The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• They Caged Non
    6495 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Does that mean they are 10 points deducted then?

All about you isn’t it.

Haha no because the form they are in they will just get above us again anyway, but certainly changes the dynamic of the table if they get them.

Read somewhere else it will be next season as Hicksy says above though.
  • AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    12 points
    If they somehow get relegated without the point deduction then they get them next year
    If they stay up they get them this year
    So won’t be sorted until after the season ends

This points deduction better not stop Hudders getting relegated. Its the only positive of 2020 so far if they go down.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Do feel for Wigan. Form they’ve been on they could have had a go at Top 6 next season if they’d carried the momentum through.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    And I know I’m going to get the posh jokes, but the only thing I like with my Chips are Frangos (not Nando’s) Spicy Sauce. But the Frangos in Kingston has closed now so that’s off the table.

And not to drown them in, but having a Bearnaise off to the side to dip is elite level.
  • They Caged Non
    And I know I’m going to get the posh jokes, but the only thing I like with my Chips are Frangos (not Nando’s) Spicy Sauce. But the Frangos in Kingston has closed now so that’s off the table.

And not to drown them in, but having a Bearnaise off to the side to dip is elite level.

GTFO

• Pietu
    9947 posts League Winner
    First of all, they aren't called chips, they are called french fries and second of all, you eat them with ketchup
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Fries and Chips are different. Fries are long(ish) and thin. Chips are thick.
  • Jboom98
    716 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Does that mean they are 10 points deducted then?

All about you isn’t it.

Hahaha :D
  • They Caged Non
    Pietu wrote: »
    First of all, they aren't called chips, they are called french fries and second of all, you eat them with ketchup

French fries lol, yeah if you're at McDonalds maybe.
  • They Caged Non
    @wheelerdeeler im genuinely going to our local chippy tonight to ask them for some Bearnaise sauce with my chips, just to see if one of them tries to stick the nut on me.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    @wheelerdeeler im genuinely going to our local chippy tonight to ask them for some Bearnaise sauce with my chips, just to see if one of them tries to stick the nut on me.

It's honestly top, top tier. Discovered completely accidentally when I was on holiday in France and I ordered Steak and Chips and the sauce came with it.

As the saying goes, don't knock it until you try it.
  • Pietu
    9947 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »

French fries lol, yeah if you're at McDonalds maybe.

Nah, they are called french fries ;)
  • They Caged Non

It's honestly top, top tier. Discovered completely accidentally when I was on holiday in France and I ordered Steak and Chips and the sauce came with it.

As the saying goes, don't knock it until you try it.

Haha ill let you into a secret, im a bit of a foody on the sly, even with my Northerness and disgusting eating habits... ive already done such a task and yes it was good, im more of a peppercorn or diane sauce fan though.

I think the general conclusion is, anything that resembles a sauce consistency will taste good on the end of a piece of fried potato, its probably easier to name one that wouldnt, i dont think such a thing exists.
  • Dandingooo
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    Question for all you living in England. Do your chip shops sell stuff besides fish and chips/pies?

I live in Ireland and they do so much stuff, like burgers, chicken burgers, chicken nuggets/strips, battered sausages etc. Moving to England in September and was scoping out the food and from what I’ve seen they don’t have nearly as much options.

Went to America this last school year and missed chippies/Chinese so much, being home I feel like I’m gonna be missing more options come September
  • They Caged Non
    Dandingooo wrote: »
    Question for all you living in England. Do your chip shops sell stuff besides fish and chips/pies?

I live in Ireland and they do so much stuff, like burgers, chicken burgers, chicken nuggets/strips, battered sausages etc. Moving to England in September and was scoping out the food and from what I’ve seen they don’t have nearly as much options.

Went to America this last school year and missed chippies/Chinese so much, being home I feel like I’m gonna be missing more options come September

Depends mate, quite a few are owned by Asians or Chinese people now so are basically doubled up as either a curry house, chinese, kebab shop etc.

