The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• They Caged Non
    6500 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Is there any other way to be in Wigan?

I’m fairness it’s a great away game, we got looked after properly well by them, had our own bar under the stand with pie and peas etc.
  • They Caged Non
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    The thing is, the whole point of football is to play until the final whistle right?
    I think you have to finish the season and I think you have to finish it with an audience when it's safe to do so. Anything else is unsportsmanlike in my book.

Completely agree. They seem to be needlessly over complicating it.

Resume the season when it’s safe to do and if it takes 5 years to cycle back round to a ‘first week in August’ start date then so be it.

Do they ever do anything else though? I watched a doc on Heisel recently and the way they dealt with it afterwards was farcical and nothing has changed since.. just a load of rich middle aged white men sat in a room smoking cigars and having zero idea whatsoever about how the real world operates.

Adrian Bevington didn’t last 6 months coming back to the Boro.. and in a now deleted interview they asked Woodgate about him and his response was ‘sometimes silence says a thousand words’... just another crank who should be banished from football like the rest.

I’ve got one other thing to say about how much of a farce they make everything, VAR
  • AtomicOdin
    1209 posts Professional
    If this does happen what will happen with Bolton and Macc, both been deducted points this season as punishment for breaking the rules. But with no relegation neither team would have really been punished.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    AtomicOdin wrote: »
    If this does happen what will happen with Bolton and Macc, both been deducted points this season as punishment for breaking the rules. But with no relegation neither team would have really been punished.

Surely gotta roll that over into the new season if you have no relegations.
  • GoodnightIrene
    4194 posts National Call-Up
    Macclesfield would almost certainly be on course to get another points deduction naturally anyhow, especially now with the current financial situation of COVID.

As for ending the season now, I'm not saying ending it now is the right decision or not, but if they do then it has to be done on a PPG basis, how can it not be?

You can argue Wycombe have had terrible form for the last 10 or whatever games and they probably wouldn't make the playoffs, but statistically, they've had the 3rd best season in League One regardless of when they had all their wins.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Just when I thought we'd gone a season without playing Wycombe...
  • james2060
    3007 posts National Call-Up
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    The thing is, the whole point of football is to play until the final whistle right?
    I think you have to finish the season and I think you have to finish it with an audience when it's safe to do so. Anything else is unsportsmanlike in my book.

If they have to cancel the 2020/2021 season to make room for the fixtures, then so be it.

These are my thoughts too, I can't understand why people are pushing for this season to be cancelled when next season will be effected too. Finish this season when it's safe to do so, and figure the following seasons when this season is finished.

I know I'm biased as we'd have finished in the top 6 and PPG will knock us to 7th, but why is the a rush to return to 'normal'? If they return to June as is being outlined, imagine if only one person tests positive and how many people that potentially spread to when you're playing 3 games a week.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    Embarrassing seeing the rubbish PL clubs whine about how relegation should be scrapped. You’ve been ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all season, if you’re still ❤️❤️❤️❤️ after all the games have been played then get the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ down.
  • They Caged Non
    Embarrassing seeing the rubbish PL clubs whine about how relegation should be scrapped. You’ve been ❤️❤️❤️❤️ all season, if you’re still ❤️❤️❤️❤️ after all the games have been played then get the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ down.

Not as embarrassing as when they celebrate scraping survival every season like they have won the league because money to spend on overpriced rubbish players is more important than competing in a fair competition.
  • Alastair
    10264 posts Moderator
    EFL cards still being in packs over the weekend. Guess I'm not done after all. Begging EA, just give me Rodak.

We all know you really work for EA @Alastair put a word in for me.
    tenor.gif
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Alastair wrote: »
    EFL cards still being in packs over the weekend. Guess I'm not done after all. Begging EA, just give me Rodak.

tenor.gif

Just know that it's all your fault.
  • Alastair
    10264 posts Moderator
    Alastair wrote: »

tenor.gif

Just know that it's all your fault.
    why-always-me-gif.gif
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited May 2020
    Thought I'd do the Prem TOTS SBC for a laugh and then when I got Dean Henderson I could be completely done with the game... Would've still rather I packed Rodak or Mitrovic mind.
    Ulkupmj.png
  • AaronMFC
    2311 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thought I'd do the Prem TOTS SBC for a laugh and then when I got Dean Henderson I could be completely done with the game... Would've still rather I packed Rodak or Mitrovic mind.
    Ulkupmj.png

This inspired me until I saw the 88 squad rating, packed dean henderson doing a prem upgrade the other day at least.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Ulkupmj.png

This inspired me until I saw the 88 squad rating, packed dean henderson doing a prem upgrade the other day at least.

I could do it just with players in my club, so as I said thought I'd do it for a laugh expecting Dean Henderson and then I'd be all "Yep, that's a sign I should be done with this game".
  • mott1993
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    Ulkupmj.png

I got Vardy from mine, after packing Mahrez yesterday
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    This is my team now. Not actually playing games anymore and just card collecting so I'll just see what Centre-Backs/Keepers come out over the next couple of weeks. Going to see how much the TOTS Alphonso Davies is as well. Hoping not too much because he's Canadian and Bundesliga.
    N3SaMYu.png
  • They Caged Non
    This is my team now. Not actually playing games anymore and just card collecting so I'll just see what Centre-Backs/Keepers come out over the next couple of weeks. Going to see how much the TOTS Alphonso Davies is as well. Hoping not too much because he's Canadian and Bundesliga.
    N3SaMYu.png

Nice team that like mate, ive been geeking up on Farming Sim 19 for the last few weeks so not touched Fifa at all.
  • BristolMDF
    1718 posts Play-Off Hero
    N3SaMYu.png

Nice team that like mate, ive been geeking up on Farming Sim 19 for the last few weeks so not touched Fifa at all.

What a nerd, who'd do that :#
  • Farlz
    9618 posts League Winner
    AWB in my guaranteed sbc yesterday (he's ridiculously good) and Hamdallah/Robbo in my red picks today, not the most exciting but at least I wasn't stuck with Dean Hendo or something
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    What's more unrealistic here? Kettering 2nd in the Championship or Derby not bottling it.
    xobeWQY.png
  • AaronMFC
    2311 posts Fans' Favourite
    Managed to scramble enough together for the prem sbc of course i get a duplicate henderson. Ridiculous for an 88 squad i have genuinely got nothing.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    What's more unrealistic here? Kettering 2nd in the Championship or Derby not bottling it.
    xobeWQY.png

... about the Derby thing.
    4kiyUX8.png
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    edited May 2020
    xobeWQY.png

... about the Derby thing.
    4kiyUX8.png

Yep. Also, Up the Kett.
    pH7Qlyq.png
  • Hicksy2011
    18901 posts World Class
    I imagine a 47 year old Richard Keogh got sent off on the final day
  • wheelerdeeler
    7719 posts League Winner
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I imagine a 47 year old Richard Keogh got sent off on the final day

Lost to Brentford in the Play-Offs as well. It's in their DNA. Wonder if they've coded the game that way.
  • mott1993
    962 posts Semi-Pro
    mott1993 wrote: »
    Ulkupmj.png

I got Vardy from mine, after packing Mahrez yesterday

Since packed AWB, Trent and Auba from upgrades today (and Kante but he won't get into my team)
  • iHilarious
    13589 posts Has That Special Something
    I’ve just seen that - apparently done on a weighted PPG model that would send us up?