The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Feel like Mings would be a prime West Ham signing. Would be lucky to get 20m for him though in my opinion and didn't you spend 25+ on him?
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    Alastair wrote: »

    Hang on, how can they be based so close to Wigan and still miss that ❤️❤️❤️❤️... you can only assume they are PNE fans who hate the pie eaters and want them relegated.
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    Farlz wrote: »
    He's not as good as I thought he was tbf, I mean he's too good for the Championship but he's been a right mess at times this season

    Someone is bound to buy him though

    I mean good luck trying to get anything close to what Grealish was perceived to be worth... 80m they were talking last summer, 8 would be closer to the mark.
  • Farlz
    9601 posts League Winner
    Someone will pay like 40-50m and he'll be off
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    Farlz wrote: »
    Someone will pay like 40-50m and he'll be off

    Yeah they will, and you will be well shot imo... his attitude and general demeanour on the pitch is terrible, gonna end up as one of those never quite has been with loads of talent wasted I think.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    What I’ve noticed more and more with Grealish is he is trying to do to much. I get he’s the best player in the team and the captain and the most likely to make things happen but is many times he keeps the ball far to long trying to create something, when a simple pass could create a great chance. Be interesting to see how he does when he’s not the big fish in the small pond.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
  • Farlz
    9601 posts League Winner
    Farlz wrote: »
    Someone will pay like 40-50m and he'll be off

    Yeah they will, and you will be well shot imo... his attitude and general demeanour on the pitch is terrible, gonna end up as one of those never quite has been with loads of talent wasted I think.
    I disagree with that personally

    While I'll admit he's been nowhere near good enough since the restart, he basically dragged us through this season before it stopped. If not for him at times we'd probably be bottom with the same or less points as Norwich

    I'd expect him to fully look the part in a better side with good players around him
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Grealish will be interesting to see how he handles not being the "big fish". He might end up being a Zaha type player that is best off at a Mid-Table club where the club worships him. At Man Utd (for example) he wouldn't even be a guaranteed starter.
  • Farlz
    9601 posts League Winner
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    I'll honestly never understand why so many people were adamant you'd be going straight back down. Pretty sure I've told you before, didn't expect you so high up but definitely thought you'd stay up

    At least I got 1 thing right last summer
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    Farlz wrote: »
    Farlz wrote: »
    Someone will pay like 40-50m and he'll be off

    Yeah they will, and you will be well shot imo... his attitude and general demeanour on the pitch is terrible, gonna end up as one of those never quite has been with loads of talent wasted I think.
    I disagree with that personally

    While I'll admit he's been nowhere near good enough since the restart, he basically dragged us through this season before it stopped. If not for him at times we'd probably be bottom with the same or less points as Norwich

    I'd expect him to fully look the part in a better side with good players around him

    I just think stuff like rolling out of that party during lockdown... will he ever learn? When you compare it to Rashford getting meal vouchers sorted for poor families, the press he is getting is just all wrong. Then on the pitch he still looks to go down at every single opportunity and it just takes away from his game so much, the sad fact is United had like 5 youngsters on the pitch tonight all with better prospects than him.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    There are those players that need a better team to kick, but there are also those players that need to be the main man in the team to perform. Grealish is a Villa lad, Captain of the team and he's still doing stupid stuff.

    Can't be up to stuff like that in football today, to be on top of your game you gotta be focused.
  • Pietu
    10120 posts Has That Special Something
    Farlz wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    I'll honestly never understand why so many people were adamant you'd be going straight back down. Pretty sure I've told you before, didn't expect you so high up but definitely thought you'd stay up

    At least I got 1 thing right last summer

    Because they didn't watch the Championship, they just based their guesses on the players they have and for the fact that they are coming up so it's easy to say that they are going straight back down.
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »
    Farlz wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    I'll honestly never understand why so many people were adamant you'd be going straight back down. Pretty sure I've told you before, didn't expect you so high up but definitely thought you'd stay up

    At least I got 1 thing right last summer

    Because they didn't watch the Championship, they just based their guesses on the players they have and for the fact that they are coming up so it's easy to say that they are going straight back down.

    And this very game is the reason why most people think like that... we call them the 'fifa generation' up here, daft kids who only care about Rashford in beast mode and think teams like Boro are entitled to play like Man City. Couple that with clueless pundits who have been paid to spout the same nonsense over and over.
  • Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah the pundits are by far the worse, I can excuse some of those fans as they are American and they generally know ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all outside of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool... but the pundits are the worst.

    Garth Crooks said we played basic football, Danny mills said we play Route one (warnock still incharge apparently) and Steve Nicol said we can’t play in the premier league with our CBS turn up in the opposition box (4th best defence in the league). It’s hilarious how little research they did.
  • Pietu
    10120 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »
    Farlz wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    I'll honestly never understand why so many people were adamant you'd be going straight back down. Pretty sure I've told you before, didn't expect you so high up but definitely thought you'd stay up

    At least I got 1 thing right last summer

    Because they didn't watch the Championship, they just based their guesses on the players they have and for the fact that they are coming up so it's easy to say that they are going straight back down.

    And this very game is the reason why most people think like that... we call them the 'fifa generation' up here, daft kids who only care about Rashford in beast mode and think teams like Boro are entitled to play like Man City. Couple that with clueless pundits who have been paid to spout the same nonsense over and over.

    There is one thing Fifa is good for, knowing which forwards are fast. Other than that, it's ❤️❤️❤️❤️. The pundits should learn about teams before they talk about them but for a casual, normal fan, it's not really needed.
  • AaronMFC
    2273 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought sheffield united would finish bottom and i watched enough championship football. At best I saw them being like Cardiff and being difficult to beat but not quite good enough. Theyve surprised me massively i was also pretty sure Norwich would go down.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    There are those players that need a better team to kick, but there are also those players that need to be the main man in the team to perform. Grealish is a Villa lad, Captain of the team and he's still doing stupid stuff.

    Can't be up to stuff like that in football today, to be on top of your game you gotta be focused.

    This 100%. Grealish’s trouble is he’s far more concerned about looking the part than being it.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    English CAMs look so good and promising on paper in Grealish, Maddison and Mount, yet I feel like all are over rated and over hyped at this point :(
  • GoodnightIrene
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Phil Foden breakthrough year next season I hope for England x
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    English CAMs look so good and promising on paper in Grealish, Maddison and Mount, yet I feel like all are over rated and over hyped at this point :(

    Thing is, look at the other attacking players, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood, Sterling, Calvert-Lewin ... that’s tasty. Then players like the Ox and loftus cheek still kicking about, things are really promising for England
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Phil Foden breakthrough year next season I hope for England x

    Better than the other 3 combined
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    That being said imagine the improvement someone like Grealish could make under a world class coach if the application is right.
  • Hicksy2011
    18871 posts World Class
    Not even bothered about CAM anyway
    Admittedly I think Foden is going to be absolutely class but with all the attackers we have it’s going to be predominantly more of a 433 shape I would imagine than a 4231
    Just need some decent champions league levels players in there rather than world class
  • AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
    New home kit been released today, quite like it tbh
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Decent team out today to be fair. I was hoping for a bit more rotation over the next 4 games though so we have as many players at a good level for the Play-Offs as possible. We could end up overcooking Harrison Reed for example.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Having an Argentinian twitter account for Bradford City is so random lmao.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    We have a really random Swedish fan club for some reason
Sign In or Register to comment.