
  • Hicksy2011
    18937 posts World Class
    It’ll be interesting to see where things end up with the official TOTSs too
    Because someone like Harness has been generally quality but he’s only got 7g 8a because under Jackett he was basically playing RB half the time haha
  • AaronMFC

I paid to watch the Bournemouth game and Woodgate smirking on the sideline has ended it for me..l will not be taking any notice whatsoever.

The Boro are embarrassing, when Leicester won the Prem their season started 10 games before the end of the previous one, where they went on a run, built massive momentum then steamrollered into the summer and subsequent season.

How our band of absolute muppets can’t understand the way momentum works is beyond me.

Yeah when we were a bottom half championship team we ended a season really well and ended up in the playoff final the year after. Results breed confidence we look ready to stagnate to the end of this season and knowing us probably most of next.
  • They Caged Non

Yeah when we were a bottom half championship team we ended a season really well and ended up in the playoff final the year after. Results breed confidence we look ready to stagnate to the end of this season and knowing us probably most of next.

It’s not looking great is it.

And I just caught the Matchday roundup on YouTube but from a Barnsley perspective, Warnock congratulating them at the end and essentially giving them a team talk about going up, it’s all down to earth etc but seeing as how pathetic we were it doesn’t sit right for me.

I really fear where we will be come August, we don’t even own a proper keeper.
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    Abysmal 🙃
  • TheonlywayisS6
    3902 posts National Call-Up

And I just caught the Matchday roundup on YouTube but from a Barnsley perspective, Warnock congratulating them at the end and essentially giving them a team talk about going up, it’s all down to earth etc but seeing as how pathetic we were it doesn’t sit right for me.

Still, it could be worse...
  • AaronMFC

At this point I think no goalkeeper might be better than bettinelli. From the few times i watched archer for millwall he was awful too but id rather he played atm. However much can be taken from xg model the gazette had an article about how we've conceded far more than the model predicts. The article pretty much says we defend well but our keeper is that bad it doesnt matter.
  • They Caged Non

Still, it could be worse...

Yes mate, not gonna argue there:)
  • They Caged Non

At this point I think no goalkeeper might be better than bettinelli. From the few times i watched archer for millwall he was awful too but id rather he played atm. However much can be taken from xg model the gazette had an article about how we've conceded far more than the model predicts. The article pretty much says we defend well but our keeper is that bad it doesnt matter.

Every team that has ever done anything in football had a good keeper or at least a competent one. And it’s no coincidence that our successes have stemmed around a good one too.
  • Handy Andy
    6318 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2021
    can't believe after the start we had we have messed up this much, such a missed opportunity this year. Will probably lose Olise, Richards and possibly Joao amongst others so not seeing how we get better from here
  • AaronMFC

Every team that has ever done anything in football had a good keeper or at least a competent one. And it’s no coincidence that our successes have stemmed around a good one too.

I still think Dimi was just a solid keeper not spectacular but considering we got him as 3rd choice what a player he was for us.
  • Hicksy2011
    18937 posts World Class
    Oh look another game where we’ve been kicked to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all afternoon and somehow we are the ones down to 10 men and 1-0 down to a penalty
    Every ❤️❤️❤️❤️ week
  • Chris
    5669 posts Big Money Move
    :(
  • Nem
    7911 posts League Winner
    The R's following up a loss to Rotherham with a win at the Boro 😏
  • AaronMFC
    Nem wrote: »
    The R's following up a loss to Rotherham with a win at the Boro 😏

You can see why we dont score many goals even when we have a few really good chances we're so bad in front of goal.