The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• iHilarious
    13470 posts Has That Special Something
    5 goals conceded in 22... I know it’s a tinpot league but he’s got them going properly
  • They Caged Non
    6451 posts Big Money Move
    iHilarious wrote: »
    5 goals conceded in 22... I know it’s a tinpot league but he’s got them going properly

Watched the highlights, he looked proper steely eyed on the sideline before kick off too, that winning mentality.
  • AaronMFC
    2048 posts Fans' Favourite
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Back to pathetic Boro this week, the bipolar team of the championship.

Wycombe away next considering they're relegation fodder i reckon they have to be favourites how we lose to the worst teams in the league consistently year after year is impressive.

Yeah it’s a given isn’t it..... to make it worse I couldn’t be bothered finding a stream or paying so watched Leeds on Amazon, my word they are good ffs

Much better yesterday the last 2 away games i havent bought we've won and the TV viewing today we can safely say newcastle are dire.
  • They Caged Non
    Back to pathetic Boro this week, the bipolar team of the championship.

Wycombe away next considering they're relegation fodder i reckon they have to be favourites how we lose to the worst teams in the league consistently year after year is impressive.

Yeah it’s a given isn’t it..... to make it worse I couldn’t be bothered finding a stream or paying so watched Leeds on Amazon, my word they are good ffs

Much better yesterday the last 2 away games i havent bought we've won and the TV viewing today we can safely say newcastle are dire.

Wor Bruce will be sacked soon, and yeah I saw the highlights and we looked decent, 3 players in TOTW on who scored too, bit irked that Gibbo was in there too lol.
  • AaronMFC
    Covid outbreak in our squad now this will be the oddest season ever.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7718 posts League Winner
    edited January 7
    At this point I’m 99% certain they would’ve postponed the season by now if there wasn’t the Euros this summer that most likely can’t be rearranged again and won’t be cancelled because there’s too much sponsor money on the line for UEFA.
  • They Caged Non
    Funny how all these clubs magically have COVID in time for the FA matches they don’t care about :D
  • GoodnightIrene
    4163 posts National Call-Up
    GL tomorrow x @Lard_Lad

Although I haven't seen him post in a long time so maybe he doesn't frequent the forums anymore :(
  • WFCBagnall
    85149 posts Moderator
    @Farlz just saw someone mention that you have Jon Whitney working at Villa now?

Crazy how you've got pretty much our entire backroom staff from a few years ago :D
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    These season has been gash, but ill savour that win over Neil Harris.
    No problem with Cardiff, the club or the fans but I can't stand that bloke.
  • BristolMDF
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    Got to laugh at Brentford crying foul then calling off the rearranged game :lol:
  • Handy Andy
    6135 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Got to laugh at Brentford crying foul then calling off the rearranged game :lol:

We have been lucky enough to not have any postponements before this but the league surely has to have some sort of policy on covid positives - say if you get x amount you can postpone, rather than judging each case as it happens

What if Joao and Olise get positive tests 2 days before the re-arranged game? Why should we be happy to potentially be forced to play?
  • Nem
    6983 posts Big Money Move
    Least surprising news of the night:

• WFCBagnall
    85149 posts Moderator
    @Farlz Tyriek Wright any good?
  • TheonlywayisS6
    2529 posts Fans' Favourite
    GL tomorrow x @Lard_Lad

Although I haven't seen him post in a long time so maybe he doesn't frequent the forums anymore :(

Bet he was around when they were doing well last season :D
  • TheonlywayisS6
    2529 posts Fans' Favourite
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    BristolMDF wrote: »

We have been lucky enough to not have any postponements before this but the league surely has to have some sort of policy on covid positives - say if you get x amount you can postpone, rather than judging each case as it happens

What if Joao and Olise get positive tests 2 days before the re-arranged game? Why should we be happy to potentially be forced to play?

Our next 2 games are off, training ground has been shut for over a week, we got away with half our FA Cup squad being kids but presumably those who were fit then are either infected or isolating now. The problem is that it's not like a cold when if 1 or 2 players get infected and are ruled out you can still play, with this virus everybody who's been in contact has to self isolate.

Presumably we caught it after playing Derby just before they had a load of positive tests. Didn't help with Rooney gozzing all over the place in the dugout, the filthy tramp.
  • Farlz
    9395 posts League Winner
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    @Farlz Tyriek Wright any good?
    He's pretty well rated within our U23s. Hopefully it goes well for him.
  • Hicksy2011
    18485 posts World Class
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    @Hicksy2011 I think we're going to sign Lalkovic for a third time :D

He's just been released and he's just posted a picture of a Walsall shirt on Twitter.

@WFCBagnall make sure he wears boots that fit him
  • GoodnightIrene
    GL tomorrow x @Lard_Lad

Bet he was around when they were doing well last season :D
    Well the fact a full strength side of theirs could only beat us 3-2 is very telling of their season, they conceded from two set-pieces as well, defence of theirs looked very weak.
  • Retro1989
    5345 posts Big Money Move
    I see Wayne Rooney has replaced Wayne Rooney as manager at Wayne Rooney's Derby County.
  • AaronMFC
    terrible performance today really hard to tell which boro is going to show up
  • BristolMDF
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    It took ten years but we finally beat Preston :o
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Blimey, we won against Millwall.
  • iHilarious
    How have Northampton managed to call this off for a waterlogged pitch?
  • GoodnightIrene
    iHilarious wrote: »
    How have Northampton managed to call this off for a waterlogged pitch?
    They're going down anyway ignore them x
  • iHilarious
    Hard to ignore when we can’t get a run of games going :cry: had 6 different games called off now (8 if you include the ones called off twice)
  • GoodnightIrene
    Think the season would have been cancelled already if there wasn't a vaccine on the horizon, I assume League 1 and League 2 may have to go on and play a month longer while the Euros is going on to finish our seasons.
  • iHilarious
  • They Caged Non
    Can’t wait for us to lose tomorrow