The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7057 posts Big Money Move
    Pietu wrote: »
    Go on then @Pietu who am I taking.
    KxPxGBi.png

@wheelerdeeler You are taking GrIFK for a couple of reasons, firstly because they have never won anything irl, and secondly, because they play in a small city called Kauniainen. It has 9800 people so not many even for us and the area of Kauniainen itself is really small but it’s close to Helsinki so you have potential to tap into the Helsinki market, also the city itself is rich with many rich people and also many Swedish speaking people, the club name is also in Swedish, it's called Grankulla and that's Kauniainen in Swedish so you might get some Swedes through your intake. Good luck, it's not going to be easy!

Up the Grankulla then. Can I just say this Cup format is all over the shop. Start with a Cup Group Stage in Pre-Season a month before the actual season starts and then you don't play the next round until a 3 weeks into the season.

I don't even remember how it goes tbh, haven't had any long term saves in Finland! Is FC Santa Claus in either of the playable league btw?

And these are my Fixtures by the way. Shambles.
    hAjGht9.png
  • Pietu
    6573 posts Big Money Move
    KxPxGBi.png

@wheelerdeeler You are taking GrIFK for a couple of reasons, firstly because they have never won anything irl, and secondly, because they play in a small city called Kauniainen. It has 9800 people so not many even for us and the area of Kauniainen itself is really small but it’s close to Helsinki so you have potential to tap into the Helsinki market, also the city itself is rich with many rich people and also many Swedish speaking people, the club name is also in Swedish, it's called Grankulla and that's Kauniainen in Swedish so you might get some Swedes through your intake. Good luck, it's not going to be easy!

Up the Grankulla then. Can I just say this Cup format is all over the shop. Start with a Cup Group Stage in Pre-Season a month before the actual season starts and then you don't play the next round until a 3 weeks into the season.

I don't even remember how it goes tbh, haven't had any long term saves in Finland! Is FC Santa Claus in either of the playable league btw?

Third Division, so no. Tempted to use the Editor and just give them loads of players to get them promoted until they're playable- but I'll stick with Grankulla for now.

Hopefully they get promoted!
  • Pietu
    KxPxGBi.png

hAjGht9.png

Has HJK been dominant in the league?
  • wheelerdeeler
    KxPxGBi.png

hAjGht9.png

BTvxsof.png
  • Pietu
    KxPxGBi.png

hAjGht9.png

BTvxsof.png

Not as dominating as I was expecting!
  • wheelerdeeler
    KxPxGBi.png

hAjGht9.png

BTvxsof.png

I reckon they'll start dominating more now that all of the players have actually spawned in rather than it just being on in the background. Think something like 8 or 9 of the players I'm calling up for Finland play for them.
  • Pietu
    KxPxGBi.png

hAjGht9.png

BTvxsof.png

I reckon they'll start dominating more now that all of the players have actually spawned in rather than it just being on in the background. Think something like 8 or 9 of the players I'm calling up for Finland play for them.

But you are going to take over at some point and become the top club!
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited June 30
    KxPxGBi.png

hAjGht9.png

BTvxsof.png

Based on my games so far that's a couple of years away (at least). Not even a Professional team at the moment.
  • Pietu
    KxPxGBi.png

hAjGht9.png

BTvxsof.png

Based on my games so far that's a couple of years away (at least). Not even a Professional team at the moment.

You are in no hurry, it's the long game that matters
  • NornIron
    13702 posts Has That Special Something
    Which N.I youngster has the most potential in FM? thinking it should be Galbraith or Mccalmont.
  • Alastair
    10207 posts Moderator
    Going back to our usual topic of discussion, it appears this lounge doesn’t fit the national trend. Also no Henderson’s sauce which will annoy the Northerners.

• james2060
    2949 posts Fans' Favourite
    who goes to a chip shop and gets ketchup
  • iHilarious
    13246 posts Has That Special Something
    What do you mean our most popular is mushy peas :angry:
  • BristolMDF
    1124 posts Professional
    Everyone knows mayonnaise is the best accompaniment if it's just chips you're having.
  • BristolMDF
    1124 posts Professional
    But who can focus on such trivialities when I've just been appointed as the new manager of Torquay United. Up the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Gulls.
  • They Caged Non
    6152 posts Big Money Move
    you are all losers... the proper way to do it is a different one in each corner, then you can choose at will.
  • They Caged Non
    Im colourblind so that map means nothing to me ffs.
  • BristolMDF
    1124 posts Professional
    edited July 1

Then how do you know what you've got in each corner?
  • NornIron
    13702 posts Has That Special Something
    Mayo or Salad cream ffs. Mine is correct Gravy '' well 50/50 with curry''
  • They Caged Non
    BristolMDF wrote: »

Then how do you know what you've got in each corner?

Haha, thats the beauty, like eating potato revels.
  • Hicksy2011
    16377 posts World Class
    Wigan in administration, first of many I would imagine
    Fleetwood and Doncaster the other 2 that pop straight to mind of clubs that have blown us out the water on certain transfers despite seemingly having no money to do so
  • Tornado31619
    21119 posts Club Captain
    Just saw. :(
  • Alastair
    10207 posts Moderator
    Sad to see. The only slight positive is they believe it'll safeguard the future of the club.

You have to wonder if the Championship's desire to restart has caused this. Chester have said it'll cost them £30k just for the Conference North playoffs so the Championship restart is gonna cost clubs several million I'd guess.
  • Hicksy2011
    16377 posts World Class
    Nope shouldn’t have really
    At least I know for our level the EFL were paying for testing and then taking it out of future prize money so not too bad
    I guess taking players off furlough would have an impact but frankly they had a few weeks there on furlough and the clubs should be used to paying players over the summer with no income
  • They Caged Non
    Does that mean they are 10 points deducted then?
  • Hicksy2011
    16377 posts World Class
    12 points
    If they somehow get relegated without the point deduction then they get them next year
    If they stay up they get them this year
    So won’t be sorted until after the season ends
  • BristolMDF
    1124 posts Professional
    Does that mean they are 10 points deducted then?

All about you isn’t it.
  • Lard_Lad
    12713 posts Has That Special Something
    The answer is and always will be Gravy. If you can have two it’s Cheese and Gravy.
  • Alastair
    10207 posts Moderator
    Points deduction will be next season I assume. Normally any administrations after the last Thursday in March count for the next season.

Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Nope shouldn’t have really
    At least I know for our level the EFL were paying for testing and then taking it out of future prize money so not too bad
    I guess taking players off furlough would have an impact but frankly they had a few weeks there on furlough and the clubs should be used to paying players over the summer with no income

Ah didn’t realise the EFL were paying for so much. That’s good to see.

• DelboyIRA
    386 posts Sunday League Hero

I like Middlesbrough pink and gold shirt