The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    the problem with weighted PPG is where do you stop
    if you take home/away in to account why arent you taking difficulty of opponent
    but then what about recent form because some teams got stronger in January
    then you have teams like us and Oxford who have played loads of cups and been distracted that finally just get to focus on the league
    massive rabbit hole

We would’ve gone up Auto based on weighted PPG - even after playing 13 cup games this season :lol:
  • They Caged Non
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    At least this discussion has brought the forum back to life:)
  • Rulistening
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kingy wrote: »
    @Rulistening

Col U v Cheltenham at Wembley potentially. Doesn't get much bigger than that.

The movable object vs the stoppable force, what a contest.
  • Alastair
    10264 posts Moderator

Stupid EFL giving us football to talk about. I was just getting ready to suggest the great EFL Lounge Condiment debate Round 3(?).
  • iHilarious
    Mayo
  • They Caged Non
    Alastair wrote: »

Stupid EFL giving us football to talk about. I was just getting ready to suggest the great EFL Lounge Condiment debate Round 3(?).

Haha ill talk about anything food related all day long... we had fish and chips delivered last night and i got a battered haggis, was definitely a winner, i didnt eat it all at first so finished it cold and dipped in curry sauce, equally as good.
  • Alastair
    10264 posts Moderator
    Alastair wrote: »

Haha ill talk about anything food related all day long... we had fish and chips delivered last night and i got a battered haggis, was definitely a winner, i didnt eat it all at first so finished it cold and dipped in curry sauce, equally as good.

Battered haggis sounds good tbf.

I had curry ketchup for the first time last night. That was amazing.
  • They Caged Non
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Mayo

Yeah its up there like, chips and mayo is one of lifes luxury's... alioli as an addition to standard mayo is just ridiculous, i reckon i could swim in that.
  • AaronMFC
    2307 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mayo is vile
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Mayo is vile

Behave
  • AaronMFC
    Mayo is vile

Behave

Pretty much cant get a meal deal sandwich anywhere cos of the stuff.
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class
    Mayo has grown on me
    Mayo on a chicken burger at 4am after a night out is wonderful
  • They Caged Non
    Mayo is vile

Behave

Haha yeah i didnt think of that, thats a bit crap... can you not even have it with like savoury cheese etc where you cant taste it?
  • They Caged Non
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Mayo has grown on me
    Mayo on a chicken burger at 4am after a night out is wonderful

yeah and probably a lot better than pizza and Kebab etc that just seems to make your hangover 20 times worse.
  • They Caged Non
    We need a shout out to horseradish sauce too, probably like Marmite to most people but i love it.
  • AaronMFC
    Mayo is vile

Behave

Haha yeah i didnt think of that, thats a bit crap... can you not even have it with like savoury cheese etc where you cant taste it?

Tbh the sainsburys that is close to work does a decent bacon sandwich with just tomato sauce so havent tried the mild mayo sandwiches.
  • They Caged Non
    Mayo is vile

Behave

Tbh the sainsburys that is close to work does a decent bacon sandwich with just tomato sauce so havent tried the mild mayo sandwiches.

We have a canteen at work but i try and avoid spending too much time in there, id be 16 clem without even trying if i did.
  • AaronMFC
    Mayo is vile

Behave

We have a canteen at work but i try and avoid spending too much time in there, id be 16 clem without even trying if i did.

i always work evenings so the canteen is sadly shut id be a lot happier eating there instead of meal deals. At first it was constant takeaways but managed to gain more control over time.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    We need a shout out to horseradish sauce too, probably like Marmite to most people but i love it.

Something wrong with people who can enjoy roast beef without horseradish.
  • iHilarious
    L1 playoffs announced for 3rd & 6th July - Oxford v Pompey early kick-off
  • NornIron
    15399 posts World Class
    Two at Oxford test positive for the virus,
    Talking about the virus its on the rise again.
  • iHilarious
    NornIron wrote: »
    Two at Oxford test positive for the virus,
    Talking about the virus its on the rise again.

Just came in to post this

I guess we start at 2-2 at Fratton? :tongue:@hicksy2011
  • They Caged Non
    BristolMDF wrote: »

I use it as a dip for Doritos... hardcore dipping. Just avoid the Tesco own brand stuff as literally comes out through your nose its so harsh.
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class

I use it as a dip for Doritos... hardcore dipping. Just avoid the Tesco own brand stuff as literally comes out through your nose its so harsh.

Hm
    This really has me reconsidering whether I should ever open this thread again
    Horseradish on Doritos
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah I’m not gonna lie mate, I relate to a lot of what you say, but I’m not having horseradish on Doritos.
  • mott1993
    962 posts Semi-Pro

2aa.jpg
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    @mott1993 what are you doing about your ST? Streams or refund?

I was all set to take the streams but the way they’ve gone about everything makes me want to tell them to FO.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    There's literally no reason for any Fulham fan to take the streaming option. We're already at 3/5 games on Sky after the Forest game was announced today.

I took the full refund option. Because we don't know what the situation will be like for next season and Season Tickets either.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    There's literally no reason for any Fulham fan to take the streaming option. We're already at 3/5 games on Sky after the Forest game was announced today.

I took the full refund option. Because we don't know what the situation will be like for next season and Season Tickets either.

We’re getting home and away streaming if we choose to forego a refund. Think my refund would be about £75, so £8 a game, but 2/9 are on Sky anyway and I’d not see the away games regardless if I was going to games as normal, so tempted to be a cheap ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and take the cash tbh.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited June 2020

We’re getting home and away streaming if we choose to forego a refund. Think my refund would be about £75, so £8 a game, but 2/9 are on Sky anyway and I’d not see the away games regardless if I was going to games as normal, so tempted to be a cheap ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and take the cash tbh.

For me the streaming option is the worst one of the 4 I think all clubs were offering. In the situation we're in we're going to end up on Sky a decent number of times. We're already up to 3, so at the absolute maximum I'd be "paying" for 6 games and with the last couple they're either going to be complete nothing games if we can't catch the top two which means they won't be on TV, we'll be resting players and the games won't even be worth watching- or games that actually mean something which of course means they're about 95% likely to be televised.

Plus they still might be doing the SSN thing where they show goals as they go in, and maybe Red Button games. Don't think they've said anything about that yet. If they don't I'll just end up watching Soccer Special/Saturday anyway.