The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• ryan217
    2953 posts Fans' Favourite
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    We didnt have a shot on target when we got beat at home by Luton. I have no confidence we will beat either of your teams.

If we somehow get through Blackburn, Fulham and Derby still in a strong position for top 6 then I've no doubt Warnock will beat us and cost us a play-off spot.
  • iHilarious
    13286 posts Has That Special Something
    james2060 wrote: »
    james2060 wrote: »
    Sorry but if you genuinely don't think Rotherham deserve to go up in second place you are clueless and delusional.

That was never the point though, as per Hicksy's post at the top of the page they could have easily have finished second but as easily finished 7th. If Rotherham went on to get 20 points obviously they deserve it. But they could have got 10, and when there's 3 points separating 2nd and 8th that's the difference between top 2 and missing out of the playoffs.
    When it's that close, how can you say any team deserves their position when one game later could see them drop 6 places?
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Imagine my shock, get to the play offs, 6 major decisions for the ref to make across the 2 legs and 5 go in Oxfords favour
    Every ❤️❤️❤️❤️ time
    They better go batter Wycombe because those lot shouldn’t even be in the play offs, absolute disgrace if them and Rotherham both get promoted when both don’t deserve ❤️❤️❤️❤️ anything
    It was quite literally his point that they don't deserve it.

They also were quite literally second in the table on a PPG basis, which averages out, get this, the amount of points each team has gained per game for the season. Mad to think the team that averaged the second highest amount of points in a season is going up in second place, just seems bonkers to me.

I wasn't referring to that post... and was referring to how close the league was with the post I highlighted..
    We all understand Rotherham "deserve" to go up based on where the table finished. They were second, top two go up. You can say if you're not in the top 2 when 80% has been played you don't deserve automatic promotion, but that's a complete disregard of the situation the league table was in. Forget about who were playing who, if the EFL waited two more days to postpone the league, Rotherham could have been out of the top 6, Sunderland and Wycombe could have been in the top 6.
    As has been mentioned, it's the decision that stinks. If we swapped roles with Rotherham, I'd expect we'd do the same as them and they'd do the same as us.

Why did you have to bring this up again @Hicksy2011 :tired_face:

Peterborough lol
  • wheelerdeeler
    7321 posts Big Money Move
    Onomah wearing gloves in July is making me reconsider my opinion that he deserved the start today.
  • They Caged Non
    6244 posts Big Money Move
    ryan217 wrote: »
    On a slightly different note, looking at our last 5 games, i cant see where a win is coming from, im now 99% certain we are getting relegated, going down without a whimper.

You'll beat us at the riverside 100%
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    ryan217 wrote: »
    On a slightly different note, looking at our last 5 games, i cant see where a win is coming from, im now 99% certain we are getting relegated, going down without a whimper.

You'll beat us at the riverside 100%

What the mighty fortress :D:D
  • Stlducks
    2183 posts Fans' Favourite
    Onomah wearing gloves in July is making me reconsider my opinion that he deserved the start today.

I remember him wearing gloves on the Tottenham youth team at random times. Never figured out why because it wasn't weather-related.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Bit of a FIFA goal with the rebound, but still a banger.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Get ready for Prime Parkerball 2nd Half as long as we keep it 1-0. Le Marchand, Mawson and Sessegnon on for Bobby Reid, Kebano and Cavaleiro.
  • Stlducks
    2183 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm glad VAR isn't around to ruin that goal with a handball while Arter was on the ground. Great hit.
  • Retro1989
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    Diakhaby is a wonderful player isn't he? I mean who else can touch a ball and it fly forward 40 yards.
  • Retro1989
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    After the things i've witnessed this 2nd half i don't want to go up.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3831 posts National Call-Up
    **** off.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Good win there. Absolute worst case scenario is it means we've beaten the team we're about 85% likely to get in the Play-Offs.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited July 7
    Tactically think that's genuinely been Parker's best game for us. Especially with the players we had missing.
  • BristolMDF
    1247 posts Professional
  • BrentfordFC
    13437 posts Has That Special Something
    Good win there. Absolute worst case scenario is it means we've beaten the team we're about 85% likely to get in the Play-Offs.

I said you could win it. Gotta have faith man !
  • BrentfordFC
    13437 posts Has That Special Something
    Good win that. Had 11 men behind the ball from the 10th minute playing on the counter vs us :joy:

Glad we pulled out a win. Wasn’t the best game for us. But we got the points. More pressure on top 2. Onto the next !
  • wheelerdeeler

I said you could win it. Gotta have faith man !

To be fair I just said Forest and Cardiff aren't a guaranteed 6 Points before we have West Brom.
  • Farlz
    8966 posts League Winner
    We're back fellas :blush:
  • wheelerdeeler

One of us. One of us.
  • Hicksy2011
    16867 posts World Class
    Up the Brentford
  • wheelerdeeler
    West Brom/Derby tomorrow will be very interesting.
  • They Caged Non
    Farlz wrote: »
    We're back fellas :blush:

You can have our spot mate.
  • wheelerdeeler
    I could be about to do an Invincible season in my first season back and not even win the league.
    Sx3vMWc.png
  • wheelerdeeler
    And also, I've hit the Year where the Brazilian names start getting... interesting.
    UpvOCPB.png
  • They Caged Non
    This is gonna be fun... the award for the weirdest kick off time in the history of English football and getting dicked by Millwall.
  • BristolMDF
    1247 posts Professional
    If there's a more Brexit fixture than Warnock's Middlesborough vs Millwall I can't imagine it.
  • They Caged Non
    If there's a more Brexit fixture than Warnock's Middlesborough vs Millwall I can't imagine it.

West Ham cough cough, or the Burnley v Sheff United game the other night:)
  • AaronMFC
    1865 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well that was a huge win for us did not see it coming which is normally a classic sign a surprise win is coming.
  • They Caged Non
    Dirty Millwall