The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Lard_Lad
    12618 posts Has That Special Something
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    we beat one of these teams 3-0 and lost 3-0 to the other guess which way round.

The we were just **** for 20 mins against you and we hadn’t started the season that great.
  • AaronMFC
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    we beat one of these teams 3-0 and lost 3-0 to the other guess which way round.

The we were just **** for 20 mins against you and we hadn’t started the season that great.

Im not predicting a repeat on Wednesday.
  • Apollo
    14943 posts World Class
    Villa :o
  • wheelerdeeler
    6081 posts Big Money Move
    Might have spoken too soon. Have to laugh at all the Villa fans that you could see leaving now. Same thing happened with the Brighton game last Tuesday.
  • Lard_Lad
    Henderson has been class all season then two huge mistakes
  • AaronMFC
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thats a stonewall penalty.
  • Lard_Lad
    That’s a pen
  • Karlos
    24301 posts Club Captain
    State of these officials. They’re not even this bad in League 2.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3681 posts National Call-Up
    Championship referees are a special breed lmao
  • wheelerdeeler
    Scenes.
  • Karlos
    24301 posts Club Captain
    Scenes.

• Apollo
    14943 posts World Class
    Villa wow! Cracking end to the game
  • Hicksy2011
    13102 posts Has That Special Something
    ANdreeeeeee
    All he did here was score late winners, he’s **** pre 93rd minute
  • AaronMFC
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only got in for the second half some game this
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited February 8
    Karlos wrote: »
    State of these officials. They’re not even this bad in League 2.

There probably is a few decent refs in League Two, because they will be young ones who haven't been promoted up the leagues yet.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Championship's just a mental league. Genuinely looking forward to being back in the madhouse next season.
  • Lard_Lad
    Embarrassing, genuuinly **** awful at the end there
  • GoodnightIrene
    3352 posts National Call-Up
    Standard carnage ensues
  • Lard_Lad
    Defenders should be shamed of themselves
  • wheelerdeeler
    Don't know if it's because Villa have been awful, but Sheffield Utd look like the real deal based on this. Thought there was a bit of naivety to them last season, especially in the games against us but that's seemingly gone.

About that...
  • Apollo
    14943 posts World Class
    Did the Sheffield United defender just say to the keeper, "this is on you"? I know he messed up but you keep that sort of thing behind closed doors, lacks class that if he did
  • AaronMFC
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 8
    Apollo wrote: »
    Did the Sheffield United defender just say to the keeper, "this is on you"? I know he messed up but you keep that sort of thing behind closed doors, lacks class that if he did

It looked that way cant be good for team morale.
  • Lard_Lad

That’s what we’re about though, if the character isn’t strong enough they don’t play. Should some of the interviews wilder gave last season, slating the team and players. If your mentally not strong enough you don’t wear the shirt.
  • Lard_Lad
    Fair play to villa, more than deserved it at the end. We were so comfortable for 70 mins, two awful mistakes from Henderson then just sloppy defending, extremity uncharacteristic and it’s all about next Wednesday now.
  • Apollo
    14943 posts World Class

It looked that way cant be good for team morale.

Agreed, thought the same.

That’s what we’re about though, if the character isn’t strong enough they don’t play. Should some of the interviews wilder gave last season, slating the team and players. If your mentally not strong enough you don’t wear the shirt.

If that's what the club is like then that's one thing, but you deal with it behind closed doors surely, kicking off at the keeper while on the pitch with the cameras about is a pretty **** thing to do
  • Handy Andy
    5761 posts Big Money Move
    Mings **** sake man
  • Lard_Lad
    At the end of the day that is on him, we were comfortable till his mistake. Why sugar coat it, he’s a cocky **** and loves it when we win and he’s made great saves ( I love this about him) but if he wants to be cocky and a big persona he’s gonna have to learn that it could bite him in the arse.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    edited February 8
    Don’t worry lads I’ve not gone anywhere. It’s been a little while so here goes...

Dean Henderson is England’s future number one and the best keeper in the championship right now

:trollface:
  • Apollo
    14943 posts World Class
    :D

Anyone in here left their team's ground before the end of a game before? For footballing reasons only I mean, other factors could be understandable.