The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    7355 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 24
    Got Rodak for 19.5, Mitrovic for 100 and Benrahma for 84. Only ones I'm interested in. Probably overpaid a bit, but I just wanted them. Want Mitrovic for this weekends FUT Champs. Beg they do a Flashback Skriniar or something so I can link Rodak.
  • iHilarious
    13287 posts Has That Special Something
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    With any luck that Toney doesn't require Rivals.

Its all squad battles, mint!

Very tempted for the strong link
  • wheelerdeeler
    15/21 for my Prediction (so far). Ones that haven't got one are Samba, Marosi, Dickie, Sarcevic, Walsh and Ollie Watkins. And I'm assuming Watkins is an SBC so that'd be 16 right. Not bad.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4251 posts National Call-Up
    I don't know if I'm being incredibly biased or ignorant but I really just cannot understand the hype around Kalvin Phillips. He's essentially the EFL Lingard. Geezer's 24 years old, done absolutely nothing of note, and people bang on about him like he's 18 years old and absolutely running the Championship.

Also feel my decision to not buy Fifa for the first time in many years has been justified by the absolute criminal act of not including either Shaun Hutchinson or Jed Wallace in that TOTS. Thank you EA, back to Football Manager I go.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Think Phillips is the sort of player that you notice more when they aren't playing. 99% sure Leeds' bad "they're bottling again" run came when he got injured.

Still 2 TOTS spots open assuming it's going to be 23. Ollie Watkins will be one, but we don't know for the other. But FM is superior.
  • BrentfordFC
    13440 posts Has That Special Something
    Still shocked benrahma got in over Mbeumo :lol:
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited April 24
    8/10 in Champs, 20G7A with TOTS Mitrovic. I know it's only early FUT Champs, but this Mitrovic card is a banger. Can't work out why they gave him pace, but not complaining.

Using Cavaleiro to link him and he's popped up with 6 Goals as well, so fair play to him.
  • wheelerdeeler
    This is my team at the moment. Literally begging EA to do a boosted Skriniar card now, because then I can link Rodak into my main team.
    95l6W3f.png
  • Farlz
    8974 posts League Winner
    543cdfae15028b5f4ff81d8bfa3512f3.png

The boys, switch to 4231 IG
    DDG
    Cash - Ajayi - Hierro - Amavi
    Nakata - Lamps
    Eze - Ney - Benrahma
    Mitro

the Championship lot are very enjoyable
  • Farlz
    8974 posts League Winner
    Also just realised I should get Rodak for Ajayi chem but De Gea is too good
  • wheelerdeeler
    Farlz wrote: »
    Also just realised I should get Rodak for Ajayi chem but De Gea is too good

When you can buy him just get Pereira for Eze and swap Lampard for him.
  • Dizzy Bala
    3834 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 25
    No coins left, discarded a bunch of bronzes that wouldn't sell to get the extra needed for James Henry. Sold Wan-Bissaka OTW for 30k profit, so I managed to get both Matty Cash and Eze.

This is probably going to be it, although with the Premierleague TOTS to come, might still get a player out of it yet. I'd love a good Luke Shaw card, but Richards does the job.

86c4753bb2106f1a74508295020ad7ef.png
    0d487a6e9ffd80ec25ae90afeee5fd21.png
    6a5303a9c1551258b8fb397d2dbc2ecd.png

• wheelerdeeler
    Pro Investment tip. Try and snipe a Benrahma during one of these Lightning Rounds, because his price will go up when (and it surely has to be when) they release the Watkins SBC.

Got one for 84 and he's up to 109 already. Would think the Watkins SBC is coming today and all the leakers have already started investing.
  • mott1993
    932 posts Semi-Pro
    This is my team at the moment. Literally begging EA to do a boosted Skriniar card now, because then I can link Rodak into my main team.
    95l6W3f.png

What's Gattuso like? And @Farlz how's Lampard at CDM? Contemplating getting a new CDM from icon swaps but don't know which direction to go :D
  • wheelerdeeler
    mott1993 wrote: »
    95l6W3f.png

What's Gattuso like? And @Farlz how's Lampard at CDM? Contemplating getting a new CDM from icon swaps but don't know which direction to go :D

Does the job. Probably the best way to describe him. Unless you're playing Rivals in a high Division and playing all 30 games of FUT Champs to get Gold 1+ he'll be more than fine.

