The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• Dizzy Bala
    3950 posts National Call-Up
    With Leeds winning, we've got a 6 point cushion, with 3 games left. If we draw against Swansea, the highest/lowest we'll finish is 5th.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    At least Villa have kept it marginally interesting today. Even if VAR is a shambles.
  • Handy Andy
    6042 posts Big Money Move
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Leeds army
    Reading FC could never

84 points, pitiful effort
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Leeds army
    Reading FC could never

84 points, pitiful effort

Imagine not getting 100+. Could never be my team.
  • Farlz
    9177 posts League Winner
    Palace were so bad today, you can tell they were on the beach. The least stressed I've felt watching Villa in god knows how long.
  • They Caged Non
    6371 posts Big Money Move
    http://www.skysports.com/share/12027011

Wonder if this asset to society plays FUT and does it just4bantz
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    Looks like today's the day we welcome the Non-Existent Bournemouth fans on here back.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    Looks like today's the day we welcome the Non-Existent Bournemouth fans on here back.

Maybe not.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    Another good Brazilian name has just popped up on my Scouting Network.
    PqBPFsP.png
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    There’s Amore where he came from.
  • iHilarious
    13391 posts Has That Special Something
    I trust you will all be supporting the mighty Yellows in our hunt for the Championship this evening?
  • Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    edited July 13
    Yesterday was meant to be the finals of the Euros but instead of seeing England lift the trophy we had to watch Stoke v Birmingham. :cry:

Anyway, decided to have a go at picking my 23 man squad for next summer:

Done some thinking this morning and decided to pick my 23 man squad for next summer:
    ————————Henderson———————————
    —————-AWB-Maguire-Walker———————
    TAA——————————————————-Chilwell
    ———————Foden——Mount—————————
    —————————Sterling————————————
    —————Sancho-Kane-Rashford———————

Subs: Pope, Pickford, Rose, Shaw, Stones, Tomori, Rice, Maddison, Henderson, CHO, Greenwood, Abraham

Edit: Just realised there’s are 12 men in my 11 :joy:
  • AaronMFC
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alastair wrote: »
    Yesterday was meant to be the finals of the Euros but instead of seeing England lift the trophy we had to watch Stoke v Birmingham. :cry:

Done some thinking this morning and decided to pick my 23 man squad for next summer:

Subs: Pope, Pickford, Rose, Shaw, Stones, Tomori, Rice, Maddison, Henderson, CHO, Greenwood, Abraham

wheres Joe Gomez probably Englands best cb
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    If your going to play 3 atb O’Connell should be in any day of the week, it’s a joke he is constantly getting overlooked, he’s class.
  • They Caged Non
    6371 posts Big Money Move
    Kyle Walker, i dont want him anywhere near it, liability
  • Lard_Lad
    Sorry Alastair some questionable suggestions their. Walker isn’t good enough now let alone in a years time and especially not in a back three. Also two full backs playing CB roles is a no for me. Also midfield is two attacking, you need a holding player, and that should be Henderson, player of the season this year, also a leader which that team currently lacks.
  • james2060
    2995 posts National Call-Up
    I like the all out attack approach but even with 12 players I can't see that winning a championship.
  • Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    AaronMFC wrote: »

I based his absence purely on his performance v City. I’d rather play a 79 year old Nobby Stiles at CB than him.
  • Alastair
    10242 posts Moderator
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Sorry Alastair some questionable suggestions their. Walker isn’t good enough now let alone in a years time and especially not in a back three. Also two full backs playing CB roles is a no for me. Also midfield is two attacking, you need a holding player, and that should be Henderson, player of the season this year, also a leader which that team currently lacks.

I wouldn’t personally play 5 atb but it seems to be Southgate’s favourite formation.

I couldn’t work out where to put AWB and TAA as I feel both should start and if they play fluid on the same side they could be dangerous.

Yeah fair point about the holding midfielder.

