The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    18042 posts World Class
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    This was the code, only put it i here once I think like two weeks ago so I probably should have put it in again closer to the start of the season but such is life x

kp8wy8

joined <3

• wheelerdeeler
    7692 posts League Winner
    edited September 21
    This was the code, only put it i here once I think like two weeks ago so I probably should have put it in again closer to the start of the season but such is life x

kp8wy8

joined <3
  • wheelerdeeler
    7692 posts League Winner
    Was hoping Villa would get another goal so we'd go up to 17th on Goals Scored and I could make an "End the League now" joke.

Let downs. @Farlz
  • Farlz
    9178 posts League Winner
    Was hoping Villa would get another goal so we'd go up to 17th on Goals Scored and I could make an "End the League now" joke.

Let downs. @Farlz
    We don't do anything comfortably soz fella

Not a fantastic performance but good early 3 points that
  • Farlz
    9178 posts League Winner

kp8wy8

joined <3

• NornIron
    14101 posts Has That Special Something
    Who's watching Hashtag utd.
  • Handy Andy
    6046 posts Big Money Move
    NornIron wrote: »
    Who's watching Hashtag utd.

ban
  • iHilarious
    13391 posts Has That Special Something
    Do me, @GoodnightIrene & @Sabo just have a 100+ advantage now?
  • Handy Andy
    6046 posts Big Money Move
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Do me, @GoodnightIrene & @Sabo just have a 100+ advantage now?

depends on the league settings I think
  • GoodnightIrene
    4035 posts National Call-Up
    I'll have a look later and see if it lets me change it to have peoples point catch up or something.
  • Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    iHilarious wrote: »

Yeah, he seems an amazing signing on paper. What’s he like?

We also signed this former FL guy.

Anyone know much about either?
  • GoodnightIrene
    Coke had a banging FUT 12 card for Bronze teams if that helps.
  • WFCBagnall
    80712 posts Moderator
    Coke had a banging FUT 12 card for Bronze teams if that helps.

He had a fizzing longshot on him.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7692 posts League Winner
    Bring back the Bronze Beasts. I remember having Zaha on FIFA 11 or 12 and he was a banger.
  • WFCBagnall
    80712 posts Moderator
    I remember Craig Westcarr getting 2 goals and an assist and everyone had him in their Totw predictions, I sold Ronaldo to buy him and he didn't make Totw :joy:
  • GoodnightIrene
    Mad to think back then an IF Maikon Leite was like 1.6M, NIF El Shaa, Lamela, Sinclair etc. like 150-250k and so on.
  • They Caged Non
    6371 posts Big Money Move
    Mad to think back then an IF Maikon Leite was like 1.6M, NIF El Shaa, Lamela, Sinclair etc. like 150-250k and so on.

Those cards were insane, Azevedo at LB and Cicinho at RB too, who was that silver CM the Brazilian old bald guy with mental free kicks?
  • AtomicOdin
    1186 posts Professional

Those cards were insane, Azevedo at LB and Cicinho at RB too, who was that silver CM the Brazilian old bald guy with mental free kicks?

Marcos Assuncao he had mental long shots as well. Loved my Brasilver team from back then.

My go to bronze strike force was Wells and Donaldson. I was pretty good at the game back then and used to score for fun against gold teams with those 2.
  • They Caged Non
    6371 posts Big Money Move
    AtomicOdin wrote: »

Marcos Assuncao he had mental long shots as well. Loved my Brasilver team from back then.

My go to bronze strike force was Wells and Donaldson. I was pretty good at the game back then and used to score for fun against gold teams with those 2.

Yeahhhh thats him, Ilsinho was another one too wasnt he, then those hardcore Brazilian silver CBs too.
  • Farlz
    9178 posts League Winner
    How on earth are clubs in L1/2 going to survive without fans?
  • Hicksy2011
    18042 posts World Class
    Farlz wrote: »
    EFL payments and loans
    A lot will struggle
    As mentioned when they voted in the salary cap, they were voting to stitch themselves up
    We have mountains of cash lying around and bought Callum Johnson for example from Accrington for 200k which helps them a lot
    But we aren’t really allowed to buy anymore because of the rules
  • Hicksy2011
    18042 posts World Class

This does need fixing though, we shouldn’t be making millions from ifollow while some teams can barely make a scratch
    I know us away vs Luton a couple of years ago was the most purchased ifollow EFL game of the season, ridiculous to think they got basically nothing from that
  • NornIron
    14101 posts Has That Special Something
    No fans to March? If its the same over here Irish league won't start then.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7692 posts League Winner
    Farlz wrote: »

Still think the smartest idea I've seen so far is dishing out the ~30m that would've been paid to us for our second year of Parachute Payments to the rest of the EFL.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7692 posts League Winner
    I think EA have downgraded Mitrovic... and if they have that's an absolute shambles.
  • AtomicOdin
    1186 posts Professional
    Can see a few teams go under now unless the efl bails them out.

The way they have worked out payments for ifollow to clubs is wrong. It should just work on the normal system for when fans are allowed. if we want to watch our teams play away then make us do it through the home teams ifollow channel so they get all the money. No way should they only get the first 500 buys from the away team.

Alot of the smaller teams in L2 are already missing out on the likes of us Bolton and Tranmere who would each bring around 1300+ to them. They will most likely get even more of us paying for a live stream now we cant travel.
  • Hicksy2011
    18042 posts World Class
    edited September 22
    Exactly
    I have a lot more sympathy now for teams voting to end our league season
    Accrington still had home games against Coventry and Sunderland both of whom were in the promotion race so would have bought loads of ifollow passes
    I guess they wouldn’t have got any of it
  • Hicksy2011
    18042 posts World Class
    edited September 22
    Anyway even though the football is terrible I’ll keep buying ifollow passes then after the news today about no fans
    The game clearly needs the money at this level
  • Dizzy Bala
    3950 posts National Call-Up
    Reckon McKenna is gunna sign tomorrow.
    Just need a pacy winger and a new manager and we’re done.