Let's you get someone else as well, and I'm going for Maldini.
  • mott1993
    932 posts Semi-Pro
    95l6W3f.png

Does the job. Probably the best way to describe him. Unless you're playing Rivals in a high Division and playing all 30 games of FUT Champs to get Gold 1+ he'll be more than fine.

Let's you get someone else as well, and I'm going for Maldini.

Cheers. Usually bounce between Div 3-4 and Gold 3/2, already did the prime icon pack (Garrincha) so I'm not going for all the tokens, so not sure how he'd cope
  • Farlz
    8974 posts League Winner
    Pretty good, his runs from deep are really effective with his shooting.

I was playing him at CAM before I switched to this team and absolutely loved him in that role.
  • AaronMFC
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    I got Luis Hernandez in the prime icon pack until he was an icon id never heard of him looking at his career stats on wikipedia im not conviced hes a legend of the game. Are any of the tots fl players any good debating trying to change my prem team a lot.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited April 25
    Said it already. Really liked Mitrovic in my first FUT Champs games. 20G 7A in 10 games.

Waiting for the Watkins SBC and then I'll try out him and Benrahma.

And they've done some Icons just to get one in a "big market". Surprised they don't do Lalas or Donovan anymore for America. But I'm hoping we get a Clint Dempsey soon for that one, and I'd love that because his Prime card would be a Fulham one.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited April 25
    I just took the profit with Benrahma. Made about 30k. Can't be bothered to do the Watkins SBC for how expensive it is. 3*/3* and 65 Composure. Will just stick with Mitrovic.
  • Farlz
    8974 posts League Winner
    c9c76c2452388b2f5bbb0382f85b9ada.png
    :+1:

I could make 70k profit on Benrahma and about 20k on Eze if I sold them both :D Buying cards as soon as they release is always the move imo, pretty much guaranteed profit
  • wheelerdeeler
    I just wish I bought Benrahma's. Literally said to buy them and I only bought one.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Farlz wrote: »
    c9c76c2452388b2f5bbb0382f85b9ada.png

I could make 70k profit on Benrahma and about 20k on Eze if I sold them both :D Buying cards as soon as they release is always the move imo, pretty much guaranteed profit

The move is to always snipe them during Lightning Rounds on the first day when their prices haven't really settled. It's what I was saying to do with Benrahma on here last night, but I just didn't.
  • They Caged Non
    6250 posts Big Money Move
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    I got Luis Hernandez in the prime icon pack until he was an icon id never heard of him looking at his career stats on wikipedia im not conviced hes a legend of the game. Are any of the tots fl players any good debating trying to change my prem team a lot.

To be fair, they gave Lalas an icon card purely based on having a dodgy beard and playing in the 94 World Cup.
  • AaronMFC
    1866 posts Play-Off Hero
    AaronMFC wrote: »

To be fair, they gave Lalas an icon card purely based on having a dodgy beard and playing in the 94 World Cup.

I assumed as much with Hernandez wasnt sure whether he was a cult hero for some reason. He was probably the last icon i wanted tbh so was really disappointed with the pack.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited April 25
    Stopping at 14/20 in FUT Champs. Just wanted the two Red Picks, never get Fulham players in them anyway though. Probably the only person who'd be happy with a Red Rodak. 31 Goals in 20 games for TOTS Mitrovic.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Aguero streaming FUT Champs is definitely an interesting development in quarantine.
  • Jboom98
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 26
  • Jboom98
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Latest Football Manager plot twist. I've now got Rivaldo as a Director of Football, which is letting me sign old Brazilians in League Two. I've now got a 36 year old Jadson as a Deep Lying Playmaker, still feeding Chris Martin though. Tried to sign Fred (rubbish World Cup one, not Man Utd one) but he couldn't get a Work Permit.

Oh yeah, I won the Conference by 5 Points. Had Jay Stansfield on loan and he finished top scorer in the league. Currently won 2 out of 2 in League 2.

Well Chris Martin likes Yellow
  • GoodnightIrene
    3898 posts National Call-Up
    Didn't Landon Donovan use to have a Legend card as well :lol:

Think if he got rated at his peak in todays terms he wouldn't be above 83 and even that is a stretch.