The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    16934 posts World Class
    Burgess officially gone after 5 fantastic years
    One of my favourite things about the post Prem era for us has been how many players like him have completely got the club and the city, and done so much work for the community
    Been a real refreshing change of pace compared to having the entire squad in the VIP section of a club acting out scenes from Wolf of Wall Street or whatever goes on at prem clubs
  • Lard_Lad
    12737 posts Has That Special Something
    Huge goal that, considering our start post lockdown this has been a huge turnaround. Very good performance against a strong wolves team.
  • mott1993
    935 posts Semi-Pro
    I've forgotten what a win feels like, even if it was Hull
  • BristolMDF
    1270 posts Professional
    Cone collector taking us to Europe
  • Dizzy Bala
    3842 posts National Call-Up
    Despite us having all in all a good season, I gotta say I feel quite disconnected with football at the moment. Forest playing but not being able to go takes all the fun out of it.

Made me realise that I could never be an armchair fan.
  • They Caged Non
    6259 posts Big Money Move
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    One of my favourite things about the post Prem era for us has been how many players like him have completely got the club and the city, and done so much work for the community
    Been a real refreshing change of pace compared to having the entire squad in the VIP section of a club acting out scenes from Wolf of Wall Street or whatever goes on at prem clubs

Is that the lad from our academy? I think he was a uni student playing for Gateshead when Boro picked him up
  • Hicksy2011
    16934 posts World Class

Is that the lad from our academy? I think he was a uni student playing for Gateshead when Boro picked him up

Yeh it was
    Off to Belgium to play for the Brighton feeder club
  • They Caged Non
    6259 posts Big Money Move

Yeh it was
    Off to Belgium to play for the Brighton feeder club

Ah nice, i dont ever feel we gave him a chance really IIRC.
  • Alastair
    10217 posts Moderator
    Looks like we're moving our training base from 4G pitches on the Herefordshire/Gloucestershire border to someone further North - probably somewhere around Birmingham. Gonna be using grass pitches as well. Should enable us to attract better players as a lot of the Conference North players don't want to travel so far south to train. We're also increasing to training 3 times a week in the mornings (instead of twice a week in the evening).

Small steps towards a return to a full time professional setup . :smiley:
  • Hicksy2011
    16934 posts World Class
    Love to hear it
  • Hicksy2011
    16934 posts World Class
    Sounds as though Brentford are signing Curtis if they don’t go up (and therefore need to replace Benrahma)
    It’s all being ripped up
  • NornIron
    13807 posts Has That Special Something
    Won't be long before Hashtag utd are signing Portsmouth's best players etc.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    16645 posts World Class

The Adam Armstrong show
  • iHilarious
    13300 posts Has That Special Something
    Sounds as though Brentford are signing Curtis if they don’t go up (and therefore need to replace Benrahma)
    It’s all being ripped up

Was tosh in our games anyway x
  • iHilarious

David Dunn in at Football League new boys Barrow. Under a point per game at Oldham, not sure it’s a good appointment for them...
  • iHilarious
    I didn’t realise quite how well Harrogate have been performing this season :open_mouth: would be nice to see some new clubs in the 92
  • Hicksy2011
    16934 posts World Class
    edited July 9
    And now Haunstrup an outstanding young LB who was brilliant every time he played but bizarrely hated by Jackett has walked away from the club too at the end of his contract
    I’m so ❤️❤️❤️❤️ done with this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in charge
  • Dizzy Bala
    3842 posts National Call-Up
    I'm going to hate Huddersfield Town for the rest of my life for scamming us. So glad we ain't bought him lmao.
  • NornIron
    edited July 9

On the fringes of the Montpellier first-team turns down 4 year contract, Newcastle interested and he signs for Airdrie ''league 1'' Scottish Championship wouldn't even be the level of conference football.
  • Hicksy2011
    16934 posts World Class
    i dont understand how thats happened
  • NornIron
    Stuart Dallas is some player'' Everywhere''
  • wheelerdeeler
    7382 posts Big Money Move
    Up The Kett.
    jJIMF8y.png
  • BristolMDF
    1270 posts Professional
    Brilliant
  • wheelerdeeler
    One of Us. One of Us. @Farlz
  • Farlz
    8991 posts League Winner
    I'd be completely fine if I never had to experience Premier League football ever again
  • wheelerdeeler
    Farlz wrote: »
    I'd be completely fine if I never had to experience Premier League football ever again

Has there been any news about you money wise if/when you go down? Are you completely done in, or will selling Grealish and McGinn + Parachute Payments cover you?
  • Farlz
    8991 posts League Winner
    Selling Grealish should see us be fine

Sell Grealish/Mings, hold onto Luiz/McGinn, don't give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ what happens to the rest
  • wheelerdeeler
    Good luck trying to get anything close to what you paid for Mings based on the games I've seen him have recently. He's not even that young.
  • Farlz
    8991 posts League Winner
    He's not as good as I thought he was tbf, I mean he's too good for the Championship but he's been a right mess at times this season

Someone is bound to buy him though