The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• They Caged Non
    6158 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Hes clearly fallen out with Dyche, I agree what hes doing is wrong but he wanted out in January and for some reason Dyche wouldnt even loan him despite having no use for him so I understand his frustrations as well.

I just hope it doesnt end up making the club look bad having him dressed in Boro training gear running about like he plays for us.. he clearly still has his heart in the area but i guess his wage demands would be way too high for anything we could afford, its all just a bit weird to me mate. I dont think Woody is that pleased about it, he said something along the lines of his uncle owns the club so he can come and go as he pleases didnt he.

Im not too sure I havent seen Woodgate comment on it Im sure Gibson would take much lower wages to rejoin us but obviously Burnley wont be happy and wont want to sell to us after letting him train with us. Unless we give them Fry Im surprised how many clubs hes linked with hes clearly got potential but overall hes had a poor season.

Yeah like you say his season, like the rest of the team has been bang average. It will be interesting to see what happens with Gibson tbh, but at the moment the situation stinks.

On a more pressing matter, i cant believe Howson has been allowed to run down his contract, we really are screwed.
  • AaronMFC
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hes clearly fallen out with Dyche, I agree what hes doing is wrong but he wanted out in January and for some reason Dyche wouldnt even loan him despite having no use for him so I understand his frustrations as well.

I just hope it doesnt end up making the club look bad having him dressed in Boro training gear running about like he plays for us.. he clearly still has his heart in the area but i guess his wage demands would be way too high for anything we could afford, its all just a bit weird to me mate. I dont think Woody is that pleased about it, he said something along the lines of his uncle owns the club so he can come and go as he pleases didnt he.

Im not too sure I havent seen Woodgate comment on it Im sure Gibson would take much lower wages to rejoin us but obviously Burnley wont be happy and wont want to sell to us after letting him train with us. Unless we give them Fry Im surprised how many clubs hes linked with hes clearly got potential but overall hes had a poor season.

Yeah like you say his season, like the rest of the team has been bang average. It will be interesting to see what happens with Gibson tbh, but at the moment the situation stinks.

On a more pressing matter, i cant believe Howson has been allowed to run down his contract, we really are screwed.

Ayala too although imo Howson has been much better as a rb and cb for us then he ever was when he played as a cm. Versatile players like that are really useful im in the minority of Middlesbrough fans who will miss Shotton as well i think overall he has done a good job for us at rb and cb.
  • They Caged Non

Ayala too although imo Howson has been much better as a rb and cb for us then he ever was when he played as a cm. Versatile players like that are really useful im in the minority of Middlesbrough fans who will miss Shotton as well i think overall he has done a good job for us at rb and cb.

True mate
  • BristolMDF
    1130 posts Professional
    Diedhiou to Fenerbahce is an interesting one
  • wheelerdeeler
    7068 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 8
    I've officially taken the plunge and downloaded Football Manager. Will report back when I've won the Champions League with Kettering.

5 Seasons in the Prem, 10 Seasons total, basically 2 months exactly, over 200 Hours- but we're in the endgame now. Up the Kett.
    yHMTMNB.png

Should also point out I've properly banged this season. Could've even got Champions League from winning the Europa.
    KrSjCdV.png

• BristolMDF
    1130 posts Professional
    Get a logo pack you absolute peasant
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone indulged in a bit of PES2020 this year? I've started playing it, much prefer the concept of MyClub to Fifa's Ultimate Team but my word the gameplay is horrific.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Being a bit snakey with this only giving fans a refund option until Friday. Taken the full refund because there's no guarantee we'll be able to go to games start of next season either. Plus I reckon 75% of our games are going to end up on TV because of where we are so the Fulham TV option is moot.
  • wheelerdeeler
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Get a logo pack you absolute peasant

Not going through this on here again. Spent like 4 hours trying to get one to work before and I just ended up with a load of files and an unzipper downloaded. I embrace the generic badges.
  • james2060
    2951 posts Fans' Favourite
    League One teams getting tested before the vote on how to end the season, you couldn't make this up. I gave up on us getting in the playoffs weeks ago but the weekly ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the EFL keep having is unbelievable.
  • They Caged Non
    I guess with all this destroying statues of ‘wrong uns’ at the minute there is a risk that yours won’t be lasting much longer Wheeler?
  • wheelerdeeler
    Assuming you mean the Michael Jackson one we haven’t had it at the Cottage for at least 5 years now. Think it’s in a museum somewhere.

But it would’ve 100% ended up in the Thames otherwise.
  • They Caged Non
    Assuming you mean the Michael Jackson one we haven’t had it at the Cottage for at least 5 years now. Think it’s in a museum somewhere.

Ah didn’t even realise it had gone, was mental that haha.
  • Alastair
    10207 posts Moderator

Yeah, it's in the NFM in Manchester.
  • Hicksy2011
    16390 posts World Class
    Yay what a sense of achievement I feel
  • AaronMFC
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sunderland til i die season 3 is going to be an interesting watch.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Must be a weird feeling to literally get promoted via a vote.
  • iHilarious
    13250 posts Has That Special Something
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »

Let’s have it you ponce
  • Hicksy2011
    16390 posts World Class
    iHilarious wrote: »

Let’s have it you ponce

We have won 0 of our 6 play off matches
    You’ll be ok
  • iHilarious
    13250 posts Has That Special Something
    iHilarious wrote: »

Let’s have it you ponce

We have won 0 of our 6 play off matches
    You’ll be ok

I’m not sure about that lol
  • NornIron
    13706 posts Has That Special Something
    Hope Sykes rips apart Portsmouth :p
  • wheelerdeeler
    Was sorting out my files and dug up this old photo. Happy days @BRISTOL86 @BristolMDF koCNH0l.jpg
  • AaronMFC
    1816 posts Play-Off Hero
    Have they announced when the play offs are and is the final at Wembley?
  • Kingy
    2333 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Rulistening

Col U v Cheltenham at Wembley potentially. Doesn't get much bigger than that.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited June 9
    Have they announced when the play offs are and is the final at Wembley?

For the Championship I'd think the Semi's would start the Saturday and Sunday after the last round of fixtures on the Wednesday. And then Midweek 2nd legs and Final maybe the following weekend which would be 1st week of August.

Don't know for L1 and L2 because they obviously aren't playing out the rest of the season. Depends if they want to do the usual Play-Off weekend at Wembley with all of the games over the weekend. Although I think the only Bank Holiday we have in August is right at the end so who knows.
  • BristolMDF
    1130 posts Professional
    edited June 9
    Was sorting out my files and dug up this old photo. Happy days @BRISTOL86 @BristolMDF koCNH0l.jpg

No they weren’t. Was that the 1-4?

Weird thing was that team was good on an individual basis. Ayling, Flint, Freeman, Bryan, Kodjia...
  • wheelerdeeler

No they weren’t. Was that the 1-4?

It was. Think I took that photo about 4 rows further forward than I was originally after Tunnicliffe's chip.
  • wheelerdeeler

Weird thing was that team was good on an individual basis. Ayling, Flint, Freeman, Bryan, Kodjia...

... and our team was absolutely shambolic apart from McCormack, Dembele and Cairney and we still had Kit Symons in charge. Only thing I remember about it is we matched your 3 at the back and there was some very suspect defending. Think Flint literally put Dembele in 1 on 1 for one of the goals.