The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Dizzy Bala
    3839 posts National Call-Up
    "A mistake from Wayne Rooney"
  • wheelerdeeler
    7367 posts Big Money Move
    Saw this earlier as well, which made me laugh after I said I'd sign him yesterday.
  • iHilarious
    13294 posts Has That Special Something
    Saw this earlier as well, which made me laugh after I said I'd sign him yesterday.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he goes to you - would be a great Championship signing
  • wheelerdeeler
    iHilarious wrote: »

Wouldn’t surprise me if he goes to you - would be a great Championship signing

Said it yesterday, I know he's right-footed but he's a perfect replacement for Tim Ream. Good on the ball and nearly 10 years younger. And we need someone to play the ball, because as anyone who watched out game today can confirm Hector has a tendency to just hoof the ball a bit aimlessly.
  • Hicksy2011
    16902 posts World Class
    Think he was the best player in the play offs
    Very impressed tbh
  • wheelerdeeler
    Yeah I said as much yesterday. And then his Centre-Back partner left the ball and let the Wycombe guy in on goal for the Penalty.
  • Alastair
    10217 posts Moderator
    Anyone know much about Dan Jones?

LB most recently with Cambridge but played over 300 EFL appearances for several clubs. We’ve signed him today.
  • wheelerdeeler
    That's comical from Pereira.

Fair play to Pereira because he was the most dangerous player on the pitch 2nd Half after an attempted murder.
  • They Caged Non
    6257 posts Big Money Move
    Wigan are pretty much a win away from safety then aren’t they, that’s awesome if they foil the scam, biggest win in football this season.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Won't begrudge them beating us next week if it keeps them up. We're pretty much locked in to 4th after today so would imagine we start resting players for the Play-Offs in about 10 Days.
  • NornIron
    13800 posts Has That Special Something
    Remember seeing this guy last year against Linfield in the champions league was unplayable. Would be a great signing for a Championship club.
  • Hicksy2011
    16902 posts World Class
    Another morning on the Pompey hype train
    Not bothering to sign Seddon on a permanent, Hawkins said he was expecting a new contract then had a 3 minute phone call out the blue to tell him he wasn’t getting one
    And now Gareth Evans’ wife is having full on arguments with our fans on Twitter
    Wheels off
  • Handy Andy
    5927 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Absolutely huge win tonight Tavernier was a man possessed he really should be a big player for us next season

thought him, Fletcher and Roberts were class for you. Britt was good off the bench as well

Our home form is 3rd worst in the league but our away record is 7th, we are just terrible at breaking teams down who sit deep
  • AaronMFC
    1875 posts Play-Off Hero
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Absolutely huge win tonight Tavernier was a man possessed he really should be a big player for us next season

thought him, Fletcher and Roberts were class for you. Britt was good off the bench as well

Our home form is 3rd worst in the league but our away record is 7th, we are just terrible at breaking teams down who sit deep

Yeah its weird why we play tav so little and fletcher has played to many games out wide for us. I can understand those stats as well as you did play some neat and tidy stuff but not as much in the final third. If you can improve the home form though next season could be a good one.
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    Been linked with Eze again at QPR, doesn’t seem to go away this rumour.
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    Berge last week, Egan this week, shame I stopped playing Fifa before Christmas.
  • wheelerdeeler
    If this stays in for the Championship next season the teams with Parachute Payments are going to be at a big advantage. Especially with the finances most of the clubs will have because of COVID. And I know we'll be one of them, but still. Don't think it's the best idea.
  • Hicksy2011
    16902 posts World Class
    So league 1 and 2 are limited to 20 man squads now for the season
    All 20 are going to be allowed there for match days :joy:
  • They Caged Non
    6257 posts Big Money Move
    Handy Andy wrote: »

Yeah its weird why we play tav so little and fletcher has played to many games out wide for us. I can understand those stats as well as you did play some neat and tidy stuff but not as much in the final third. If you can improve the home form though next season could be a good one.

I think thats been down to managers and their perception of his attitude more than anything
  • WFCBagnall
    78798 posts Moderator
    Nice to see Bolton spending stupid amounts of money on wages for players in League 2 👏
  • Hicksy2011
    16902 posts World Class
    Salford signed Tom Clarke as well
    I’m just more confused than anything else to be honest about how this is happening while the salary cap and coronavirus are both happening but oh well
  • wheelerdeeler
    This is getting a bit silly from Brentford now.
  • AtomicOdin
    1161 posts Professional
    That 20 man squad limit is going to screw Sunderland and their 40 man squad.

Do under 21's count to squad limit as they dont count for the salary cap. Salford, Bolton and Mansfield all seem to be throwing money about.
    Wonder which team in L1 or 2 will be the first to get a points deduction for over spending or will the EFL do its usual and just turn a blind eye.
  • wheelerdeeler
    U21s surely wouldn't count, because otherwise nobodies kids would get a chance off the bench.
  • WFCBagnall
    78798 posts Moderator
    We've already got 15 first team players with just Danny Guthrie yet to resign.

Can't see us being busy at all, which is probably a good thing.
  • AtomicOdin
    1161 posts Professional
    Think we have 14 at the moment but hope to have O'Donnell & Mottley-Henry sign new contracts this week and Billy Clarke and Elliot Watt sign for us as well. We are going to need to move a few on as we only have 1 cm at the club and we dont have a right back.
  • Hicksy2011
    16902 posts World Class
    Yeh I don’t think under 21s count
    I’m just gonna hope that being forced to play the kids can give me some optimism back
    Already talking about Hancott (18) being our back up LB and Mnoga (england under 18) will almost certainly get reasonably consistent game time
    Add in our junior Northern Ireland internationals and a couple of other talented lads and maybe it’s going to be a more fun season than I expected
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited July 15
    Forest surely aren't going to bottle Play-Offs. Maybe it's the area not just Derby.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Unless Forest come back to win we're guaranteed a home leg second in the Play-Offs. Can't imagine us making 4 Points up on Brentford given they'll be going for it and we'll be resting players (most likely) so 4th it is.

Need to find my prediction from the start of the season on here where I said we'd be 4th.
  • BrentfordFC
    13440 posts Has That Special Something
    Seeing as we're less than a week away;
    1st. Cardiff
    2nd. West Brom
    3rd. Leeds
    4th. Fulham
    5th. Brentford
    6th. Stoke

22nd. Millwall
    23rd. Wigan
    24th. Charlton

Entirely based on the squads teams have as of today so Brentford keep Maupay and Benrahma basically.

@wheelerdeeler