• BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    All Oxford aren't we?
  • iHilarious
    13584 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Play offs tonight then
    Dreading it
    Dreading it slightly less than I normally would because I’m guessing this nice tippy tappy football that Oxford like to play is going to be hampered quite badly by not having played any games
    Just as long as the team that gets promoted is from our semi, the other two can ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off

We’ve played both Fulham & Reading - our tippy tappy football is going to be in full flow ;)
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator
    @Alex_cr i think
    Alex something

Ah thanks. Will see if it is him.

They've released Andy Williams. He's a Hereford lad and I'm wondering if he's been released because he's not League 1 ability or that they would have released him anyway. I'd love it if he returned to Hereford to finish his career but I suspect that might be a season or two away as he's only 33.
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    I'd say a bit of both there, he'd only be a backup for them in league one and he'll be on a decent contract I'd guess.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Really glad for Mcburnie and Berge last couple of games they have been excellent and shown the talent they have. Got a fair bit of stick this season due to their price tag but can definitely see them being the future of the club. Reckon Berge could be a huge player in the future.
    I still think it's mad you got Berge. I know he wasn't cheap but he definitely could have been one for the future for almost any team on the planet, a real snag for a team of your level despite your league performance.

I assume he sees it as a chance to become a key player at a prem club for a few years before he inveitably gets sold on for 40-50M to one of the big boys, the bloke is class now let alone in a few years time with more experience.
  • iHilarious
    james2060 wrote: »
    I'd say a bit of both there, he'd only be a backup for them in league one and he'll be on a decent contract I'd guess.

On 3k according to FM
  • Hicksy2011
    18871 posts World Class
    Looks like Wigan have been scammed in to admin much like we were
    Bloody hell how have the EFL let this happen again
  • Alastair
    10263 posts Moderator

That makes sense. My thoughts were pretty much that.
    iHilarious wrote: »

On 3k according to FM

Yeah, we're not affording that. :lol:

Hopefully he'll come in 12 months time or something then.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Going to be a grandstand finish. Vive le Vanarama.

def6a298825106edf1f480bd9dea5c13.png
  • NornIron
    15339 posts World Class
    Since the pubs are reopening,
    The auld boy is plucking up the courage to say something'' but then forgets'' Next guy he's gone '' He's on the moon'' then the wee fella .

Sykes not starting damn hopefully comes on.

• Lard_Lad
    12757 posts Has That Special Something
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Really glad for Mcburnie and Berge last couple of games they have been excellent and shown the talent they have. Got a fair bit of stick this season due to their price tag but can definitely see them being the future of the club. Reckon Berge could be a huge player in the future.
    I still think it's mad you got Berge. I know he wasn't cheap but he definitely could have been one for the future for almost any team on the planet, a real snag for a team of your level despite your league performance.

I assume he sees it as a chance to become a key player at a prem club for a few years before he inveitably gets sold on for 40-50M to one of the big boys, the bloke is class now let alone in a few years time with more experience.

Yeah I have no idea how we got him, clearly no one was interested at the time. Seen a few spurs fans saying they should have got him.

He already seems to be buying into the club and settling down well, hopefully more signings like this can follow. I’m sure he’ll move on to bigger things but should be for a very nice few.
  • Farlz
    9601 posts League Winner

What a mess. The EFL really don't give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited July 2020
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Play offs tonight then
    Dreading it
    Dreading it slightly less than I normally would because I’m guessing this nice tippy tappy football that Oxford like to play is going to be hampered quite badly by not having played any games
    Just as long as the team that gets promoted is from our semi, the other two can ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off

We’ve played both Fulham & Reading - our tippy tappy football is going to be in full flow ;)

What was the score when we played you? And what are the chances we got Dickie signed up while he was there?
  • Hicksy2011
    18871 posts World Class
    Bryniesta gets his first start in 18 months
    Like the look of the midfield, don’t like the look of the defence
    Think Oxford are just a horrible match for us in terms of play style so it’s going to be difficult to pick any team that makes me genuinely confident
    Lee Brown must have some dirt on Jackett, bloke is our third best LB and he is starting as captain
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2020
    'Kinell lads, talk about down to the wire.

Final game of the season, I'm home to 23rd placed Chorley while Notts are at home to 8th placed Solihull Moors.

Get ready for a bottle of Johnsonesque magnitude

5c03ec0b49f793a1e7585bc73634197a.png

EDIT: UP THE ❤️❤️❤️❤️ GULLS

6f3010c26ff510dfaa122a7d524b766d.png

• Hicksy2011
    18871 posts World Class
    Also lol if after all my moaning about Jacketball the one time you guys all get to watch it we actually try and get it down and play :joy:
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Come on Pompey!
  • Hicksy2011
    18871 posts World Class
    Decent start
    Probably should have had a pen for handball but tbf it was a tough one to actually see/give
    Can feel them building momentum though
  • They Caged Non
    6496 posts Big Money Move
    Farlz wrote: »

Absolutely ridiculous
  • Lard_Lad
    Big fan of all centre halves being massive
  • Hicksy2011
    18871 posts World Class
    Imagine my shock the neutral managers both saying we should have had 2 pens, this is literally every play offs for us
    In fairness the second one would have been a bit harsh personally, but the first one was ball on actually hand for a goal bound ball 6 yards out, with the hand above his head
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Farlz wrote: »

If only there was some sort of test in place to determine whether someone was a Fit and Proper candidate to own a Football club. Shame really, the EFL should look at bringing something like that in.
  • iHilarious
    I’ll take that
  • Hicksy2011
    18871 posts World Class
    Yeh that’s alright
    Pretty happy with that performance, about the best we’ve played in recent times against a decent side
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Yeh that’s alright
    Pretty happy with that performance, about the best we’ve played in recent times against a decent side

It's also the only time you've played in recent times to be fair.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    It is funny with the L1 Play-Offs because I'm usually thinking about what Away games I can do out of them, but who knows when Away days will be back on the table.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Lively start to this Fleetwood game...
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Lively start to this Fleetwood game...
  • Lard_Lad
    Super Ched scoring I see