The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• NornIron
    13873 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 11
    Gael Bigirimana any good? Signed for Glentoran irish league.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7565 posts League Winner
    He used to be ridiculously highly rated. I heard an interview from Cyrus Christie not that long ago and he said he's one of the best players he's played with when they were both at Coventry.
  • Hicksy2011
    17375 posts World Class
    What a nightmare for Stevenage
    How are they going to cut their wage budget now they’ve ended up a league higher :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    7565 posts League Winner
    Getting to a Europa League Final isn't for everyone @Dandingooo
  • Dandingooo
    1850 posts Play-Off Hero

Hope you go bust
  • Hicksy2011
    17375 posts World Class
    Genuinely though for Stevenage I have no idea how the EFL handles this
    They signed Prosser 2 days ago who should count fully against the salary cap but when they signed him they weren’t playing in a league with a cap :joy:
    Just another mess to add to the pile
  • wheelerdeeler
    7565 posts League Winner
    Dandingooo wrote: »

Hope you go bust

Hope Jorge Mendes loses his phone contacts.
  • WFCBagnall
    79638 posts Moderator
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Good to see we are getting the respect we deserve :joy:
    I’m not sure it will be that bad, more 8th-12th

They put Oldham and Morecambe in the top 8 for L2 :joy:
  • They Caged Non
    6342 posts Big Money Move
    It’s a massive lesson that Joao Moutinho isn’t Ever Banega B)
  • AaronMFC
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero

Id like to chime in but feels difficult considering Sevilla were involved.
  • Farlz
    9094 posts League Winner
    Anyone else absolutely hate this weather
  • Handy Andy
    6001 posts Big Money Move
    Farlz wrote: »

It’s awful, 0 degrees > this
  • wheelerdeeler
    7565 posts League Winner
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Getting to a Europa League Final isn't for everyone Dandingooo

At least there's a nice little link back to your Final considering Jesus Navas played in both.
  • Farlz
    9094 posts League Winner
    Handy Andy wrote: »

It’s awful, 0 degrees > this
    oh mate tell me about it

• wheelerdeeler
    7565 posts League Winner
    I prefer cold weather in general, but there's hot and then there's too hot. This is too hot. It's such a dry heat as well which makes it worse. It's meant to start raining/thunderstorms tomorrow here though so that should make it more bearable.
  • Farlz
    9094 posts League Winner
    Yeah I'm definitely more of a winter person than summer person.

I don't mind the summer as much when its a nice day but still have a breeze to balance it out but ❤️❤️❤️❤️ like this is a joke. Puts me in a bad mood most of a time :D
  • AaronMFC
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero

At least there's a nice little link back to your Final considering Jesus Navas played in both.

I prefer to just remember the quarter and semi final. Disappointed in Wolves tonight though they were so negative.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7565 posts League Winner

Disappointed in Wolves tonight though they were so negative.

Think you just have to credit Lopetegui/Sevilla. They knew Wolves wanted to play on the Counter and bar the Penalty incident they didn't get done on the counter once all while basically camping in Wolves' half.
  • WFCBagnall
    79638 posts Moderator

Yes, absolutely awful.

It's ok for a day or two, anything after that is just too much.
  • AaronMFC
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero

Disappointed in Wolves tonight though they were so negative.

Think you just have to credit Lopetegui/Sevilla. They knew Wolves wanted to play on the Counter and bar the Penalty incident they didn't get done on the counter once all while basically camping in Wolves' half.

Definitely Sevilla played very well and will be really tough for Man U but no plan B from Wolves and camping back most the game just feels to me they will look back and regret not going for it more.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7565 posts League Winner
    edited August 11
    Being linked with Chambers today, so a nice mix of our window two years ago where we're (potentially) signing a Centre-Back who's injured and also signing Calum Chambers.

Must say being linked with Chambers, Babel and Sessegnon (although Tony Khan killed the Sessegnon rumour and I'd take Babel) and Tony Khan also saying Zambo and Seri were coming back (although I do think we'll get rid of Seri definitely) doesn't feel that encouraging.
  • They Caged Non
    I love it, sat out basking in it... Got a spot in our garden that’s awesome for a bit of sun.
  • Hicksy2011
    17375 posts World Class
    I like it during the day but I tend to burn up in to a fever (can’t explain it) when I sleep anyway so the nights are genuine hell
    I have to sleep with no duvet in bloody October imagine how I feel in this :joy:
  • wheelerdeeler
    7565 posts League Winner
    edited August 12
    Sergio Rico about to play in a Champions League Quarter Final. Bit different to us releasing Schwarzer and him playing in a Champions League Semi for Chelsea, but still.

Never mind, Keylor Navas has just done a Kepa seemingly.

There we go.
  • NornIron
    13873 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 12
    Roofe came on for Rangers about 25mins ago are you sure he's a footballer?
    Probably match fitness but he's either making a bad pass or getting caught on the ball.
  • They Caged Non
    Looks like the bottom has finally dropped out of football for all these greedy wage hungry mercenaries, our local paper has done an interesting article about it. Touching on this Wigan striker who seemingly had 4 clubs chasing him who are now all moving on, Dani Ayala leaving us with a sour taste in the mouth only to find himself without any offers after turning down a deal that was above the average wage for the league, then finally Marcus Maddison who let his contract run down thinking he could feel some club in with big wages, only to be sat at home complaining about mental health and phone watching.

On top of all that it now seems United have walked away from Sancho.

It looks like the tides might be turning finally.
  • They Caged Non
    https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-face-sober-summer-rebuild-18755237

This is the link, it may be slightly Boro related but the general message rings true for us all.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7565 posts League Winner
    Just seen that apparently the Rich Energy guy who was an... interesting character in F1 is trying to buy Sunderland. I'd say he wouldn't get through the Fit & Proper persons test, but let's be honest- he would.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7565 posts League Winner
    Looks like the bottom has finally dropped out of football for all these greedy wage hungry mercenaries, our local paper has done an interesting article about it. Touching on this Wigan striker who seemingly had 4 clubs chasing him who are now all moving on, Dani Ayala leaving us with a sour taste in the mouth only to find himself without any offers after turning down a deal that was above the average wage for the league, then finally Marcus Maddison who let his contract run down thinking he could feel some club in with big wages, only to be sat at home complaining about mental health and phone watching.

On top of all that it now seems United have walked away from Sancho.

It looks like the tides might be turning finally.

It was always going to be a tricky summer for players out of contract. Even players like Ryan Fraser who ran down his contract expecting a "big" team to be waiting for him this summer and as far as I can tell us and Palace are the only teams linked with him.

But with that said it's still quite early in the window (feels weird saying that in Mid-August), it's ultimately just a game of who blinks first.