The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Blackada18 wrote: »
    I actually feel sorry for Leeds, that's got to be the worst design I've ever seen. Paid professionals and board members actually approved that sh*te

‘10,000 people consulted’

Presumably none of them liked Leeds?! :joy:
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I actually feel sorry for Leeds, that's got to be the worst design I've ever seen. Paid professionals and board members actually approved that sh*te
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »

‘10,000 people consulted’

Presumably none of them liked Leeds?! :joy:

WHAT!? 10,000 PEOPLE, that's unbelievable :joy: :joy: :joy:
  • iHilarious
    13102 posts Has That Special Something
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    AtomicOdin wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

At least I can always count on the idiots down the road to cheer me up.

Looks like we are after Dennis from Chesterfield, cash + player deal offered to them, no idea which player as we hardly have any that are fit and uninjured.

Better be a striker
  • ryan217
    2879 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    That's up there with Wimbledon being moved away and renamed or Cardiff playing in Red.

It's not even close to either, they've just got a **** badge, not been completely stripped of their identity.

BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    That's up there with Wimbledon being moved away and renamed or Cardiff playing in Red.

It’s funny but it’s not that funny.

:unamused:
  • ryan217

Looks like an MLS badge :joy:
  • Handy Andy
    5763 posts Big Money Move
    feel like I am one of the few that doesn't think the badge change is that much of a big deal :joy: think everyone is overreacting a bit
  • wheelerdeeler
    6106 posts Big Money Move
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    feel like I am one of the few that doesn't think the badge change is that much of a big deal :joy: think everyone is overreacting a bit

The badge is a bit tragic. Looks like one of the badges PES would mock up in about 5 minutes because they don't have the license. Just replace Leeds United with "Yorkshire Whites".
  • wheelerdeeler
    I've wanted us to change our badge for ages, but based on this Leeds one I'm starting to think we should just stick with what we've got- because it can get worse.
  • ryan217

It isn't a big deal at all, it's just a rubbish design.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    ryan217 wrote: »

It isn't a big deal at all, it's just a rubbish design.

• TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    The Leeds badge is so bad that even the guy on the badge is trying to cover his badge up.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    They say it took months to design, looks like they randomly surprised some guy on his desk and gave him 5 mins to mock somthing up.

But hey look on the bright side Leeds fans. At-least your club put a little bit of effort in and didn't literally steal from clip-art.

f2296266-05d5-47df-b899-4b34b246505e.gif

*shivers*

• wheelerdeeler
  • Farlz
    8428 posts League Winner
    don't know how they messed it up so badly, i've seen better designs on twitter ffs
  • NornIron
    11503 posts Has That Special Something
    Crawley signing an Irish league player Aaron Burns scores goals from midfield but not really a player I ever expected to go across. Was out of contract.
  • james2060
    2846 posts Fans' Favourite
    Interesting...if Sutton or Bromley get promoted out of the Conference, they would be demoted to the North/South tier because they have 3G pitches, as they're banned in the EFL.

Surely it's time that they're allowed, teams like Newport/Blackpool who have been playing on the beach in recent seasons would surely benefit from a bit of common sense from the EFL?
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    james2060 wrote: »
    Interesting...if Sutton or Bromley get promoted out of the Conference, they would be demoted to the North/South tier because they have 3G pitches, as they're banned in the EFL.

Surely it's time that they're allowed, teams like Newport/Blackpool who have been playing on the beach in recent seasons would surely benefit from a bit of common sense from the EFL?

That’s ridiculous. But perfectly fine for Coventry to play on what looks like a farmers field?!
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    3G pitches are dangerous. The amount of players who get season/career ending knee injuries in non-league from playing on them shows that they're not safe at all. I'm all for artificial pitches but think we should wait till they're safe first.
  • iHilarious
    13102 posts Has That Special Something

Newport’s pitch is the worst I’ve ever seen, how they’re allowed to play on it is beyond me
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 2018
    Suppose one positive from the Leeds thing is it's got Fulham fans complaining about our badge again. Hope we do get a new one in the next year or two (or go back to an older one). Especially as we're marketing ourselves as "London's Originals".
  • mott1993
    889 posts Semi-Pro
    iHilarious wrote: »

Newport’s pitch is the worst I’ve ever seen, how they’re allowed to play on it is beyond me

How you're allowed to play in a stadium that still has just 3 stands is beyond me
  • wheelerdeeler
    Apparently Brighton want 8 Mill for Norwood. They can **** off.
  • AtomicOdin
    1135 posts Professional
    edited January 2018
    AtomicOdin wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

At least I can always count on the idiots down the road to cheer me up.

Looks like we are after Dennis from Chesterfield, cash + player deal offered to them, no idea which player as we hardly have any that are fit and uninjured.

Better be a striker

If it is it will be one of our kids
    iHilarious wrote: »

Not having that, have you not seen ours.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3682 posts National Call-Up
  • Karlos
    24303 posts Club Captain
    Knew you was going to post that.
  • Hicksy2011
    13135 posts Has That Special Something
    Alastair wrote: »
    3G pitches are dangerous. The amount of players who get season/career ending knee injuries in non-league from playing on them shows that they're not safe at all. I'm all for artificial pitches but think we should wait till they're safe first.

Have to agree with this, Jack Whatmough would be playing in the premier league by now if it wasnt for 3G training pitches