The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

  • Bland Poobah
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    Karlos wrote: »
    Gravy makes everything better.
  • LeonStuddz
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    PAFC
  • GoodnightIrene
    3326 posts National Call-Up
    When a new potential EFL lounge member comes in and sees 4 pages on curry sauce :D
    REID_ARMY wrote: »
    Rumours Bristol Rovers trying to get Matt Godden off us, would take £1m+ tbf

    You will take what we give you mate.
  • JamieC
    797 posts Semi-Pro
    You could open up a restaurant with all this sauce! :joy:

    Pre-Season has begun and we win 7-0 against a team that nearly got relegated in the league below us. I would be happy about the result, but the last time we did so well in pre-season, we got relegated so I will not get my hopes up for the season.

    I mean we only have 7-8 players from last season who willingly? stayed, took 22 players to that game. Surprised that many actually wanted to play for us! :joy:

    I just hope we win ONE FA Cup game, but that will be a stretch! :joy:
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    edited July 2017
    ryan217 wrote: »
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Tomlin to Cardiff seems to be gathering momentum.

    Not sure how I'd feel about that, seems a decent player but his diving, cheating antics are **** embarrassing.

    Warnock side. He'll fit right in.

    Seriously though, won't be sad to see him go at all. Rather it wasn't you but if we recover the fee we paid it'll be good business. On his day he's unplayable but that day comes maybe 1/10 times and on the other 9 every other player has to work harder to pick up the slack. By far the highest earner at the club too. Imagine we could sign 2 or 3 with his wages. Hopefully we'll throw Gary O'Neil in as a 2 for 1 deal...

    Tomlin will produce moments of magic but will frustrate the hell out of you too. Massive, truly gigantic ego as well that he requires to be constantly massaged. Doesn't strike me as a Warnock type player at all as he loves a grafter and he certainly isn't that. We actually looked a much better side once Johnson finally gave up trying and failing to accommodate him.

    In his defence he seems to have put a hell of a lot of work in the gym in pre season and is looking a lot trimmer. Maybe someone had a word in his ear about getting a move if he put a bit more effort in....when there's a signing on bonus involved he'll put the yards in.

    On a wider note it got me thinking that players like Tomlin are being phased out of the game. The luxury player who will produce glimpses of magic but not on a consistent basis, in favour of a player who is not as good technically but will work a lot harder.

    Is this just indicative of how much more physical and athletic the game has got? I'm struggling to think of many players of that ilk who are playing regularly in the Championship. Jay Emmanuel-Thomas was another and look how his career has nose dived since that great season with us. For all his faults, Cotterill knew full well he wouldn't be able to get away with the stuff he did in the Championship.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Karlos wrote: »
    I'll admit, chips with mayo in Belgium is the best.

  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Alastair wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Karlos wrote: »
    iHilarious wrote: »
    iHilarious wrote: »

    Thats more to do with posh oxford boys having money to sit in the algarve all summer :D

    You Northerners can't afford a week in Portugal? ;)

    We can, cos our houses basically cost the same as a shed where you live :D But Northern boys love Magaluf too much haha.

    I thought it was gravy that we loved ?

    Chips, cheese and gravy is the one.

    I had cheese and onion pie and chips for lunch but it was ruined by it swimming in gravy. The love of gravy is the worst thing about living in Manchester. Gravy should be for roasts and steak pies only.

    We should have a league football lounge vote on favoured condiment for chips.

    Ketchup.

    One of the Butchers in Darlo does Chicken Curry with roast spuds in a tray for lunchtime special, needless to say it goes down well with locals.

    Ketchup is good, and couldn't you just ask for no Gravy??

    That sounds quite nice actually.

    I could have but I thought I'd try it with gravy as that is the Mancunian thing to do and everyone else was. It was a mistake.
    Karlos wrote: »
    I'll admit, chips with mayo in Belgium is the best.

    If you have to go to Belgium for it to be a good condiment then it isn't a good condiment.

