The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• ryan217
    2959 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    It looks like Leeds are going to go up automatically. They can put some daylight between them and 3rd with a win against Swansea.

I'm not sure on Brentford and WBA. Feel like WBA have the better squad but they have a mistake in them. They have similar level run-ins over the four games but I can't see Brentford's momentum getting slowed.

Fulham are minimum playoffs and I think with only 9pts left to play for, there's not enough of a swing to hold back Brentford and unseat either WBA/Leeds.

A win for us tomorrow would probably put us a point or two away from playoff assurance. 5th is probably a really good shout for us to finish the season barring a total collapse or some great form. We could only really get better GD than Fulham and they're 8pts off us.

As for 6th, honestly seems like no-one wants it. Cardiff lost. Can't see Derby, Blackburn or Swansea winning over the weekend. Tomorrow is a massive game for Millwall, a win for them would likely take them 8th and 2pts off Cardiff.

Honestly even Bristol City could get right back into it with a win.

I don't particularly want us to finish in the play-offs, whoever finishes 6th gets the pleasure of being humiliated by Brentford twice.
  • BrentfordFC
    13487 posts Has That Special Something
    Why do we never get goals like that Benrahma one...

Peach of a goal. It’s a delight to see this kid week in week out at home. Just hope we can keep hold of him tbh.
  • Ashy
    12324 posts Has That Special Something
    Come on Blackburn
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    Why do we never get goals like that Benrahma one...

Peach of a goal. It’s a delight to see this kid week in week out at home. Just hope we can keep hold of him tbh.

I was actually talking about the the one where Hamer jumped over the ball.
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who is this guy and what has he done with Jamie Paterson?!
  • james2060
    2995 posts National Call-Up
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Don’t know why this game has his sights set low, obviously Pep is the main target followed by Klopp

If that's what he'd do for Farke, imagine what he'd be prepared to do for those two :flushed: I'm liking his hot take that Farke will get sacked too then assuming he'd be interested in managing a league 1 side.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    The Charlton Twitter admin is bit... interesting shall we say. Pretty sure he said something to the effect of they deserved more against us in the 0-0 we had against them in January when Hector missed an absolute sitter and they had 1 Shot on Target in the whole game.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    Do find it a bit funny that conceivably Brentford's chances of Autos rest on us.
  • Ashy
    12324 posts Has That Special Something
    Do find it a bit funny that conceivably Brentford's chances of Autos rest on us.

Motivation for you, I'd rather play West Brom in the playoff final than Brentford
  • Nem
    6636 posts Big Money Move

Ahem, and QPR
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »

Motivation for you, I'd rather play West Brom in the playoff final than Brentford

Optimistic of you to assume we won't get 🎃🎃🎃🎃 housed 1-0 on Aggregate by Forest in the Semi's.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    edited July 11
    Nem wrote: »

Ahem, and QPR

You're already on Holiday. At least we're still playing for something(ish). 7 Points clear of Forest, so we're pretty much guaranteed a Home Leg second so try and win 3 out of 3 and see where it puts us.
  • AaronMFC
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bristol City were a lot better than they've been described in here. We had our chances but cant argue at all today well beaten by a much better side.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4299 posts National Call-Up
    It really is the hope that kills you. Frustrating how we could've been well established in the playoff mix, and I really believe we would've been without the break.

If I'm honest though, I'd really rather not get into the playoffs this season. I know it could and likely will be our only chance for a good few seasons, but it's just pointless without the fans. Be seething if we went up via Wembley, not being able to watch it, and then doing a Norwich next season.
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Bristol City were a lot better than they've been described in here. We had our chances but cant argue at all today well beaten by a much better side.

Honestly mate we haven’t played attacking, on the ground football like that in 18 months. Absolute night and day difference to what’s been served up for the last 2 seasons.

I can’t believe how bad Boro were defensively. Third goal was absolutely criminal and if we hadn’t got it then I’d have not fancied us to hang on at 2-1.
  • AaronMFC
    1924 posts Play-Off Hero
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    AaronMFC wrote: »

Honestly mate we haven’t played attacking, on the ground football like that in 18 months. Absolute night and day difference to what’s been served up for the last 2 seasons.

I can’t believe how bad Boro were defensively. Third goal was absolutely criminal and if we hadn’t got it then I’d have not fancied us to hang on at 2-1.

It was shocking from Fry cant believe there were rumours of 20m bids for him we definitely missed our chance to get decent money for him.
  • BrentfordFC
    13487 posts Has That Special Something

Do us proud !
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    I can’t believe that even Colin has the cheek to suggest that this is a cross :lol:

• Dizzy Bala
    3950 posts National Call-Up
    Remember the days we used to do the prediction league.
    For old times sake, give us your top 6, bottom 6 and playoff winners for the Championship.
    1. Leeds
    2. Brentford
    3. West Brom
    4. Fulham
    5. Nottm Forest
    6. Swansea
    Playoff Winner: West Brom
    1. Stoke
    2. Boro
    3. Hull
    4. Charlton
    5. Luton
    6. Barnsley
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 12
    Going for heart over head here. Would love to see Brentford pip the autos and someone new in the playoffs.

1. Leeds
    2. Brentford
    3. WBA
    4. Fulham
    5. Forest
    6. Preston

🎃🎃🎃🎃 house PNE to win the playoffs

Would love Warnock to add a relegation onto his CV but can’t see it happening. And would quite like Luton to survive, so....

19. Huddersfield
    20. Charlton
    21. Luton
    22. Stoke
    23. Hull
    24. Barnsley
  • ryan217
    2959 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 12
    1. Leeds
    2. West Brom
    3. Brentford
    4. Fulham
    5. Forest
    6. Millwall

Play-off winner: Brentford

19. Charlton
    20. Luton
    21. Stoke
    22. Huddersfield
    23. Hull
    24. Barnsley
    Post edited by ryan217 on
  • mott1993
    946 posts Semi-Pro
    1. Leeds
    2. Brentford
    3. West Brom
    4. Fulham
    5. Forest
    6. Swansea

19. Stoke
    20. Charlton
    21. Luton
    22. Huddersfield
    23. Hull
    24. Barnsley
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    edited July 12
    Leeds
    West Brom
    Brentford (P)
    Fulham
    Forest
    Millwall

Birmingham
    Stoke
    Huddersfield
    Luton
    Hull
    Barnsley

Not factoring in Wigan's (potential) points deduction of course.
  • BristolMDF
    1630 posts Play-Off Hero
    Since when is it handball if you use your shoulder?
  • Nem
    6636 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Since when is it handball if you use your shoulder?

Baffling decision.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7691 posts League Winner
    At least we don't have to deal with VAR if/when we don't get promoted.
  • dannyboy
    12919 posts Has That Special Something
    Leeds army
    Reading FC could never