The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• BristolMDF
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    90 minutes without a shot on target with 4 strikers on the pitch.
  • AaronMFC
    2048 posts Fans' Favourite
    The good Boro showed up tonight will be the first time we've done the double over Forest in a long time.
  • Nem
    6982 posts Big Money Move
    Another R's away win 🥳🥳
  • Hicksy2011
    18484 posts World Class
    how is everyone enjoying things? finally our team is attacking and we are seeing the rewards, looks like maybe for the first time under Jackett we might actually strengthen in Jan too
    next three games are so so tough but we have a ludicrously easy finish to the season (8 of our last 9 are against teams currently 15th or lower) so im going out on a limb here and saying if we win our ext 3 we stroll to promotion
    top scorers, best defence in the league, 6 straight clean sheets including a bunch of tough games
    all aboard atm
    very lucky with injuries as it stands too, no one who has played league 1 football for us this season is injured as it stands
  • iHilarious
    13470 posts Has That Special Something
    Struggled with injuries at the start but most of our team is fit now - looks like Mousinho might have to retire & Winnall hasn’t really played but other than those two we look good. Every time we come into form another game gets postponed. Tomorrow is our first league game since 2nd Jan & our first home game of 2021.. if we can get a run of form going into what could be a 9 game March then I don’t see why we can’t push for the playoffs
  • Hicksy2011
    18484 posts World Class
    edited January 22
    @iHilarious I do think the play offs properly stitched us up, we got half a pre season while everyone else had full
    we were absolutely awful first 3 weeks Fleetwood have had a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ season too
  • GoodnightIrene
    4162 posts National Call-Up
    GL tomorrow Ben <3

We are an awful team with no attacking threat (and only one fit striker for that matter) and you seem to have picked up form a bit, so I will go for a 1-0 win for us! UTG x
  • iHilarious
    Who is this Ben you speak of?
  • GoodnightIrene
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Some dude in our FPL lounge, I believe he supports Oxford!
  • AtomicOdin
    1206 posts Professional
    We havent managed to play a game since dec 29th due to other teams with covid and 2 games called off due to the weather. tomorrow we have Cambridge who are top and have already played 6 games this month. Will most likely lose tomorrow due to not playing for so long now. Need to win our games in hand though as doing so will put us in the top half of the table. Just hope this break hasnt killed off the form we were in.
  • AaronMFC
    edited January 23
    Very happy with our progress how poor we were with Woodgate last season I had finishing around 14th in mind before the season started. We have the odd shocking performance out of nowhere but generally we have a consistent formation and gameplan unlike most of last year. I'll be happy still being close to where we are at the end of the season, not sure I would want to get promoted and watch refs use VAR incorrectly in our matches.
    Post edited by AaronMFC on
  • NornIron
    14440 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 23

No never watch it but is probably decent.

Crusaders v Larne is on sky sports main event 12.30 i'd be surprised if Sule from Larne isnt back across the water next season great player.

Stan Bridgman any good ex Portsmouth signing for Larne apparently?
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • NornIron
    14440 posts Has That Special Something
    Some goals in this Crusaders match.
  • Hicksy2011
    18484 posts World Class
    @NornIron yeh Stan Bridgeman will be alright as a permanent signing, wouldnt expect immediate impact though
  • iHilarious

Ez
  • Handy Andy
    6135 posts Big Money Move
    Every season we play Preston they are the most cynical side in the league, if you get a soft ref they just let them foul constantly
  • GoodnightIrene

Ez
    now im crying
  • AaronMFC
    Cant believe we didnt get a pen genuinely unreal. We played well til they scored but after that we offered absolutely nothing to get back in it.
  • They Caged Non
    6451 posts Big Money Move
    Challenge was horrific... reffing even worse but safe to say we were pathetic again today, can’t get over how ridiculous our form swings from game to game.
  • They Caged Non
    6451 posts Big Money Move
    The Chelsea Circus rolls back into town.
  • AaronMFC
    Challenge was horrific... reffing even worse but safe to say we were pathetic again today, can’t get over how ridiculous our form swings from game to game.

I thought we played well until they scored much sharper than birmingham when we were just crap from start to finish. But the performance after they scored was really disappointing have to react better than that.
  • Hicksy2011
    18484 posts World Class
    oh dear
    you know how I said attacking football was going great
    well Jackett bailed on it to play three CDMs against Hull and we got smacked, hes now signed a second CDM of the window and we are close to signing a third, to make us have 6 senior CDMs
    oops
  • GoodnightIrene
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    oh dear
    well Jackett bailed on it to play three CDMs against Hull and we got smacked, hes now signed a second CDM of the window and we are close to signing a third, to make us have 6 senior CDMs
    oops
    We have 5 left backs if that makes you feel any better.
  • iHilarious
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    oh dear
    oops
    We have 5 left backs if that makes you feel any better.

We have 4 senior defenders (5 with Mousinho but he’s ❤️❤️❤️❤️) :lol:
  • iHilarious
    We’re supposedly in for Adebayo @WFCBagnall but heard he’s agreed verbally to join Hearts