The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• GoodnightIrene
    3358 posts National Call-Up
    What’s happened to you @AtomicOdin
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4148 posts National Call-Up
    How very Millwall.

Two late goals to beat Leeds and claim our first away win of the season last week. Lose to Rochdale this week.

Harris made 9 changes for this game. Idiot. We aren't going up, chances are we aren't going down. Why rest players for Tuesday? It's Derby. We will lose.
  • Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain
    How very Millwall.

Two late goals to beat Leeds and claim our first away win of the season last week. Lose to Rochdale this week.

Harris made 9 changes for this game. Idiot. We aren't going up, chances are we aren't going down. Why rest players for Tuesday? It's Derby. We will lose.

• Akinfenwaaaa
    4148 posts National Call-Up
    Replay. Exciting.
  • Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain
    Hate losing 2-2.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Massive massive three points in the circumstances.

That absolute cheat Stroud needs to be struck off, seriously.
  • Hicksy2011
    13125 posts Has That Special Something
    Lost 1-0 but really not a surprise, that was the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen, he just got focused on going against the crowd so he could say that he wasnt showing home bias and it just left us with hideous bias against us
    Absolutely disgusting
    This gem was one of about 10-15 blatant decisions that went against us
  • wheelerdeeler
    6097 posts Big Money Move
    Get in! In the Top 6 for the first time this season, Sessegnon's on the form of his (young) life. Made hard work of it though in typical Fulham style.
  • Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Lost 1-0 but really not a surprise, that was the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen, he just got focused on going against the crowd so he could say that he wasnt showing home bias and it just left us with hideous bias against us
    Absolutely disgusting
    This gem was one of about 10-15 blatant decisions that went against us

Handball players would be proud of that ball control.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Keep an eye out for our highlights tonight. One of the most braindead Red Cards in history (and it probably cost Barnsley the game the way the 1st Half went).
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    So according to Keith “Cheat” Stroud this is a red card :neutral:

• wheelerdeeler
    edited January 2018
    Sessegnon's getting POTM and Jokanovic is probably getting Manager of the Month considering we've won every league game in January. That's our February screwed then.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Imagine doing this when you're on a Yellow Card and your team's 1-0 up.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Love going home at the end of exams to have the game ruined by the most disgracefully biased half of refereeing I have ever witnessed
    Turns out the ref was suspended at the start of the season for misconduct, don't see him reffing in the football league ever again now

He's definitely bent, we've had him a few times. Seems to pick one team and give absolutely everything in their favour all day, did for us at Bolton earlier in the season, booked Kieran Lee for a dive when it was a stonewall penalty, the contact was actually audible.
  • UK_Cam
    1328 posts Professional
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

So according to Darren "the d*ckhead" England this isn't a penalty :neutral:

You're lucky yours didn't cost you any points :s
  • JamieC
    805 posts Semi-Pro
    Lost to f**king bottom placed Cheshunt.

Don't care that our pitch looks like the aftermath of a rugby game, we shouldn't have lost to them.

Absolute shocking performance. :angry:
  • Lard_Lad
    12620 posts Has That Special Something
    Keep an eye out for our highlights tonight. One of the most braindead Red Cards in history (and it probably cost Barnsley the game the way the 1st Half went).

Barnsley fans on radio saying Sessegnon dived for this first yellow.
  • AtomicOdin
    1135 posts Professional
    it's safe to say we are getting worse with each game. I have no idea how we can turn things around. the performances and tactics are on a par with the time Peter Taylor did his best to relegate us from league 2.
  • UK_Cam
    1328 posts Professional
    AtomicOdin wrote: »
    it's safe to say we are getting worse with each game. I have no idea how we can turn things around. the performances and tactics are on a par with the time Peter Taylor did his best to relegate us from league 2.

Why on earth would he bring in a young centre mid from us who played really well last season for Port Vale, only to use him at right back, a position he's never played before in his life? :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    Lard_Lad wrote: »

Barnsley fans on radio saying Sessegnon dived for this first yellow.

It was a foul. Wouldn't have given him a Yellow though. Mind you his 2nd Yellow could/should have been a straight Red.
  • Lard_Lad
    12620 posts Has That Special Something
    I think we win the award for the least glamorous cup tie of the weekend, was every thing I expected, presto a physical dirty side came to stop us playing our game which the did first half. The first half one of the worst games I’ve seen this season. second half we were better and deserved the win, into the next round. Just glad it wasn’t a draw.
  • Rulistening
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    I cant believe I just saw Barnet time waste from the 20th minute. Including taking around a minute every throw in. and the ref let them get away with it and gave them a talking to- which wasted more time

I feel i end up watching awful officials more than i get to watch football these days and it really puts me off going.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

So according to Darren "the d*ckhead" England this isn't a penalty :neutral:

You're lucky yours didn't cost you any points :s

Ah mate, Keith Stroud though.

Honestly every single time without fail he does something against us like this, it's beyond a coincidence and can now only be explained as a vendetta. Twice in 3 seasons he's given us ridiculous red cards.

All refs make mistakes and I appreciate that they have a difficult job (especially things like pens - if you can't see it you can't give it) - but to send someone off you have to be damn sure they've committed and offence worthy of it.

He was 40 yards away but supposedly saw something in it to give a red when every video i've seen suggests there's not even contact between the two players, and even if there was, it's still not a red! I honestly believe it's deliberate and not just incompetent and that's way worse.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    On another note Joe Bryan has got to be getting very close to the England squad.
  • Hicksy2011
    13125 posts Has That Special Something
    You can even tell from the way the Shrewsbury centre back aimlessly kicks the ball away with very little power that he had accepted it was a penalty
    Surely from body language like that alone you can tell its a pen
    There is just no logic behind his decision and there were a lot of those today
  • AtomicOdin
    1135 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    AtomicOdin wrote: »

Why on earth would he bring in a young centre mid from us who played really well last season for Port Vale, only to use him at right back, a position he's never played before in his life? :joy:

No idea, seems to love playing people out of position just so he can keep his favs in no matter how crap they are playing.

Does anybody know if they are using vars in the lower leagues. As we scored to make it 1-1 early in the second half, ref gave the goal, lino was in line with the goal and had a clear sight and gave the goal. Even walked back to the halfway line. Wimbledon kicked off and surrounded the ref and he changed his mind after about 4 mins of being shouted at by them and gave offside.

@GoodnightIrene Something has happened but we dont have a clue what, think McCall has lost the dressing room. Its got something to do with Tony McMahon as well. But what it is nobody outside the club knows.
  • james2060
    2846 posts Fans' Favourite
    I cant believe I just saw Barnet time waste from the 20th minute. Including taking around a minute every throw in. and the ref let them get away with it and gave them a talking to- which wasted more time

I feel i end up watching awful officials more than i get to watch football these days and it really puts me off going.

The Westley effect
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Super Chris Powell, lovely 91st minute goal to win 3-2! Hoping this is the turning point in our season and we lift ourselves out this relegation battle
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 2018
    Genuinely think Sessegnon's future is as a Striker, if not a LW. Seems to have that natural instinct of knowing where to be, and then has the composure to convert his chances.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3358 posts National Call-Up
    That Cavaire red is just astounding, he’s literally a yard from the ref wtf