The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7367 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 17
    iHilarious wrote: »
    The Kett are going Continental. Even if it is just the BTEC Europa League. Related note, does anyone know if you can change the names of Leagues/Cups etc. with the Editor thing you can buy?
    nG8abtQ.png

You can download a real names fix but I think it only applies to new saves

I just spent 4 quid on the Editor, lets you do it in game. Put 136 Hours and counting into this Kettering save, might as well. It's only what? one 5th of a 100k Pack?
    5sih9uM.png
  • GoodnightIrene
    3902 posts National Call-Up
    The Kett are going Continental. Even if it is just the BTEC Europa League. Related note, does anyone know if you can change the names of Leagues/Cups etc. with the Editor thing you can buy?
    nG8abtQ.png

Don't tell me you've been playing this whole time without a badge pack Wheeler?

There's a special seat reserved in HELL for people like you.
  • wheelerdeeler
    nG8abtQ.png

Don't tell me you've been playing this whole time without a badge pack Wheeler?

There's a special seat reserved in HELL for people like you.

I embrace the default badges.
    tHAszpz.png

I did look at it, but the main one was taken down for copyright issues.
    https://www.fmscout.com/a-standard-logos-megapack-2020.html
  • GoodnightIrene
    Ironically the Derby badge is the worst looking badge there purely for that horrible white block around the edge.
  • iHilarious
    13294 posts Has That Special Something
    I can’t play without badges - get some faces as well Wheeler
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited May 18
    I can’t play without badges - get some faces as well Wheeler

If you give me a link that works for Mac and I can add for my Kettering save I'm right there.

Plus I've always struggled with the whole "zipping" thing and how you actually get the files across and make them work. Don't know why. Wish you could get them on Steam Workshop.
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on
  • wheelerdeeler
    Just found Kits and player faces on Steam Workshop, but not badges.
  • iHilarious
    Not the one I’ve used but should do the job?

https://www.fmscout.com/c-fm20-logos.html
  • iHilarious
    You do need WinRAR/7Zip though
  • wheelerdeeler
    I'm fine with the Steam Workshop stuff to be honest. I really don't care that much about it.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited May 18
    Liverpool won the Europa so I get in instead of being in the BTEC one (I think, message randomly popped up).
    wdg5hGx.png

Turns out it was Man City winning the Champions League. Either way, the Kett are going continental.
    Post edited by wheelerdeeler on
  • AaronMFC
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    Coming Home Status: It's.
    UAR1aRB.png

It's Home.
    PhXkb6b.png

Those penalty shoot outs its a revenge tour the next tournament you have to beat Italy and Portugal on pens,
  • wheelerdeeler
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Coming Home Status: It's.
    UAR1aRB.png

It's Home.
    PhXkb6b.png

Those penalty shoot outs its a revenge tour the next tournament you have to beat Italy and Portugal on pens,

Honestly if that Germany game happened in real life there would've been actual heart attacks.
    8r5RsMb.png
  • ViVaWhom
    8953 posts League Winner
    it looks like way too many goals happen in extra time lol
  • They Caged Non
    6258 posts Big Money Move
    Hows everyone feeling regarding Football at the minute? was talking to a couple of mates and we are all at the point where we have almost stopped caring about it now... the first few weekends were a bit weird but now im not even noticing its not on.
  • wheelerdeeler
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    it looks like way too many goals happen in extra time lol

Think it was just fitness levels, because I rotated loads until the Germany game.
  • Hicksy2011
    16910 posts World Class
    At 11am this morning I had a weird moment where the sun was shining and I got all excited because it’s summer and 11am which means start of cricket matches days play
    But as for football no excitement at all
    Don’t think it helps that we have zero idea over what league people are going to play in, if we are even going to have much of a league with potentially a losing of teams going bust
    All an absolute mess
  • wheelerdeeler
    Hows everyone feeling regarding Football at the minute? was talking to a couple of mates and we are all at the point where we have almost stopped caring about it now... the first few weekends were a bit weird but now im not even noticing its not on.

I think it's going to be hard to start properly caring again until I'm actually going to games again. And that's probably not going to happen this year.

Basically until I feel invested again (financially and emotionally) it's just going to feel quite detached and distant. Especially given they're almost literally putting a dome over the players and cordoning them off from the rest of society to get the games done.
  • They Caged Non

I think it's going to be hard to start properly caring again until I'm actually going to games again. And that's probably not going to happen this year.

Basically until I feel invested again (financially and emotionally) it's just going to feel quite detached and distant. Especially given they're almost literally putting a dome over the players and cordoning them off from the rest of society to get the games done.

Yeah fully agree,
  • wheelerdeeler
    I am interested to see the long-term financial effects this has on Football at the lower levels. I remember reading an article on Bury, and one of the people trying to set the Phoenix club up and the gist of it was that Football is such a routine, and once that routine is broken and people find other ways to spend their weekends there's no guarantee they'll come back.

Obviously in this context it was about Bury fans and there being no guarantee the full 100% of fans they got at Gigg Lane would be back after no team to support for a season. But I think it still applies now.
  • Hicksy2011
    16910 posts World Class
    To be honest so many teams are ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    So like take league 2, 4 teams go up and probably only Barrow replace them
    21 team league
    5 go bust (entirely plausible)
    16 team league
    If that’s not sorted out soon enough they are actually losing 1/3rd of their league games as well as the League Cup (I assume that’s going to be cancelled for the year)
    That’s going to trigger more teams going bust etc etc
    The EFL might need the craziest restructure in about a years time
  • wheelerdeeler
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    21 team league

Is there not going to be relegation from L1? Haven't followed it that closely.
  • Hicksy2011
    16910 posts World Class
    21 team league

Don’t think so if the season gets voided
    Quite what happens to Bolton in that scenario I don’t know
    They’d argue it would be a second wasted season for them but no punishment seems like BS
  • AaronMFC
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    At 11am this morning I had a weird moment where the sun was shining and I got all excited because it’s summer and 11am which means start of cricket matches days play
    Don’t think it helps that we have zero idea over what league people are going to play in, if we are even going to have much of a league with potentially a losing of teams going bust
    All an absolute mess

I am really missing the cricket as well was meant to be going to a t20 v australia in july. Was hoping for a better day out than last years ashes test since the day i went to smith got a double ton and lyon and starc smashed us around.
  • wheelerdeeler
    21 team league

Don’t think so if the season gets voided
    Quite what happens to Bolton in that scenario I don’t know
    They’d argue it would be a second wasted season for them but no punishment seems like BS

Surely it'd be PPG though. Would be a crime if Bolton and Southend weren't relegated given how far off they are.
  • GoodnightIrene
    I'm missing playing myself, not at all bothered about the professional scene at the moment.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    All an absolute mess

I am really missing the cricket as well was meant to be going to a t20 v australia in july. Was hoping for a better day out than last years ashes test since the day i went to smith got a double ton and lyon and starc smashed us around.

I said that the other day, I don’t care about football but cricket being off is a proper downer atm
  • Alastair
    10217 posts Moderator
    Looks like Swindon could be about to do the League Two promotion and administration double made famous by Bury.

• wheelerdeeler
    Gareth Barry as in... walking yellow card, West Brom Gareth Barry?