    Proper mayo, made freshly, is an excellent condiment. Not the processed slimy **** you get in jars over here though.

    Can we all just ageee that HP Brown Sauce is the only acceptable breakfast condiment?
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    JamieC wrote: »
    You could open up a restaurant with all this sauce! :joy:

    Pre-Season has begun and we win 7-0 against a team that nearly got relegated in the league below us. I would be happy about the result, but the last time we did so well in pre-season, we got relegated so I will not get my hopes up for the season.

    I mean we only have 7-8 players from last season who willingly? stayed, took 22 players to that game. Surprised that many actually wanted to play for us! :joy:

    I just hope we win ONE FA Cup game, but that will be a stretch! :joy:

    Can you stay on topic please, this isn't a place for football.
  • Joberto
    995 posts Semi-Pro
    Brown tastes like **** and vinegar
  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Karlos wrote: »
    iHilarious wrote: »
    iHilarious wrote: »

    Thats more to do with posh oxford boys having money to sit in the algarve all summer :D

    You Northerners can't afford a week in Portugal? ;)

    We can, cos our houses basically cost the same as a shed where you live :D But Northern boys love Magaluf too much haha.

    I thought it was gravy that we loved ?

    Chips, cheese and gravy is the one.

    I had cheese and onion pie and chips for lunch but it was ruined by it swimming in gravy. The love of gravy is the worst thing about living in Manchester. Gravy should be for roasts and steak pies only.

    We should have a league football lounge vote on favoured condiment for chips.

    Ketchup.

    One of the Butchers in Darlo does Chicken Curry with roast spuds in a tray for lunchtime special, needless to say it goes down well with locals.

    Ketchup is good, and couldn't you just ask for no Gravy??

    That sounds quite nice actually.

    I could have but I thought I'd try it with gravy as that is the Mancunian thing to do and everyone else was. It was a mistake.
    Karlos wrote: »
    I'll admit, chips with mayo in Belgium is the best.

    If you have to go to Belgium for it to be a good condiment then it isn't a good condiment.

    Proper mayo, made freshly, is an excellent condiment. Not the processed slimy **** you get in jars over here though.

    Can we all just ageee that HP Brown Sauce is the only acceptable breakfast condiment?

    Don't like HP, Daddy's or Branston for me.. HP ruined themselves with all that low salt rubbish, you don't eat enough of the stuff in one sitting for it to matter.

    Fresh Mayo is nice but the cultured city snob is coming out there Bristol lad, sometimes only the jar will do :D
  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up

    Sounds quite nice actually, as long as its properly seasoned or it would just be mushy mess.
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017


    Well that's a **** fixture list. Away first game, away Boxing Day and away last game. First and last matches the other side of the country.

    Seaside weekenders in late September and December as well. :(

    And only 3 home matches during uni holidays. :(
  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone watch the Friendly last night?? our paper reporting it was a fairly decent game, and Oxford look dangerous going forward, perhaps L1's team to look out for next season??
  • iHilarious
    13063 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone watch the Friendly last night?? our paper reporting it was a fairly decent game, and Oxford look dangerous going forward, perhaps L1's team to look out for next season??

    That wasn't even our full strength side ;)
  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Friendly last night?? our paper reporting it was a fairly decent game, and Oxford look dangerous going forward, perhaps L1's team to look out for next season??

    That wasn't even our full strength side ;)

    No it sounded good, you might have to factor in the players upping their game for it but you sounded solid enough and dangerous on the break. We are still some quality wingers away from being a full team and our full back positions leave a lot to be desired if the first team players got injured, Baptiste is no full back.

  • iHilarious
    13063 posts Has That Special Something
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Friendly last night?? our paper reporting it was a fairly decent game, and Oxford look dangerous going forward, perhaps L1's team to look out for next season??

    That wasn't even our full strength side ;)

    No it sounded good, you might have to factor in the players upping their game for it but you sounded solid enough and dangerous on the break. We are still some quality wingers away from being a full team and our full back positions leave a lot to be desired if the first team players got injured, Baptiste is no full back.

