The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• BristolMDF
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    Into the hat for the third round with a comprehensive 6-0 win, wasn't expecting us to score that many based on how we've played this season.

Would be just typical to draw Bristol City, or perhaps one of the big Prem teams with no fans allowed in the stadiums!

Urgh, no thanks. I mean absolutely no good whatsoever can come of that for us.
  • BristolMDF
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    How ive been keeping sane during this ridiculous year, ive got back on it at home with the mixing... much more satisfying than Fifa... nowt better than losing yourself on the decks for a few hours on a Friday night after a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ week at work.

BLOVncG.jpg

Looks class that mate :)
  • BristolMDF
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    Here’s my centre of escapism.

D3-C6-CFA7-26-EB-4-FF0-9-AF4-AE0-EE4-EBF508.jpg
  • They Caged Non
    6431 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    How ive been keeping sane during this ridiculous year, ive got back on it at home with the mixing... much more satisfying than Fifa... nowt better than losing yourself on the decks for a few hours on a Friday night after a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ week at work.

BLOVncG.jpg

Looks class that mate :)

Just bought some Focal studio monitors to replace those ones as they are getting a bit old... oh and got an Effects unit (think posh guitar pedal) coming for the mixer next week.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7717 posts League Winner
    Think Cavaleiro might be the worst regular starter in the Prem this season. Genuinely baffling why Parker keeps playing him.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7717 posts League Winner
    Just noticed we’ve made Joachim Andersen Captain for the game as well. He’s only been here for 3 months and he’s on loan. Played like 3 games.
  • Alastair
    10249 posts Moderator
    Amazing draw for Marine
  • GoodnightIrene
    4124 posts National Call-Up
    Sheffield United at home, lukewarm draw, nice to play a Prem side I suppose.
  • BristolMDF
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    I can’t believe just how poor Chris Brunt is. I knew he wouldn’t be the same Brunt of a few years ago but he is genuinely woeful.
  • AtomicOdin
    1206 posts Professional
    Oh look we lost again, didnt see that coming. At least I'm cashing in on us being ❤️❤️❤️❤️ now. Nice little win for me tonight and already got money on carlisle to beat us on sat while the odds are still good.

Down to 21st in the table with only Stevenage, Mansfield & Southend below, oddly enough our only 3 wins this season were against those 3. Might have to pick up fifa 21 now as its looking like the last time we will be in the game for some time at least. Got a bad feeling if we go down we go under.
  • BristolMDF
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bizarre game, one of the most open games I can remember seeing.

Missed a sitter right at the start and then go immediately behind. Could have been 3 or 4 down at half time quite easily and wouldn’t have flattered QPR.

Then second half, could and should have scored a hatful ourselves

Genuinely could have finished about 5-5 on another night.
  • AtomicOdin
    1206 posts Professional
    we have released our ifollow earnings for November and we made a measly 30k. Think we are one of the higher earners alongside bolton, tranmere and port vale. Its frightening to think clubs are making as little and even less that that in L2. some clubs must be so close to going bust with next to nothing coming in.
  • Handy Andy
    6114 posts Big Money Move
    The refs at this level are an absolute disgrace. Last 2 games we have had 2 red cards missed, a goal scored against us which had like 3 players offside and tonight there were 3 definite penalties not given. Literally the only reason we have not won, just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off
  • Handy Andy
    Oliver Langford - Sheff Wed MOTM / Skills and Highlights
  • Farlz
    9354 posts League Winner
    It's getting a bit close at the top
  • AaronMFC
    1992 posts Fans' Favourite
    Handy Andy wrote: »

That first one is just ridiculous how can that be given the other way.
  • Handy Andy
    AaronMFC wrote: »

That first one is just ridiculous how can that be given the other way.

Staggering isn't it :joy: very rarely can you blame the ref for not winning a game imo but today and on Saturday (even though we won in the end) it is (or would have been) entirely justified

Even Pulis said we should have had 2 pens ffs
  • BristolMDF
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2020
    The refs at this level are an absolute disgrace. Last 2 games we have had 2 red cards missed, a goal scored against us which had like 3 players offside and tonight there were 3 definite penalties not given. Literally the only reason we have not won, just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off

I can’t find a replay anywhere but was Saturday’s tackle really that bad? I know the commentators were talking about being surprised it was a red but I didn’t think it looked as bad as they were making out?

