The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Handy Andy
    5761 posts Big Money Move
    Speaking of boring, does anybody have a more unattractive FA Cup fixture than us this weekend? Reading on a Friday night, it doesn't get much worse - apart from Reading away in the replay after the inevitable draw tonight...

*awaits some wag saying that Reading have an even more unattractive fixture* :D

u wot
  • UK_Cam
    1328 posts Professional
    @Karlos I see you're on that Sea of Thieves game. I'm thinking of getting it but not really seen enough of it yet, it any good?
  • WFCBagnall
    70393 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Still just the one signing. We need another four minimum. Gonna be a busy week next week.
  • Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain
    UK_Cam wrote: »
    @Karlos I see you're on that Sea of Thieves game. I'm thinking of getting it but not really seen enough of it yet, it any good?

It would be fun with friends. Gets a bit boring after a while, especially when you don't see any other ships for ages.
  • UK_Cam
    1328 posts Professional
    Karlos wrote: »

It would be fun with friends. Gets a bit boring after a while, especially when you don't see any other ships for ages.

Yeah I'm trying to convince Gerry, Mott, Moger etc. to get it. I've seen it comes out instantly at release on xbox game pass which is 8 quid a month, so I'll probably just get that and cancel once Sea of Thieves gets boring. If I do convince them (I will, they worship me), you'll have to come and play with us
  • wheelerdeeler
    6086 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2018
    Seems like Cairney's not in the squad for tomorrow, which of course has sent Fulham fans on Twitter into meltdown because it means he's signing for West Ham tomorrow and not that his knee's playing up again. Starting to think his knee's just **** and we'd do well to sell him while his value's still high like we did with Jimmy Bullard.
  • Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain

Yeah I'm trying to convince Gerry, Mott, Moger etc. to get it. I've seen it comes out instantly at release on xbox game pass which is 8 quid a month, so I'll probably just get that and cancel once Sea of Thieves gets boring. If I do convince them (I will, they worship me), you'll have to come and play with us

You can only have 4 players per ship I think.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3681 posts National Call-Up
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Still just the one signing. We need another four minimum. Gonna be a busy week next week.
    Oztumer to Forest. Fourth Stand to Oxford.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 2018
    Seems like there's actually legs in the Cairney to West Ham thing.

Will be a shame if he's trying to force a move like it looks like he is, but I wouldn't begrudge him a move to the Prem by any means. Especially as he's not really done that much this season, albeit because he's got 1 knee.

Also seems like if we do sell him we'll sign Ruben Rochina, who was a name I hadn't heard in 5 or 6 years since he was at Blackburn.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well that went better than expected. That glorious 10 minutes when we were further in the competition than any other club...

Reading, particularly that scrote Gunter who spent more time trying to get our players sent off than he did playing football, are proper mardy though. Hilarious when they were trying to make the lino watch the replay of the first goal on the big screen. Got some news for you lads, your right back was miles behind everybody else playing him onside.

Atdhe '1 goal per calendar year" Nuhiu bagging 3 before the end of January as well - strange things are afoot in this world.
  • iHilarious
    13098 posts Has That Special Something
    https://experimental361.com/2018/01/21/return-of-the-e-ratings-league-1-21-jan-2018/

Some pretty interesting graphs on this website.. rates us as 95% staying in League One with 2.5% to go up and 2.5% to go down.

Bury currently looking destined for the drop
  • Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain
    But we did the double over you ?
  • iHilarious

Imagine how small your percentage of staying up would be without those wins..
  • Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain
    iHilarious wrote: »

40% of our wins have come against you :joy:
  • iHilarious
    iHilarious wrote: »

40% of our wins have come against you :joy:

And we’re still 18 points ahead of you :kissing_heart:
  • TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »

What a waste of a good shirt. And also a red and white one.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    They deserve each other
  • wheelerdeeler
    No Cairney as expected. At least Sessegnon's been kept at LW.
  • Lard_Lad
    12618 posts Has That Special Something
    Would like to beat Preston today but hoping for a weakened team given we have villa on Tuesday. league got to be priority.
  • Lard_Lad
    Fleck one booking away from a two match ban, which is worrying given we have Villa Wolves and Leeds coming up
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Chief Exec on the radio saying he’s been meeting with Woodward, Gazidis and Marwood this week ‘networking’. Hopefully leads to something useful down the line.
  • They Caged Non
    4456 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry been working not had chance to reply.

@Alastair Im shocked 2 people in Hereford are allowed internet access :)

@wheelerdeeler If Gestede wasnt a massive Donkey it would have been 3-4 at half time and game over. And yes Fulham dominated most of the 2nd half, im not having the Sessegnon argument, we dont ask your daft manager to put him there, as far as im concerned he started at LB and got butchered end of story.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Just when you start looking forward to the weekend’s football you find out that Keith ‘everyone look at me’ Stroud is reffing it :(

I’ve called it. The absolute cheat has done it to us again.
  • Hicksy2011
    13105 posts Has That Special Something
    Love going home at the end of exams to have the game ruined by the most disgracefully biased half of refereeing I have ever witnessed
    Turns out the ref was suspended at the start of the season for misconduct, don't see him reffing in the football league ever again now
  • Lard_Lad
    Well this has been an awful game not single shot on target from either side
  • james2060
    2842 posts Fans' Favourite
    Never liked football anyway
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Fleck knows how Oteh has managed to fluff that chance.
  • Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain
    You’re making it harder for us @AtomicOdin