Think a big issue for me is I can’t see a way to leave out any of Sancho, Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Foden, TAA or AWB. :joy:
  • Lard_Lad
    Tbf id love to see us go attacking and just try and out score everyone, our attacking is clearly our strongest point by far.

I thought Southgate was going back to the 4 at the back recently, I’m sure he has in the recent games. Pretty sure that’s the reason O’Connell hasn’t been picked. If we are 3atb I can say with 100% certainty there is no one better in the league at the LCB position than O’Connell, this isn’t me overrating him he is just that good and he can attack and play with the ball.

We always seem to have an abundance of good football backs.
  • AaronMFC
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    AaronMFC wrote: »

I based his absence purely on his performance v City. I’d rather play a 79 year old Nobby Stiles at CB than him.

Thats really daft logic maguire who i rate has had way more poor games, stones makes high profile errors all the time. Walker and Wan-Bissaka arent cbs.
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    iHilarious wrote: »
    I trust you will all be supporting the mighty Yellows in our hunt for the Championship this evening?

100%
  • Hicksy2011
    18016 posts World Class
    BristolMDF wrote: »

100%

• dannyboy
    12919 posts Has That Special Something
    Lard_Lad wrote: »

I wouldn’t personally play 5 atb but it seems to be Southgate’s favourite formation.

I couldn’t work out where to put AWB and TAA as I feel both should start and if they play fluid on the same side they could be dangerous.

Yeah fair point about the holding midfielder.

Think a big issue for me is I can’t see a way to leave out any of Sancho, Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Foden, TAA or AWB. :joy:

Could always play TAA in midfield.
  • Hicksy2011
    18016 posts World Class
    Well a week has passed and I don’t know how but Jackett is still in a job
    Think it’s unlikely he leaves now unfortunately
    Lots of players wives have started liking tweets slagging KJ off saying how much of a 🎃🎃🎃🎃 he is, players seeming desperate to leave and some of the stories coming out of the club are not good at all
    Let’s see what happens with this nonsense salary cap over the next few weeks then as well
  • Ashy
    12325 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 13
    This would be mine, also I feel 3 at the back probably makes sense because our CB's are not that good and it allows Trent to be more effective and allows AWB in the team, his tackling is fantastic.

Pope
    AWB - Maguire - Gomez
    TAA - Henderson - Foden - Chilwell
    Sancho - Kane - Sterling

Henderson, Pickford, Tarkowski, Ben White, Rice, Trippier, Phillips, Grealish, Maddison, Saka, Greenwood, Rashford

Pope I think is just ahead of Henderson but its close, whoever has the better season next year gets it. Having AWB and Gomez either side of Maguire allows pace to cover both sides. TAA and Chilwell will have the license to attack much more. Henderson has to start unless he completely falls off next season, and his parter in this setup has to be someone that can carry the ball forward from midfield but also contribute defensively, Foden for me. Front 3 speaks for itself I will say Kane is in danger with the emergance of Greenwood but its one tournament too early for a Greenwood start imo.

Having him and Rashford off the bench is fantastic, Saka I would take and play back up to Chilwell at LWB over anyone like Rose and Shaw. Trippier suits the RWB role as backup to TAA. Then you bring a defensive player in Kalvin Phillips who will have a season in the Prem at this point and 2 creative players. The 3 Centre backs on the bench are solid too, White will be a Prem starter after a great season at Leeds and Rice can play CB or CDM.
  • iHilarious
    13391 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    BristolMDF wrote: »

100%

It’s going to be quite the battle of the play styles
  • Hicksy2011
    18016 posts World Class
    When the ball is in play anyway :joy: at least you don’t have to worry about fatigue when you know that a full 120 mins would have the ball in play less than most 90 minutes matches
    I get why they have to do it because their budget is small but they must be the most universally hated club in the bottom 2 leagues
    Maybe only Franchise are worse
  • Hicksy2011
    18016 posts World Class
    How on earth can you only complete 10 passes in a row 12 times all season :joy: