The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Akinfenwaaaa
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    You can just copy mine if you really want. It's won me the majority of the Trophies I won, so it can't be terrible.
    Eb2Jqo6.png

Do you use individual player instructions?
  • wheelerdeeler
    7058 posts Big Money Move
    You can just copy mine if you really want. It's won me the majority of the Trophies I won, so it can't be terrible.
    Eb2Jqo6.png

Do you use individual player instructions?

Depends on the player. I had Tarique Fosu in L1 and the Championship who would basically run the full length of the pitch dribbling past everyone and then his shot would hit the corner flag so I had to tell him to Shoot Less etc.
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 29
    Probably stating the obvious, but I'd definitely recommend it. Fully taken over my life against since Lockdown started, which I knew it would when I downloaded it.

Ye me and 3 other mates have been doing an online since lockdown, I started off as Southampton, one was Newcastle, one was Everton and the other Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace guy got sacked first around February of the 1st season, then took over Peterborough around April of the 1st season, won League 1 in his 2nd season, won Championship in his 3rd season somehow, survived relegation in the PL in his 4th season then resigned towards end of his 5th season since he was bottom and couldn't take it anymore :D

Everton guy got them like 6th, 8th and got sacked in this 3rd season towards the end hanging around bottom half of the table, took Preston in his 4th season and got to play offs in Championship but never promoted

Newcastle guy got sacked first season right near the end, took MK Dons job in the 2nd season, got promoted to Championship in the 3rd season, took him 2 season in the Championship to get to the PL and finished 8th first season in the top flight

Finally me, Southampton finished 8th season 1, 6th season 2, 5th season 3 and won FA cup and got to QF Europa. Won manager of the year. Finished 3rd in season 4 and got to SF of Europa. Finished 3rd again in season 5, won Carabao Cup and got to QF of UCL. Finished 4th in season 6, won Carabao cup once again and got to QF of UCL again. Ended it there looking at getting a national team job next

Liverpool are so OP winning league all 6 season and UCL the last 5 seasons in a row. Love the game its addicting especially with mates but gets a bit repetitive after awhile
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited June 29
    The getting repetitive thing is why I finally finished with Kettering. Without wanting to sound a bit arrogant, it genuinely does get boring winning everything. And I was at that point with Kettering, I could literally sign anyone I wanted, I had the best everything etc. The good thing about being with Kettering is it was different every season for ages because I needed all of the promotions, then had to stay up, qualify for Europe and my stated aim at the start of winning the Champions League etc.

Not sure what my exact aim will be when I move to Finland. Maybe win a European trophy even if it's just the BTEC Europa and develop a load of players so I can be properly competitive in major tournaments with Finland.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Go on then @Pietu who am I taking.
    KxPxGBi.png
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited June 29
    Also as a little bonus @Pietu. Only finished behind Belgium, and only lost to them. Finished ahead of Scotland, which we can all get behind.
    be7WeIV.png

• AaronMFC
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    Last time i had fm i only did one season and a bit of the next felt so betrayed by my teams drop in form I havent recovered enough to try it again.
  • wheelerdeeler
    I said it before I downloaded FM in March, last time I played FM properly was FM 2015 where I was in League One after starting in the Vanarama South (or Blue Square South or whatever it was back then) think I was about 7 or 8 seasons in and then my Laptop crashed and the Save File corrupted and I was genuinely heartbroken and hadn't played it properly again until this Kettering save.
  • Pietu
    6574 posts Big Money Move
    KxPxGBi.png

@wheelerdeeler You are taking GrIFK for a couple of reasons, firstly because they have never won anything irl, and secondly, because they play in a small city called Kauniainen. It has 9800 people so not many even for us and the area of Kauniainen itself is really small but it’s close to Helsinki so you have potential to tap into the Helsinki market, also the city itself is rich with many rich people and also many Swedish speaking people, the club name is also in Swedish, it's called Grankulla and that's Kauniainen in Swedish so you might get some Swedes through your intake. Good luck, it's not going to be easy!
  • Pietu
    Also as a little bonus @Pietu. Only finished behind Belgium, and only lost to them. Finished ahead of Scotland, which we can all get behind.
    be7WeIV.png

Yay! First time ever!
  • dannyboy
    12883 posts Has That Special Something
    If you don't play 442 diamond you're doing it wrong
  • iHilarious
    13248 posts Has That Special Something
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53221680

6 BAME?

Moore, Campbell (lol), Santo apparently.. who else?
  • Hicksy2011
    16380 posts World Class
    edited June 30
    Campbell gone now
    Curle and Maamria
  • wheelerdeeler
    Harry Arter starting again, I'm sure the replies to our Teamsheet on Twitter will be perfectly rational and considered. Front three is decent considering, but our Bench attacking wise is a shambles, so if we need a goal we're screwed.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited June 30
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Campbell gone now
    Curle and Maamria

It'll be back to 6 when we've sacked Parker and replaced him with Hughton by about 10pm tonight.
  • BrentfordFC
    13414 posts Has That Special Something
    So glad no one has picked up on mbeumo and benrahma has caught the limelight. Kids got so much potential. 15 goals and 6 assists in his debut season and he’s only 20 !
  • wheelerdeeler
    jose.gif
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    Fed up with this season now. Officials are appalling and we can't give them the abuse they rightfully deserve from the stands.

Rather just stick a few of the younger lads in for the rest of the season now.
  • BrentfordFC
    jose.gif

:joy:
  • BristolMDF
    1129 posts Professional
    Baggies got to be sweating now
  • wheelerdeeler
    Parker always digs a result out when he's on the edge. Same has happened two or three other times this season, Leeds at Home springs to mind.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited June 30
    I also remember posting about Parker when the 5 Sub rule was announced. Our most "attacking" player on the pitch by the end of the game was Joe Bryan, no actually. Was 5-5-0.
    Rodak; Christie, Hector, Ream, Le Marchand, Odoi; Sessegnon, Reed, McDonald, Onomah, Bryan.
  • BrentfordFC
    So good to see qpr lose
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited June 30
    It's genuinely baffling to me that we've managed to do the double over QPR while playing absolutely shockingly for large parts of both games and without Mitrovic in either game as well.

Also fairly certain the two QPR games are the only two games where we've conceded first and then come back to win all season.
  • wheelerdeeler
    As if Leeds are losing to Luton. If we were in any way competent we'd have half a chance of catching up.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Pietu wrote: »
    KxPxGBi.png

@wheelerdeeler You are taking GrIFK for a couple of reasons, firstly because they have never won anything irl, and secondly, because they play in a small city called Kauniainen. It has 9800 people so not many even for us and the area of Kauniainen itself is really small but it’s close to Helsinki so you have potential to tap into the Helsinki market, also the city itself is rich with many rich people and also many Swedish speaking people, the club name is also in Swedish, it's called Grankulla and that's Kauniainen in Swedish so you might get some Swedes through your intake. Good luck, it's not going to be easy!

Up the Grankulla then. Can I just say this Cup format is all over the shop. Start with a Cup Group Stage in Pre-Season a month before the actual season starts and then you don't play the next round until a 3 weeks into the season.
  • Pietu
    KxPxGBi.png

Up the Grankulla then. Can I just say this Cup format is all over the shop. Start with a Cup Group Stage in Pre-Season a month before the actual season starts and then you don't play the next round until a 3 weeks into the season.

I don't even remember how it goes tbh, haven't had any long term saves in Finland! Is FC Santa Claus in either of the playable league btw?
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    Lovely Leeds dropped points, Brentford now 2 off West Brom who play tomorrow and only 6 off Leeds
  • BrentfordFC
    Ashy wrote: »
    Lovely Leeds dropped points, Brentford now 2 off West Brom who play tomorrow and only 6 off Leeds

Gunna have to send you a shirt if you shout us out again :trollface:
  • wheelerdeeler
    KxPxGBi.png

I don't even remember how it goes tbh, haven't had any long term saves in Finland! Is FC Santa Claus in either of the playable league btw?

Third Division, so no. Tempted to use the Editor and just give them loads of players to get them promoted until they're playable- but I'll stick with Grankulla for now.