The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    If I was picking a squad for tomorrow and that's all you can really do considering we don't know who'll be fit/in form etc. a year from now it would be;

D. Henderson; TAA, Gomez, Maguire, Chilwell; J. Henderson, Rice, Mount; Sancho, Kane, Sterling.

Pope, Tomori, AWB, Saka, Dier, Foden, Rashford, Pickford, Mee/Dunk, Maddison, Greenwood, Ings.

Think there's a case to bring Conor Coady if Gomez and Maguire are the pairing because you can bring him on for one of the Forwards, split the Centre-Backs (Gomez Right, Maguire Left) and you're instantly in a 3-5-2.
  • Hicksy2011
    18016 posts World Class
    edited July 13
    I’d be quite tempted to have Ben White in there even if it was tomorrow :#
  • Handy Andy
    6042 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    This would be mine, also I feel 3 at the back probably makes sense because our CB's are not that good and it allows Trent to be more effective and allows AWB in the team, his tackling is fantastic.

Pope
    AWB - Maguire - Gomez
    TAA - Henderson - Foden - Chilwell
    Sancho - Kane - Sterling

Henderson, Pickford, Tarkowski, Ben White, Rice, Trippier, Phillips, Grealish, Maddison, Saka, Greenwood, Rashford

Pope I think is just ahead of Henderson but its close, whoever has the better season next year gets it. Having AWB and Gomez either side of Maguire allows pace to cover both sides. TAA and Chilwell will have the license to attack much more. Henderson has to start unless he completely falls off next season, and his parter in this setup has to be someone that can carry the ball forward from midfield but also contribute defensively, Foden for me. Front 3 speaks for itself I will say Kane is in danger with the emergance of Greenwood but its one tournament too early for a Greenwood start imo.

Having him and Rashford off the bench is fantastic, Saka I would take and play back up to Chilwell at LWB over anyone like Rose and Shaw. Trippier suits the RWB role as backup to TAA. Then you bring a defensive player in Kalvin Phillips who will have a season in the Prem at this point and 2 creative players. The 3 Centre backs on the bench are solid too, White will be a Prem starter after a great season at Leeds and Rice can play CB or CDM.

Swear you mention White all the time lmao

• Ashy
    12325 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 13
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    This would be mine, also I feel 3 at the back probably makes sense because our CB's are not that good and it allows Trent to be more effective and allows AWB in the team, his tackling is fantastic.

Pope
    AWB - Maguire - Gomez
    TAA - Henderson - Foden - Chilwell
    Sancho - Kane - Sterling

Henderson, Pickford, Tarkowski, Ben White, Rice, Trippier, Phillips, Grealish, Maddison, Saka, Greenwood, Rashford

Pope I think is just ahead of Henderson but its close, whoever has the better season next year gets it. Having AWB and Gomez either side of Maguire allows pace to cover both sides. TAA and Chilwell will have the license to attack much more. Henderson has to start unless he completely falls off next season, and his parter in this setup has to be someone that can carry the ball forward from midfield but also contribute defensively, Foden for me. Front 3 speaks for itself I will say Kane is in danger with the emergance of Greenwood but its one tournament too early for a Greenwood start imo.

Having him and Rashford off the bench is fantastic, Saka I would take and play back up to Chilwell at LWB over anyone like Rose and Shaw. Trippier suits the RWB role as backup to TAA. Then you bring a defensive player in Kalvin Phillips who will have a season in the Prem at this point and 2 creative players. The 3 Centre backs on the bench are solid too, White will be a Prem starter after a great season at Leeds and Rice can play CB or CDM.

Swear you mention White all the time lmao

No I only mentioned him being linked with Liverpool and being a good back up option for them apart from that no, I see him coming off a good season the lad will be a PL player next season and will probably push for an England spot on the bench. There are a few alternatives like O'Connell Coady, Dier, Stones, Tomori and so on but I rate him over those
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Hicksy2011
    18016 posts World Class

Here we go
    I think this might cause more of a fuss than the coronavirus stuff
    The bottom 16 clubs voting to change the rules to stop the top 8 from spending money, it’s quite frankly disgusting and a complete breach of competitive spirit
    There is going to be some serious legal action go on over this
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    People mention all these names and still no mention of Jack O’Connell, I thought you lot knew better. Name me an English CB who has with our doubt performed better than him this season.
  • NornIron
    14093 posts Has That Special Something
    Paul Smyth not even in the Wycombe squad come on Oxford.
  • Lard_Lad
    Oxford gonna win tonight right?
  • Hicksy2011
    18016 posts World Class
    Should do
    120 mins if they need it, big pitch that should have a good surface
    Also I’d argue we ended up being a better test than Fleetwood who just didn’t turn up, so Oxford should be better prepared
    Only issue is they seem to have a few niggles
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    I'm sticking with my usual criteria of deciding who I want to win by which Away day I'd want to do next season. And to be honest, don't mind either way. Just hope Oxford score first so Wycombe can't completely 🎃🎃🎃🎃 house it.
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    ALL OXFORD AREN’T WE
  • Lard_Lad
    I’ve decided who I want to win based on kits, Oxford win hands down. That sponsor on Wycombe is atrocious
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    So much for that one then.
  • Lard_Lad
    Also Gareth Ainsworth is a 🎃🎃🎃🎃
  • NornIron
    Seen Oxford against Portsmouth they had nothing upfront, looks the same again.
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    NornIron wrote: »
    Seen Oxford against Portsmouth they had nothing upfront, looks the same again.

Wash your dirty mouth out they’ve got the super snake
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    Just noticed David Stockdale's on the bench for Wycombe. Fair to say he's gone a bit downhill.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    That was definitely a shot.
  • Hicksy2011
    18016 posts World Class
    That was definitely a shot.
    Don’t know how you could think otherwise
  • NornIron
    Sykes definitely meant it. :*
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    Did he 🎃🎃🎃🎃 :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    Dickie's having a really good game to be fair to him. Think he's in the Championship either way next season.
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    Browne looks tidy too
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    That Moore won't be welcome back in Oxford at this rate.
  • NornIron
    What a tube of a defender.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4035 posts National Call-Up
    Hopefully if Oxford don't go up they lose a lot of their squad to Championship teams next season as it is very strong.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    edited July 13
    I'd take Dickie instead of Ream next to Hector any day of the week next season if/when we haven't gone up from the games I've seen him play. Quite young for a Centre-Back as well.
  • Hicksy2011
    18016 posts World Class
    Hopefully if Oxford don't go up they lose a lot of their squad to Championship teams next season as it is very strong.

I’m assuming they, like us, would need to almost half their wage bill under the new ludicrous salary cap
  • Hicksy2011
    18016 posts World Class
    If Sykes could cross this game would have been completely different
  • NornIron
    That big man with the hair has turned into maldini.