The English Football League Lounge 2020/21

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7542 posts League Winner
    Fair play to EA, first time I've gone on the Web App in months to get the SBC done. Still not going to get me to actually play the game though.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3936 posts National Call-Up
    Can't say I've played in months, next one is only two months away now ain't it so we can all get on the web app hype x
  • Hicksy2011
    17322 posts World Class
    Well we’ve missed out on McGeehan
    Quite how you don’t manage to sign a player who isn’t wanted by their club (who are only like 6 league places higher than us), who desperately wanted to come back, the manager wanted back and half of his family are Portsmouth fans and live down here I don’t know
    Anyway that’s our best midfielder gone
  • NornIron
    13854 posts Has That Special Something
    Former Irish footballer played in England arrested in Dublin with 3M worth of Heroin.
    31 Year old I wonder who that is.

Just heard the names Alan and keith Quinn. Both at Sheff utd for a while.
  • wheelerdeeler
    7542 posts League Winner
    Heard this new shirt sponsorship is worth 50m a year, you know.
  • Hicksy2011
    17322 posts World Class
    The PFA have come out and said they haven’t been consulted on the salary cap rules which could make it unlawful
    Also basically called it out for the shambles it is
    Wonderful stuff
  • Dandingooo
    1815 posts Play-Off Hero

I’d buy a Fulham top if that was the sponsor
  • wheelerdeeler
    7542 posts League Winner
    Dandingooo wrote: »

I'd take it to be honest. Would be different to the standard RandomBettingCompanyBet sponsors most of the league has. Miss having sponsors like Pizza Hut.
  • Hicksy2011
    17322 posts World Class
    I’m really hoping they at least have an inquest when all of this is over and publicly shame the clubs that have tried to cheat the system with this season ending early thing
    Fleetwood couldn’t afford to end the season but suddenly have the money for Callum Camps, Whelan and Rossiter to line the middle of the park hmmmm ok pal
  • They Caged Non
    6338 posts Big Money Move
    New Fifa lol, give me a break.

PGA 2K21 is out in 15 days B)
  • Dandingooo
    1815 posts Play-Off Hero

I'd take it to be honest. Would be different to the standard RandomBettingCompanyBet sponsors most of the league has. Miss having sponsors like Pizza Hut.

Y2J on the back. Worth it
  • wheelerdeeler
    7542 posts League Winner

Y2J on the back. Worth it

The weird crossover we have with the Wrestling world now is weird. Get Steve Austin commenting on Tony Khan's Instagram when he posts after a win.
  • BristolMDF
    1343 posts Professional

Ignoring the sponsor, that kit is lush, and is everything a proper football kit should be.

Plain and simple, but well designed, looks mint.
  • james2060
    2987 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    I’m really hoping they at least have an inquest when all of this is over and publicly shame the clubs that have tried to cheat the system with this season ending early thing
    Fleetwood couldn’t afford to end the season but suddenly have the money for Callum Camps, Whelan and Rossiter to line the middle of the park hmmmm ok pal

Our chairman is saying he doesn't think it'll be put in place this season, and he's not bothered what the decision is as we're pretty much playing to the cap limit already. If you're going to introduce a cap, it's for the season not some half arsed attempt when teams have signed half a new squad
  • wheelerdeeler
    7542 posts League Winner
    edited August 7
    Shahid Khan’s come out and said no drastic changes this time around so think we’ll sign 3 or 4 players and that’ll be it. Wouldn’t surprise me if two of them were Babel and Harrison Reed either.
  • Ahmer50x
    24843 posts Club Captain
    Shahid Khan’s come out and said no drastic changes this time around so think we’ll sign 3 or 4 players and that’ll be it. Wouldn’t surprise me if two of them were Babel and Harrison Reed either.

Improve the supporting cast around Mitrovic a little bit and strengthen at the back and you'll be fine IMO
  • wheelerdeeler
    7542 posts League Winner
    edited August 7
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Improve the supporting cast around Mitrovic a little bit and strengthen at the back and you'll be fine IMO

LCB, RB, Harrison Reed (and maybe another Centre-Mid if we can’t keep Zambo), and a Winger (Babel) and I think that’ll be us.
  • Ashy
    11819 posts Has That Special Something

Buy Chambers please, hes coming off an injury but I think £15m with a couple of mil add ons is a good deal
  • wheelerdeeler
    7542 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »

Buy Chambers please, hes coming off an injury but I think £15m with a couple of mil add ons is a good deal

If we're selling Zambo I'd take Chambers, but he's not a good enough Defender to be a Centre-Back in a relegation scrapping team (insert Arsenal joke here).

Ideal world we're starting next season in about a month with a Midfield three of Reed, Anguissa; Onomah. Think that's the most balanced three we could have for next season.
  • iHilarious
    13333 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    The PFA have come out and said they haven’t been consulted on the salary cap rules which could make it unlawful
    Also basically called it out for the shambles it is
    Wonderful stuff

And it’s through...
  • Hicksy2011
    17322 posts World Class
    Well the turkeys have voted for Christmas
    Oh and almost every day some new British player is jumping over to Europe (we’ve lost Burgess and McGeehan to Belgium)
    So this is just going to be a talent drain
  • iHilarious
    Don’t you worry Hicksy, the best talent are still staying x
  • Hicksy2011
    17322 posts World Class
    On the positive side this could be the end for the EFL, they’ve done something that they have been pre warned is likely illegal on multiple fronts, that’s been organised at a reckless and dangerous speed (EFL report pointed out that basically every salary cap in sports took 1-2 years from conception to actually be organised, this has been done in about 3 months)
    When this inevitably goes down in flames the entire EFL board has to go immediately
  • GoodnightIrene
    Luckily we are winning the league next season so we only have to deal with this cap for one year at least.
  • iHilarious
    Luckily we are winning the league next season so we only have to deal with this cap for one year at least.

You sign Ayunga, we sign Taylor. There’s levels to this game and you ain’t winning x
  • GoodnightIrene
    iHilarious wrote: »

You sign Ayunga, we sign Taylor. There’s levels to this game and you ain’t winning x
    Taylor couldn't tie JCHs boots big boy x
  • Hicksy2011
    17322 posts World Class
    So I just found out that this cap includes bonuses
    So if a team who has spent their 2.5m of cap wins the EFL Trophy and the League Cup their players don’t get a single penny in bonuses
  • iHilarious
    iHilarious wrote: »

Taylor couldn't tie JCHs boots big boy x

Whoever finishes lower has to post skuddies in GD
  • wheelerdeeler
    7542 posts League Winner
    Just found out that the Joe Bryan Card is the joint highest rated Left-Back in FIFA history.

Guess he's officially the best Left-Back in the world then.