    Yeah we don't own a left back and our right winger is a first year pro (based off of who played an hour)



    If only the Hull fixtures were switched, looks like our squad will be stronger for then with the addition of James Henry and whoever this one is. Wouldn't surprise me to see Mike Williamson play on Saturday either
  • Lard_Lad
    12609 posts Has That Special Something
    What you have on your bacon butty separates the men from the boys, real men have brown sauce. And it has to be HP.
  • iHilarious
    13063 posts Has That Special Something
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    What you have on your bacon butty separates the men from the boys, real men have brown sauce. And it has to be HP.

    Nah
  • iHilarious
    13063 posts Has That Special Something
    Underrated sauces? Personal favourite of mine is Lea & Perrins. Not really a condiment but if you chuck it in with anything it's amazing
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    What you have on your bacon butty separates the men from the boys, real men have brown sauce. And it has to be HP.

    RT
  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    What you have on your bacon butty separates the men from the boys, real men have brown sauce. And it has to be HP.

    Actually real men have a splash of Dave's sauce on there, Brown Sauce is what pussies put on pretending they are all into spicy food.

  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Underrated sauces? Personal favourite of mine is Lea & Perrins. Not really a condiment but if you chuck it in with anything it's amazing

    There was a Lea and Perrins Tomato and Worcester table sauce kicking about once upon a time, that was pretty immense, im currently into the Tesco own brand Scotch Bonnet sauce.. goes on most food B)
  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up
    Assombalonga deal is starting to go a bit silly, not sure we should be paying 14m
  • Lard_Lad
    12609 posts Has That Special Something
    If your going anything on the lines of Lea and Perrins then the only one worth having is Hendersons Relish. It goes on anything, Pie, Lasagne, chips, Caserole.
  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    If your going anything on the lines of Lea and Perrins then the only one worth having is Hendersons Relish. It goes on anything, Pie, Lasagne, chips, Caserole.

    Yeah that's decent stuff, i think every household should have a wide selection of condiment.

    Whats everyones thoughts on Horseradish?? id say it splits opinion far worse than Marmite.

  • iHilarious
    13063 posts Has That Special Something
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    If your going anything on the lines of Lea and Perrins then the only one worth having is Hendersons Relish. It goes on anything, Pie, Lasagne, chips, Caserole.

    Yeah that's decent stuff, i think every household should have a wide selection of condiment.

    Whats everyones thoughts on Horseradish?? id say it splits opinion far worse than Marmite.

    Really not a fan of Horseradish
  • They Caged Non
    4355 posts National Call-Up
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    If your going anything on the lines of Lea and Perrins then the only one worth having is Hendersons Relish. It goes on anything, Pie, Lasagne, chips, Caserole.

    Yeah that's decent stuff, i think every household should have a wide selection of condiment.

    Whats everyones thoughts on Horseradish?? id say it splits opinion far worse than Marmite.

    Really not a fan of Horseradish

    I sometimes dip Doritos into it, can only manage a few before it gets up my nose though. pretty rank when i think about it actually.

  • iHilarious
    13063 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 2017
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    If your going anything on the lines of Lea and Perrins then the only one worth having is Hendersons Relish. It goes on anything, Pie, Lasagne, chips, Caserole.

    Yeah that's decent stuff, i think every household should have a wide selection of condiment.

    Whats everyones thoughts on Horseradish?? id say it splits opinion far worse than Marmite.

    Really not a fan of Horseradish

    I sometimes dip Doritos into it, can only manage a few before it gets up my nose though. pretty rank when i think about it actually.

    If you're dipping your Doritos into anything it has to be either sour cream or guacamole in my eyes
  • TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    Anything from the chip shop - curry sauce

    Chips at home - salt and vinegar with brown sauce

    Pies, stews etc. - Hendo's

    Sunday roast -mint sauce (I know it's for lamb really but I like it on pork and beef as well)
Sign In or Register to comment.