Our local 'British' chippy sells stuff like battered spam fritters, sausages, cheese melts, bean melts etc... but some ultra traditional ones just do fish and chips and tend to be mega busy as they are usually the best.
  • They Caged Non
    We went to our friends last weekend for a socially distanced drink and some food, ordered in from a local restaurant, this is the famous Teesside Parmo with chips and salad. After basically living on home cooked food for the last 4 months (and doing all the cooking of said food) this was possibly one of the best meals ive ever had haha, being nailed on IPA helped too of course.

8v6CRpr.jpg
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited July 2020
  • Dizzy Bala
    3970 posts National Call-Up
    Chicken and Mushroom Pie or maybe a Savaloy Sausage, chips.. then maybe either gravy or curry sauce, LAVELY.
  • They Caged Non

Looks decent that like, there is a row of shops behind our high street up here that basically cover all that but at 4 different venues.
  • Dandingooo

Depends mate, quite a few are owned by Asians or Chinese people now so are basically doubled up as either a curry house, chinese, kebab shop etc.

Our local 'British' chippy sells stuff like battered spam fritters, sausages, cheese melts, bean melts etc... but some ultra traditional ones just do fish and chips and tend to be mega busy as they are usually the best.

Noticed that about the pizza places, never seen so many selling Indian food. Our kebab shops sell pizzas, but I barely see any dedicated pizza shops whereas we’d have a lot.

Unsure if I’ll like the food in Leeds.
  • NornIron
    15274 posts World Class
    Just incase anyone wants to see what real food looks like. Best near me ''with in 5Mile'' and probably one of the best in N.I.
    https://g.co/kgs/R44RSV

Also we probably do the best Chinese too.
  • Dandingooo
    NornIron wrote: »
    Just incase anyone wants to see what real food looks like. Best near me ''with in 5Mile'' and probably one of the best in N.I.

Agreed on chinese. Can’t beat salted chilli chicken
  • NornIron
    15274 posts World Class
    NornIron wrote: »

Agreed on chinese. Can’t beat salted chilli chicken

Yeah unreal, I forgot to mention Chicken goujons with spicy dip from the chippy.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Good goal by Rooney for Wayne Rooney's Derby County.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    This thread is making me hungry.

And it’s got to be said that thin, skin on or only semi skinned, European fries are SO much better than the thick chips you get in an English chippy.
  • They Caged Non

Noticed that about the pizza places, never seen so many selling Indian food. Our kebab shops sell pizzas, but I barely see any dedicated pizza shops whereas we’d have a lot.

Unsure if I’ll like the food in Leeds.

You will be absolutely spot on in Leeds mate, thousands of places to get food.

Burgers are normally sold in kebab shops with pizzas over here, then you get all the usual Chinese etc but down there they will have loads of Caribbean places and Middle Eastern stuff that’s unreal.
  • Hicksy2011
    18845 posts World Class
    edited July 2020
    Derby look good
    I can’t quite believe that if Clarke gets to the Prem next year (with Brighton or otherwise) our back 4 we had at one point in league 2 of Freeman, Clarke, Webster, Stevens will all be playing in the Prem
    Now you understand why I was fuming that Cook didn’t get that team promoted in the first year :joy:
    In fact 10 of that team are now in the championship or higher and that’s not including the 4/5 that would be in the championship if we get promoted next year
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ok I’m finally coming out the closet on here....I’m a massive foodie and love cooking.

Some recent work....

DC10033-F-2603-4372-8-D88-DD06-AB3-C6-BF2.jpg
  • They Caged Non

And it’s got to be said that thin, skin on or only semi skinned, European fries are SO much better than the thick chips you get in an English chippy.

I will agree with that but I don’t think chip shop chips are the benchmark of thick chips, get them in a proper restaurant cooked right and they are unreal
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero

I will agree with that but I don’t think chip shop chips are the benchmark of thick chips, get them in a proper restaurant cooked right and they are unreal

Very true.