The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Yeah I think there might be something in the rumour :joy: announcing his own signing on instagram when he’s not even in England :lol:

0_F2728_D7-0_F6_C-4_E9_C-_A411-0913_A618_C049.png

Bit of Alan Partridge at the end as well
  • TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alastair wrote: »

@TheonlywayisS6 Were his team talks this bad when he was with you?

Yes! Usually after a win, to try and make people think he's an eccentric genius. tbh there's only so long that you can listen to him ramble about potatoes and fish before it wears a bit thin, and he loses the plot completely eventually. Simple questions like "why have we only had 5 shots on target in the last month?" or "why do you constantly play 442 when it clearly doesn't suit our players?" got long rambling replies that didn't actually answer anything. Towards the end of his time with us every press conference was pretty much the same, blaming everything on injuries, refereeing decisions, basically everybody but himself, yet oddly insisting that we'd still get promoted this year and making mysterious comments to questions about why he always sets up so defensively ("I'll tell you at the end of the season" he said).

It's funny that some people on our forums are now making him out to be a tactical genius who we should never have let go for getting a somewhat fortuitous win against Liverpool, but forget that he's failed to beat the entire bottom 7 of the Championship this season!
  • Lard_Lad
    12618 posts Has That Special Something
    iHilarious wrote: »
    Daily Mail and the Sun reporting Frank Lampard in talks to become new boss, not sure how I’d feel about that

Appleton, Lennon, Lampard and Grayson favs atm, would love MApp back but don’t think it’s realistic

Rumours of a takeover considering the chairman isn’t wealthy and we’ve just spent a fee on 2 players and paid off Pep’s contract, **** knows really but if so they’ll probably bring someone with them

It amazes me the best manager in the world hasn’t got a job yet, I thought Appleton was amazing.
  • iHilarious
    13098 posts Has That Special Something
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Daily Mail and the Sun reporting Frank Lampard in talks to become new boss, not sure how I’d feel about that

Appleton, Lennon, Lampard and Grayson favs atm, would love MApp back but don’t think it’s realistic

Rumours of a takeover considering the chairman isn’t wealthy and we’ve just spent a fee on 2 players and paid off Pep’s contract, **** knows really but if so they’ll probably bring someone with them

It amazes me the best manager in the world hasn’t got a job yet, I thought Appleton was amazing.

He has a job? He’s assistant at Leicester
  • Karlos
    24302 posts Club Captain

Well that was embarrassing.
  • wheelerdeeler
    6086 posts Big Money Move
    Allegedly signing Lois Diony from St. Etienne. Don’t know much about him but he’s got a gold card so that’ll do me.

He got a TOTS last year as well. Only reason I remember it is because I packed him about 12 times.
  • Blackada18
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 2018
    c2804e22a814eac9b321a672b7b0d765.png

YEET
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Allegedly signing Lois Diony from St. Etienne. Don’t know much about him but he’s got a gold card so that’ll do me.

He got a TOTS last year as well. Only reason I remember it is because I packed him about 12 times.

I noticed he got two IFs and a TOTS in a bad side so seems to have something about him. One of the French journos saying we’ve bagged a very very good player and he rates him higher than Kodjia and Diedhiou.

Seems to be a real work horse / 110% type which is clearly the sort of player we target now.

Weird thing is it’s apprently a loan with a permanent option if we go up.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    I still can’t quite get my head around the enormity of tonight’s fixture.

I mean Chelsea Academy vs Oxford. It truly is the stuff dreams are made of.
  • iHilarious
    13098 posts Has That Special Something

It is a huge fixture, we lost to their academy side in the group stages last season on penalties meaning we still got a point but they did get that extra point over us
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

It is a huge fixture, we lost to their academy side in the group stages last season on penalties meaning we still got a point but they did get that extra point over us

Time to settle some old scores.
  • Lard_Lad

Assistant manager aim a job, not for such a great manager.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Tim Ream 96% Pass Accuracy. My drug.
  • Lard_Lad
    Our next three games are now on sky.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero

Calm down, you were only playing against Burton. Everybody smashes Burton.

Oh, wait :s
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited January 2018
    Our next three games are now on sky.

Funnily enough I was looking through the rest of our fixtures for the season and our game against you was 1 of 3 that I thought could end up on TV between now and the end of the season. Mainly because of how mental the reverse fixture was (Other two were Brentford and QPR at home).
  • ryan217
    2878 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2018
    I noticed our game against Millwall is on sky, there should be great entertainment in a fixture that's produced 4 goals in the last 7 matches
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    ryan217 wrote: »
    I noticed our game against Millwall is on sky, there should be great entertainment in a fixture that's produced 4 goals in the last 7 matches

Should be a decent bit of fighting though so every cloud and all that.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Is there some unwritten rule that you have to be a cockney gypo to sell half and half scarves? Are they all one big family?

(No offence meant to your people @wheelerdeeler)
  • wheelerdeeler
    Is there some unwritten rule that you have to be a cockney gypo to sell half and half scarves? Are they all one big family?

(No offence meant to your people @wheelerdeeler)

I would claim racism, but it's true.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    That is shocking from Magnusson. What on Earth is he doing trying to take it back inside him once he’s won the ball?!

Tie over.
  • Lard_Lad
    I wanted Bristol to win until I heard the chant they were doing.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

Which one?
  • Lard_Lad

Which one?

The cringey MLS one
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

Which one?

The cringey MLS one

I genuinely don’t know what you’re talking about!
  • Lard_Lad

Which one?

The cringey MLS one

The You’re not singing over there, were all singing over here one
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

Which one?

The cringey MLS one

The You’re not singing over there, were all singing over here one

MLS? That’s been doing the rounds over here since you were in diapers....erm I mean nappies...lad!