The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Karlos
    24273 posts Club Captain
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Karlos wrote: »
    “We want to bring in another 15 or 20-goal-a-season striker, whether that be on loan or permanent.

“We have some in mind that are of real League One quality.”

Hopefully it's someone good.

Simeon Jackson #Confiormed

Too good for us.
  • They Caged Non
    4354 posts National Call-Up
    Peake wrote: »
    According to Sky, McGeady is at Sunderland having a medical and Vaughan is at Sunderland discussing personal terms.

Still, they basically need a keeper and whole defence.. oh and they all think Cattermole is gonna be the best mid in the division, good luck to them but their fans are in for a massive wake up call with regards to how hard this division is, at least we are under no illusions.

They're strange signings for me but I assume they aren't gonna splash the cash if the owner wants to sell. It's almost as if they're settling for just competing in the Championship rather than pushing for an immediate promotion. Suits me.

100m in debt might be a factor too.

Im just buzzing we will have a fairly quick 4* wf 4* sm player on FUT next year if we get Braithwaite :) not sure ive ever seen one before.

• WFCBagnall
    69481 posts Moderator
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Apparently we are getting a keeper in from loan from a Prem team that one something last season, so it's between Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea, my guess would be Jamal Blackman.

Also apparently getting closer on Lenihan from Blackburn

Blackmann is on like 13k a week :D
  • Karlos
    24273 posts Club Captain
    Apparently we are getting a keeper in from loan from a Prem team that one something last season, so it's between Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea, my guess would be Jamal Blackman.

Peanuts for the mighty Sheffield United.
  • Lard_Lad
    12608 posts Has That Special Something

It's a loan won't pay most have is wages
  • Karlos
    24273 posts Club Captain
  • Hicksy2011
    12830 posts Has That Special Something
    McGee signed and Pitman coming in on a free
    Things moving in a real positive direction
  • They Caged Non

Is he any good??

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    McGee signed and Pitman coming in on a free
    Things moving in a real positive direction

Pitman a very good signing at that level.
  • Karlos
    24273 posts Club Captain

Is he any good??

Has a lot of developing to do, very lightweight. Ability wise he's not great but he's a great poacher, good in the air and good finisher.

He will probably be loaned out as he's no where near Championship standard, we have first option to sign him on loan.
  • They Caged Non

Is he any good??

Has a lot of developing to do, very lightweight. Ability wise he's not great but he's a great poacher, good in the air and good finisher.

He will probably be loaned out as he's no where near Championship standard, we have first option to sign him on loan.

Fair enough, not one for the first team then, it looks like we just had a serious lack of attackers at all levels as we have signed 2 strikers from the Northern league for our academy too

• Peake
    894 posts An Exciting Prospect
    According to Sky, McGeady is at Sunderland having a medical and Vaughan is at Sunderland discussing personal terms.

Still, they basically need a keeper and whole defence.. oh and they all think Cattermole is gonna be the best mid in the division, good luck to them but their fans are in for a massive wake up call with regards to how hard this division is, at least we are under no illusions.

They're strange signings for me but I assume they aren't gonna splash the cash if the owner wants to sell. It's almost as if they're settling for just competing in the Championship rather than pushing for an immediate promotion. Suits me.

Im just buzzing we will have a fairly quick 4* wf 4* sm player on FUT next year if we get Braithwaite :) not sure ive ever seen one before.

You reckon there's a chance you get both Braithwaite and Assombalonga? ngl I'll be gutted if you do :joy:
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

He's no Negredo
  • They Caged Non
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

He's no Negredo

:D :D :D

• They Caged Non

You reckon there's a chance you get both Braithwaite and Assombalonga? ngl I'll be gutted if you do :joy:

not sure now, 14m is stupid money for him and Forest are just messing about
  • WFCBagnall
    69481 posts Moderator
    Translation?
  • GoodnightIrene
    3317 posts National Call-Up
    exzoo wrote: »
    Dry those crocodile tears Lard Lad.
  • They Caged Non
    Translation?

Sheffield United spud Billy Sharpe is in Turkey on a Kebab munching pilgrimage and thought it would be a good idea to buy a Fenerbache shirt with his name on, then realised it was XXL and started crying.

Or something along those lines.

• WFCBagnall
    69481 posts Moderator
    Translation?

Sheffield United spud Billy Sharpe is in Turkey on a Kebab munching pilgrimage and thought it would be a good idea to buy a Fenerbache shirt with his name on, then realised it was XXL and it was a perfect fit.

Or something along those lines.

Corrected
  • Karlos
    24273 posts Club Captain
    Sheffield United's Billy Sharp's the star of his own gift with the Liverpool pose
  • Lard_Lad
    It will be because of the links our clubs now have due to a board member of ours being a former Fener board member and huge fan
  • Lard_Lad
    There currently in Marbella and obviously on a boat can see Fleck and Coutts in the background
  • Lard_Lad
    This is the board member

The prince on the right :joy:
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator

Joe Hart's available...
  • Lard_Lad
  • iHilarious
    13060 posts Has That Special Something
    a8146c9940531f670b8cc8fc1b13fa4c--oxford-united-oxfords.jpg

We win
  • WFCBagnall
    69481 posts Moderator
    iHilarious wrote: »
    a8146c9940531f670b8cc8fc1b13fa4c--oxford-united-oxfords.jpg