The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Having an Argentinian twitter account for Bradford City is so random lmao.

Whats even more random is that we have 2

• wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Think it was too much to expect Arter to have two good games in a row.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    FFS it's Smithies in goal for a Penalty.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    What a Pen. Fair play.
  • Hicksy2011
    18842 posts World Class
    The quality of that pen almost made up for how soft it was
  • Hicksy2011
    18842 posts World Class
    edited July 2020
    Just realised the ref in this game who gave that pen is the same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ that didn’t give us our one for holding from a cross in the first leg of the play offs
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Say what you want about Lee Johnson, but him turning Bobby Reid into a 20 Goal Striker is looking like a miracle.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2020
    Say what you want about Lee Johnson, but him turning Bobby Reid into a 20 Goal Striker is looking like a miracle.

And it was a complete accident. We had failed to recruit anyone and an injury meant it was him or the tea lady.

I still can’t quite believe we got £10m for someone who 90% would have happily released on a free 12 months prior.
  • mott1993
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    BristolMDF wrote: »

And it was a complete accident. We had failed to recruit anyone and an injury meant it was him or the tea lady.

I still can’t quite believe we got £10m for someone who 90% would have happily released on a free 12 months prior.

Can the tea lady play centre mid?
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    mott1993 wrote: »
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Can the tea lady play centre mid?

I heard she is the front runner for the manager’s job. She’s used to dealing with a massive bunch of mugs.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Well that evens it out if the one in the 1st Half was soft.
  • ryan217
    2965 posts Fans' Favourite
    Refs having a mare here, gives a penalty for almost nothing and then misses that :joy:
  • Hicksy2011
    18842 posts World Class
    This ref is genuinely shocking
  • Hicksy2011
    18842 posts World Class
    Well that’s Fulham confirmed in the play offs then mathematically
    Of course there could be some serious bottling ahead of them
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Decent win in the end. Mathematically guaranteed Play-Offs, will take some effort from Forest to knock us out of having the Home Leg second. So we can just fully go for it in these last 3 games and see where we end up. Thought Hector was lucky to not be sent off in the end, was giving away some stupid fouls when he was on a Yellow.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    My hope now is we just have the attitude of nothing to lose, Parker takes the handbrake off and we just go for it. Because we quite literally have nothing to lose now.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Also feel like it's worth pointing out that as soon we got Partizan Ultra buzzcut Mitrovic back he starts bagging.
  • They Caged Non
    6494 posts Big Money Move
    Fifa wormhole for me, spent all night getting 3 wins to earn Fernandes and Mendy special cards... really fun coming up against relegator scum in Div 7/8/9 every game.

Think I’ll get back to farming again tomorrow after that lol, it feels more Yorkshire at least.

Plus I now know what it feels like when yanks complain about pairing up with horrible snide Mexicans... I get little baghead jocks all night with Celtic and Rangers badges.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Imagine playing FIFA in July.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    It looks like Leeds are going to go up automatically. They can put some daylight between them and 3rd with a win against Swansea.

I'm not sure on Brentford and WBA. Feel like WBA have the better squad but they have a mistake in them. They have similar level run-ins over the four games but I can't see Brentford's momentum getting slowed.

Fulham are minimum playoffs and I think with only 9pts left to play for, there's not enough of a swing to hold back Brentford and unseat either WBA/Leeds.

A win for us tomorrow would probably put us a point or two away from playoff assurance. 5th is probably a really good shout for us to finish the season barring a total collapse or some great form. We could only really get better GD than Fulham and they're 8pts off us.

As for 6th, honestly seems like no-one wants it. Cardiff lost. Can't see Derby, Blackburn or Swansea winning over the weekend. Tomorrow is a massive game for Millwall, a win for them would likely take them 8th and 2pts off Cardiff.

Honestly even Bristol City could get right back into it with a win.
  • mott1993
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    It looks like Leeds are going to go up automatically. They can put some daylight between them and 3rd with a win against Swansea.

I'm not sure on Brentford and WBA. Feel like WBA have the better squad but they have a mistake in them. They have similar level run-ins over the four games but I can't see Brentford's momentum getting slowed.

Fulham are minimum playoffs and I think with only 9pts left to play for, there's not enough of a swing to hold back Brentford and unseat either WBA/Leeds.

A win for us tomorrow would probably put us a point or two away from playoff assurance. 5th is probably a really good shout for us to finish the season barring a total collapse or some great form. We could only really get better GD than Fulham and they're 8pts off us.

As for 6th, honestly seems like no-one wants it. Cardiff lost. Can't see Derby, Blackburn or Swansea winning over the weekend. Tomorrow is a massive game for Millwall, a win for them would likely take them 8th and 2pts off Cardiff.

Nah our season's done pal. Even if we do win tomorrow we have Preston on the last day and we NEVER beat them
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero

Lol
  • They Caged Non
    6494 posts Big Money Move
    Imagine playing FIFA in July.

Popped up on the Xbox homepage, there are still people beavering away on ultra defensive doing drag backs, quite sad. Drew a game 0-0, people causing that need to be shot
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Well then. I've now won the World Cup and the Euros with Finland.
    qNoAoo8.png
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Why do we never get goals like that Benrahma one...
  • Hicksy2011
    18842 posts World Class

Don’t know why this game has his sights set low, obviously Pep is the main target followed by Klopp
  • Pietu
    9919 posts League Winner
    Well then. I've now won the World Cup and the Euros with Finland.
    qNoAoo8.png

Let's go!!!
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    That’s Bournemouth and Villa down.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Yeah, think these two results have just sorted the Bottom 3. Especially if Villa and Bournemouth don't win this weekend.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also if WBA and Leeds both fail to win, in reasonably tough away games, then the top 3 race could still take some interesting twists.