But yeah I mean in general the refs are absolutely shocking at this level.
  • Handy Andy

I can’t find a replay anywhere but was Saturday’s tackle really that bad? I know the commentators were talking about being surprised it was a red but I didn’t think it looked as bad as they were making out?

Moore - went in leading with 2 feet, both off the ground. The only reason it wasn’t given was because Laurent pulled out of the challenge to protect himself, which shouldn’t matter when deciding if it’s a red or not but the ref essentially bottled it

Martin - 100% a red card, ball was at head height if I remember right, was behind Moore and just raked his studs down the back of his leg with no intention to play the ball

It’s annoying, Richards for example tonight is very lucky he hasn’t broken his leg with the challenge that was given as a red card (the only decision the ref got right). The whole evens itself out nonsense owes us big time over the next few games
  • BristolMDF
    1688 posts Play-Off Hero

Moore - went in leading with 2 feet, both off the ground. The only reason it wasn’t given was because Laurent pulled out of the challenge to protect himself, which shouldn’t matter when deciding if it’s a red or not but the ref essentially bottled it

Martin - 100% a red card, ball was at head height if I remember right, was behind Moore and just raked his studs down the back of his leg with no intention to play the ball

It’s annoying, Richards for example tonight is very lucky he hasn’t broken his leg with the challenge that was given as a red card (the only decision the ref got right). The whole evens itself out nonsense owes us big time over the next few games

I was kind of half watching and missed the Martin incident altogether. I thought the Moore one would have been harsh as he’s gone in low and didn’t seem reckless/out of control, but again only saw it once and can barely remember what happened yesterday :joy:
  • NornIron
    14391 posts Has That Special Something
    @iHilarious See Joel Cooper coming back on loan, thought it could be home sickness but seems more than that, says two issues maybe a family member ill or something.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7717 posts League Winner
    Bobby Reid potentially carrying on in his new RWB role. Might have found his true calling.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3968 posts National Call-Up
    We're actually going to get relegated.
    Hughton is abysmal, has absolutely no effect on the team whatsoever. Just an example of getting a good name rather than a good manager.

Knockaert can go back to Fulham in January. Had one good game and that was that. Arter should retire. Colback wouldn't make the U23s. Replacing Matty Cash with Cyrus Christie is like when Clarkson/May/Hammond left Top Gear. Figueiredo is a walking mistake. Lolley is either perpetually injured or he was up too late playing the new Football Manager. Yates is a psychopath.
  • Retro1989
    5342 posts Big Money Move
    Hughton is going to walk.
  • Handy Andy
    You actually played a lot better than Wednesday did, you actually had a couple of shots after going down to 10 :D
  • WFCBagnall
    83803 posts Moderator
    0-darrell-clarke-JPG.jpg

Screenshot-20201205-144911-Samsung-Internet.jpg

This is what managing us for 18 months does to you :joy:
  • They Caged Non
    6431 posts Big Money Move
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    We're actually going to get relegated.
    Hughton is abysmal, has absolutely no effect on the team whatsoever. Just an example of getting a good name rather than a good manager.

Knockaert can go back to Fulham in January. Had one good game and that was that. Arter should retire. Colback wouldn't make the U23s. Replacing Matty Cash with Cyrus Christie is like when Clarkson/May/Hammond left Top Gear. Figueiredo is a walking mistake. Lolley is either perpetually injured or he was up too late playing the new Football Manager. Yates is a psychopath.

At least when you both go down, Derby and Forest fans won’t be able to argue who is better.
  • Handy Andy
    See Sheffield Wednesday fuming about not getting 2 penalties, very sad indeed
  • AtomicOdin
    1206 posts Professional
    Sounding like a stuck record now. lost again and didnt even manage a shot on target. Into the bottom 2 now and unless McCall walks we are not getting out of the bottom 2. Think these players are glad Bradford is in tier 3 as the atmosphere would be toxic as hell if they let any fans in.