The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    6181 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2
    Cyrus Christie got so much abuse after his performance today he deleted his twitter. It's hard to be angry with him to be fair, we knew Fredericks was off a year ago when we signed Christie, and since then we've had the whole summer and the whole of January to try and sign someone better and we ended up with Fosu-Mensah (who Tony Khan turned Montoya down to sign, nice one Tony) who's somehow worse.

But still, he got dropped by Pulis at Boro when we signed him, and he's somehow ended up more or less starting a whole PL campaign.
  • Farlz
    8513 posts League Winner
    lool as if Mings intentionally stood on his head get a grip
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4169 posts National Call-Up
    Farlz wrote: »

It does look a bit suspect, especially given he's had previous stamping incidents.
  • Handy Andy
    5771 posts Big Money Move
    Good to see the neutrals calling out Mings for what it was, was deliberate for me. Defo could have got out of the way

Good point considering we were pretty terrible in the 2nd half. Abraham is a class act though
  • Handy Andy
    5771 posts Big Money Move
    Farlz wrote: »

He has previous ...
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Feel like pure **** just want Karanka back
  • Dizzy Bala
    3688 posts National Call-Up
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    But you were **** with him and your **** without him. I’d get it if he was a decent manager and you’d played great football but your ****?
    Not even gunna go there lmao

I mean you spent a **** ton and are no way near, am I wrong?
    I am pleased that after 14 games, you know have the confidence to pipe up and say something.

0cb70b60520e09b8a1e42e8c7d5bf771.gif
  • Lard_Lad
    12630 posts Has That Special Something
    But you were **** with him and your **** without him. I’d get it if he was a decent manager and you’d played great football but your ****?
    Not even gunna go there lmao

I mean you spent a **** ton and are no way near, am I wrong?
    I am pleased that after 14 games, you know have the confidence to pipe up and say something.

0cb70b60520e09b8a1e42e8c7d5bf771.gif

Pretty sure I ‘piped up’ earlier in the season when you had an idiotic comment about how spending money means your better and that we hadn’t spent any and then we went and thrashed Villa 4-1. Are you not embarrassed that we rotted away in league 1 came up, spent nothing and finished above you. Then you spent a **** ton, again we spent **** all and we’re gonna finish above you again.
  • Alastair
    10077 posts Moderator
    Did anyone have Sheffield United v Nottingham Forest for most bizarre forum fight in the 2019 Predictions?
  • james2060
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lard would start a fight with a lamppost, it could've been anyone.
  • Lard_Lad
    12630 posts Has That Special Something
    james2060 wrote: »

I’m not starting any fights here, it’s just some members of this forum have an air of arrogance and think they’re club have a right to promotion cause they’ve spent money.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3431 posts National Call-Up

I’m not starting any fights here, it’s just some members of this forum have an air of arrogance and think they’re club have a right to promotion cause they’ve spent money.
    Bala literally just said he missed Karanka and you've managed to take so much underlying context from it that no one can see but yourself.
  • Karlos
    24316 posts Club Captain

#Seething
  • ryan217
    2889 posts Fans' Favourite

Just when you think you can't love Warnock more :joy:
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    ryan217 wrote: »

Is a thing that no one has ever said.
  • They Caged Non
    4705 posts National Call-Up
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

Worst thing is there are people on Facebook saying he wouldn’t say it to Linekers face.. aye alright then like nobody would tell that crank to **** off.

• HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Lost to Brackley :s
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

Worst thing is there are people on Facebook saying he wouldn’t say it to Linekers face.. aye alright then like nobody would tell that crank to **** off.

Very few men I despise more than Gary Lineker. Proper weird bloke. Grovelling to Germany asking to 'still be friends after Brexit' is incredibly strange, he either needs to stick to football or stick to politics, pick one and stay there. Preferably politics so I don't have to see his **** ugly mug on MoTD any longer.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3431 posts National Call-Up
    The music just makes it worse imo x
  • Dizzy Bala
    Pretty sure I ‘piped up’ earlier in the season when you had an idiotic comment about how spending money means your better and that we hadn’t spent any and then we went and thrashed Villa 4-1. Are you not embarrassed that we rotted away in league 1 came up, spent nothing and finished above you. Then you spent a **** ton, again we spent **** all and we’re gonna finish above you again.
    Yes, then you were second in the league, came to our place and we beat you. Then you didn't even so much as whisper about Forest for two months. I think i even said how well organised you guys were or something complimentary like that.

I said Sheffield United won't get promoted because they can't spend what the other teams up can and I still believe that because it's logical to think that. There are exceptions of course i.e Norwich, Sheff U and Bristol City being Top 6 and Villa/Stoke being mid-table but then football is still a sport, albeit it a business based sport. A lot of people backed Forest for promotion this year at the start, including people in this thread. You know why? Because we'd spent £££. Same reason they backed Stoke.

What we spend doesn't make a difference to me, I'm not an accountant. I'd rather we were in the playoffs but come May, if you aren't promoted or relegated, finishing 3rd or 13th doesn't really make a difference.
    Arrogance? Like Leon Clarke being the best player in the Championship or was it John Fleck or Dean Hammond? I forget in my old age.

You are the Steve Evans of the thread Lard.
  • They Caged Non
    4705 posts National Call-Up
    Modern football when a Sheff Utd and a Forest fan are arguing over who is the most deluded :D
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    Handbags, ladies. Just in time for the biggest handbags sporting event of the year.
  • Karlos
    24316 posts Club Captain
    264b315600e59ce9651b1e146497f6e5.gif

Watch this without laughing.
  • Dizzy Bala
    During the 1983/84 season the Forest squad flew to the Middle East 4 times to play matches.

According to Paul Hart, in the latest Reservoir Red Dogs Podcast, this was done to earn money to help pay wages because the clubs financial state was pretty critical. He quotes a typical trip when Clough notified the players his intention was to play in Iraq and at that time they were still at war with Iran - Basra was still under Iranian occupation. Paul went to see BC and said he was uncomfortable with the trip and asked him if he was aware that they were still at war. BC told him to take his tin hat!

We played Arsenal on the Saturday, flew to Iraq on the Sunday, played a game in Baghdad on Monday and another on Thursday, flew back to London on Friday. On Saturday they played again in the League!
    That's actually mental, you'd never get teams doing that these days. :D
  • james2060
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    Handbags, ladies. Just in time for the biggest handbags sporting event of the year.

giphy.gif
  • Hicksy2011
    13279 posts Has That Special Something
    In honour of him refereeing our replay against QPR on Tuesday and the fact he’s a premier league ref now, I’m taking a little trip down memory lane to see one of the performances that got the lovely David Coote a promotion after last season
  • iHilarious
    13115 posts Has That Special Something

Championship:
    Winners: Leeds
    Auto: Norwich
    Playoffs: Sheff Utd, WBA, Boro, Derby
    Relegated: Reading, Bolton, Ipswich

L1:
    Winners: Luton
    Auto: Barnsley
    Playoffs: Pompey, Sunderland, Charlton, Doncaster
    Relegated: Rochdale, Gillingham, Bradford, Wimbledon

L2:
    Winners: Lincoln
    Auto: Mansfield, Bury
    Playoffs: MK Dons, FGR, Carlisle, Exeter
    Relegated: Macclesfield, Notts County
  • Karlos
    24316 posts Club Captain
    edited February 3
    Going up.
  • wheelerdeeler
    6181 posts Big Money Move
    Karlos wrote: »
    Going up.

Win the league pls. My Stoke bet is a shambles, need you to pick up the pieces.